Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Aug 2014, 06:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Do I really need to get GMATPrep Pack 1?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GPA: 3.75
Followers: 127

Kudos [?]: 591 [0], given: 62

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Do I really need to get GMATPrep Pack 1? [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2012, 09:37
Expert's post
Experts, need help.
I have:
OG12
OG verbal review 2nd edition
OG Quant review 2nd Edition
Collection of questions from OG 10 and OG 11 as well.

My question is "for more practice questions and to develop GMAT ear, do I really need to get the pack"?
I read the reviews but its a kind of mixed opinion upon the issue; some say that the questions in pack are older than the question in OG12.

Since the earlier questions stressed more on other issue rather than Idioms, so I doubt whether they are going to help me or not.

All suggestions are welcome.

Prepositional Phrases Clarified|Elimination of BEING| Absolute Phrases Clarified
Rules For Posting
www.Univ-Scholarships.com

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: Do I really need to get GMATPrep Pack 1? [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2012, 09:56
I found it to be quite useful.
Expert Post
Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator

Re: Do I really need to get GMATPrep Pack 1? [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2012, 09:58
Expert's post
Hey thanks for the reply.
How were the questions in Verbal? Were they upto the latest standards?

Prepositional Phrases Clarified|Elimination of BEING| Absolute Phrases Clarified
Rules For Posting

Manager
Manager
GMAT Date: 11-18-2012
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 23

Re: Do I really need to get GMATPrep Pack 1? [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2012, 10:14
I too have same question.
Any suggestion?

Thriving for CHANGE

Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.02
WE: Other (Education)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 13

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Do I really need to get GMATPrep Pack 1? [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2012, 13:25
I say why not? Especially if you're wanting more practice tests. It's the closest you can get to the actual GMAT.

Long journey, but not impossible.

VP
VP
Followers: 70

Kudos [?]: 441 [0], given: 449

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Do I really need to get GMATPrep Pack 1? [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2012, 14:00
I'm using it now. Its worth it.
I really dont know what the "current standard" is, but I found verbal questions to be good (GMAT-esque in general)

See it like this: If you score badly this time, will you buy it for your retake? if yes, I say buy it now.
if its about money: $25 is not a big amount for 400 odd questions. In fact its a good bargain.
if its about time: we all know our time is best utilized when we solve official questions.

Best

My Debrief | MBA Timeline - New! Stay on top of deadlines, receive recommendations for each stage, get reminders.

Expert Post
Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator

Re: Do I really need to get GMATPrep Pack 1? [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2012, 01:03
Expert's post
jumsumtak wrote:
I'm using it now. Its worth it.
I really dont know what the "current standard" is, but I found verbal questions to be good (GMAT-esque in general)

See it like this: If you score badly this time, will you buy it for your retake? if yes, I say buy it now.
if its about money: $25 is not a big amount for 400 odd questions. In fact its a good bargain.
if its about time: we all know our time is best utilized when we solve official questions.

Best

Thanks.
Went for it.

Rules For Posting

Manager
Manager
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 123 [0], given: 79

Re: Do I really need to get GMATPrep Pack 1? [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2012, 07:47
Sorry, I'm a little bit late to the conversation, but just in case you have a flash of buyers' remorse: I completely agree with jumsumtak. There's no substitute for official questions, and $25 for 404 questions is actually a pretty good deal, especially compared to, say, GMAT Focus (24 questions for $29.99!).

And compared to the $126,000 you'll spend in tuition when you get into HBS, the Question Pack is really, really cheap. :wink:

Helping students kick the GMAT in the nuts since 2002... www.gmatninja.com.

Expert Post
Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator

Re: Do I really need to get GMATPrep Pack 1? [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2012, 10:22
Expert's post
Thanks Ninja.
I hope one day I will emulate your performance.

Rules For Posting

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 616

Kudos [?]: 2424 [0], given: 738

Re: Do I really need to get GMATPrep Pack 1? [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2012, 10:56
Expert's post
I agree with all of the above.
Its a good buy considering you have exhausted your verbal prep.
However after buying please keep the file safe. I formatted my PC and now I cannot get it back, so I will probably have to buy it again.

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Director
Director
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 247 [0], given: 543

Re: Do I really need to get GMATPrep Pack 1? [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2012, 07:07
once you purchase this question pack can we use it for indefinite time period or is there a limited time period?

Click +1 Kudos if my post helped...

Amazing Free video explanation for all Quant questions from OG 13 and much more http://www.gmatquantum.com/og13th/

GMAT Prep software What if scenarios gmat-prep-software-analysis-and-what-if-scenarios-146146.html

Manager
Manager
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 123 [0], given: 79

Re: Do I really need to get GMATPrep Pack 1? [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2012, 08:37
I'm pretty sure that the GMATPrep Question Pack is yours indefinitely. When it was first released earlier this year, the questions would disappear and then reappear for no particular reason, but they seem to have fixed that glitch.

Helping students kick the GMAT in the nuts since 2002... www.gmatninja.com.

Re: Do I really need to get GMATPrep Pack 1?   [#permalink] 01 Dec 2012, 08:37