Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 01:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Do I need to retake GMAT for UCLA FEMBA

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q48 V30
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 5

Do I need to retake GMAT for UCLA FEMBA [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2012, 16:36
Hi,
I want to apply to UCLA - FEMBA program. I gave gmat and received 640 in GMAT. Q - 48 and V - 29.
I have 8 years of IT experience.
Do you think I can apply for UCLA - FEMBA or should I retake GMAT and aim for higher score?
Please advice.

-If you like my post, consider giving KUDOS

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Followers: 122

Kudos [?]: 606 [1] , given: 114

Re: Do I need to retake GMAT for UCLA [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2012, 16:48
This post received
KUDOS
Here is the roll call page for Anderson's FEMBA Program: anderson-femba-2012-calling-all-applicants-120316.html

It appears that the latest intake at Anderson's FEMBA program had an 80% range of 640-730 with a median of 690. with approx 10% of intake lower than 640 and 10% higher than 730. It really depends on your experience, essays, undergrad GPA, and the rest of your application as a whole. The part time programs are usually less selective because they are drawing from a smaller geographic area, but on the other hand UCLA has one of the top part time programs in the country. I would recommend that you also consider the other MBA programs in the area (USC, Pepperdine, LMU) as backups.

I believe that you do have a shot at making it as long as the rest of your application is good, especially since the your GMAT quant is definitely up to par. Also, if you feel that you could improve your GMAT, you still have until January 31st to take it again (even though the application is due Jan 24th). This is assuming that you want to apply round 2.

I definitely think you should apply unless you think you can definitely improve your GMAT and improve your application as a whole with more time! Good luck!

New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>

My GMAT and BSchool Tips:

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Re: Do I need to retake GMAT for UCLA [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2012, 23:54
Thanks for the response.

I wanted to target UCLA Anderson. Do you know if I apply for Round 2 and get rejected, can I give my GMAT again and get a higher score - 680 and apply in Round 3. Is that possible ?

Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Followers: 122

Kudos [?]: 606 [0], given: 114

Re: Do I need to retake GMAT for UCLA FEMBA [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2012, 08:16
You will NOT be able to apply in round 3 if you've already applied in that year. You will have to re-apply the following year.

If you really think that you could improve your GMAT and the rest of your application significantly I would recommend that you apply round 3. I know this probably doesn't sound like good advice, but for part time programs the 3rd round is not nearly as competative as full time programs because part-time programs are generally less competative. It's definitely something to consider if you are dead set on going this year.

I would also recommend that you watch the videos along the right hand side of this website at anderson: http://www.anderson.ucla.edu/x19594.xml The admissions director has some really great advice. Good luck!

New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>

My GMAT and BSchool Tips:

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Re: Do I need to retake GMAT for UCLA FEMBA [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2012, 13:48
Thanks for the reply.

I guess I need to decide soon.

Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 294

Kudos [?]: 693 [0], given: 6

Re: Do I need to retake GMAT for UCLA FEMBA [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2012, 13:25
Expert's post
You may *actually* "reapply" for R3 - this really only happens if you apply R2 and get waitlisted. During that time into R3, if you have an improved score then you can use that for R3 - if that score is good enough then it may push you off the waitlist into admission. This is the only case where you can go from R2 to R3 - if you're on the waitlist.

Otherwise it's as GMATLA mentioned, you have to apply the following year.

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 540 Q39 V27
GMAT 2: 640 Q44 V35
GPA: 3.59

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 5

Re: Do I need to retake GMAT for UCLA FEMBA [#permalink] New post 10 Sep 2013, 14:48
Hi dddmba2012,

Im in the same situation as you were a couple of years back :)
I scored a disappointing 640 (Q44 V3) :( in GMAT awaiting AWA and IR - I think I did AWA pretty good, not sure about IR at this point
I have 4 years work experience in electrical engineering field.
Re: Do I need to retake GMAT for UCLA FEMBA   [#permalink] 10 Sep 2013, 14:48