Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 20:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Do I need to retake GMAT.....Targeting ISB ?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Do I need to retake GMAT.....Targeting ISB ? [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2012, 00:35
Hi All,

I have graduated from IIT Bombay(Dual degree: B.Tech + M.Tech) in 2008. I plan to apply for ISB, Hyderabad for 2013 Batch. I got a GMAT score of 690 (Q49, V34) AWA 5.0 in my second attempt. I have so far 3 years of experience in Analytics and Consulting (In healthcare and Insurance domain) and by the time I apply for ISB it would be around 4 years. My CGPA on a scale of 10 was around 7.13. Currently I am working as an Assistant Manager in Fraud Analytics and Consulting domain.I have around 6 months of international assignment experience as well.

Do you think I need a retake? Please advise. Will a score of around 700-720 improve my admission chances (for ISB)?

Please also advise if I can target INSEAD?
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.9
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 6

Re: Do I need to retake GMAT.....Targeting ISB ? [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2012, 00:46
I think you should be fine. IIT has great reputation. That + your score should get you in.
1 KUDOS received
Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator
Followers: 40

Kudos [?]: 395 [1] , given: 239

Premium Member
Re: Do I need to retake GMAT.....Targeting ISB ? [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2012, 15:38
This post received
KUDOS
vanant wrote:
Hi All,

I have graduated from IIT Bombay(Dual degree: B.Tech + M.Tech) in 2008. I plan to apply for ISB, Hyderabad for 2013 Batch. I got a GMAT score of 690 (Q49, V34) AWA 5.0 in my second attempt. I have so far 3 years of experience in Analytics and Consulting (In healthcare and Insurance domain) and by the time I apply for ISB it would be around 4 years. My CGPA on a scale of 10 was around 7.13. Currently I am working as an Assistant Manager in Fraud Analytics and Consulting domain.I have around 6 months of international assignment experience as well.

Do you think I need a retake? Please advise. Will a score of around 700-720 improve my admission chances (for ISB)?

Please also advise if I can target INSEAD?

I am no expert, but here are my 2 cents from the ISB info sessions and alumni feedback I got.

You have the reputed UG Institute , good GPA n work -exp , and a fine GMAT . So Re-taking for a 700/710 won't make sense.(may be a 730+ could look good, but not mandatory) Even tough you may feel stats wise you are 10 -15 points away from the mean, but given the other factors GMAT score won't come in your way.

If you can find other ways (hobbies, volunteering, travel, linguistics) to make yourself stand out that would help in a bigger way.

INSEAD likes candidate with a good quant %tile (that u have) and international experience (that u have as well) , but the verbal %tile being a little off balance could be a little negative.Hope this helps.

How to CHOOSE your Business School
Thanks = Kudos. Kudos are appreciated

Rules for posting on the verbal forum
When you post a question Pls. Provide its source & TAG your questions
Avoid posting from unreliable sources such as 1000 series.

Re: Do I need to retake GMAT.....Targeting ISB ?   [#permalink] 07 Jan 2012, 15:38