Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 11:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Do Schools enforce Minimum Gpa's?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Do Schools enforce Minimum Gpa's? [#permalink] New post 01 Jan 2007, 14:01
A lot of schools have the minimum 3.0 stuff? If I have a 2.65 and around a 590, do I not apply to those schools?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Do Schools enforce Minimum Gpa's? [#permalink] New post 01 Jan 2007, 14:57
golfpro20050 wrote:
A lot of schools have the minimum 3.0 stuff? If I have a 2.65 and around a 590, do I not apply to those schools?

good question.
I have exactly the same gpa and gmat score. I already admitted and studying at a third tier accredited school with tuition waiver, but wondering if I have any chance for transferring to a good second tier school w/ or w/o waiver. :?
Manager
Manager

Re: Do Schools enforce Minimum Gpa's? [#permalink] New post 01 Jan 2007, 14:58
eidolon wrote:
golfpro20050 wrote:

good question.
I have exactly the same gpa and gmat score. I already admitted and studying at a third tier accredited school with tuition waiver, but wondering if I have any chance for transferring to a good second tier school w/ or w/o waiver. :?

what school did you apply to? What is your resume? What did you right about your gpa? Did any schools say they use the cutoff? thanks
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 01 Jan 2007, 19:44
thats interesting...I didn't know graduate schools enforced a minimum gpa.. even the top schools have a big range. I'm sure there are a few who get accepted to top schools w/ gpa below 3.0..

I certainly hope there is no cutoff...my gpa is seriously a 2.99!
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2007, 19:48
amorica wrote:
thats interesting...I didn't know graduate schools enforced a minimum gpa.. even the top schools have a big range. I'm sure there are a few who get accepted to top schools w/ gpa below 3.0..

2.99=3.00. Anyone know the answer? I don't understand how someone who went to like Central Michigan with a 3.1 in psychology has a chance over a BIG TEN school economics degree with a 2.7
SVP
SVP
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2007, 17:45
golfpro20050 wrote:
amorica wrote:

2.99=3.00. Anyone know the answer? I don't understand how someone who went to like Central Michigan with a 3.1 in psychology has a chance over a BIG TEN school economics degree with a 2.7

Most programs do not have actual GPA cutoffs, just as they don't have GMAT cutoffs. That said, if you have a 2.65 GPA and a 590 GMAT there have to be *significant* offsetting factors for you to have a decent chance at schools with, say, an average 650 GMAT. Those factors can be a powerful personal story, excellent leadership, or underrepresented minority status, etc. See Accepted.com's advice for applicants with low GPAs.

Good luck,

Paul Bodine /
Author, Great Applications for Business School and Perfect Phrases for Business School Acceptance

Follow Paul Bodine on Twitter