Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 12 Jul 2014, 16:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Do u have any questions for me?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Do u have any questions for me? [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2007, 14:11
In almost every MBA interview, the interviewer asks this question. What are the best or possible questions you can ask them that helps your chances of getting into the school?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 77

Kudos [?]: 691 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2007, 14:22
They dont rate your questions, they do evaluate if you ask anything. Its always bad in an interview to not ask anything. Just ask things you are curious about. If they have been out of school for a long time, you can ask if X years out they still feel their education was a big benefit to them...do they still use things they learned. Did the school meet their expectations, did it help them attain their career goals.

Ask about their time at the school, classes they like, things you need to do while there. What their lives were like while in school. If you are married and they were married while in school you can ask about that.
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth Class of 2010
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 156 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2007, 20:12
I asked how hard winter was in Chicago, how he felt being part of GSB, and asked him the strength of GSB alumni.

I don't know if they were the right questions to do, but I honestly wanted to know all that things.

I don't think there is a formula, each interview is unique, and just be yourself, try not be too nervous and that's it.

I had only one experience with B school interview though.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2007, 21:49
I interviewed mostly with adcoms and in both interviews, i asked what is the vision of the school for future and what changes are they planning. It gives an indication to me if the school is evolving according to the current business trends and i shud say both the adcoms were very pleased to answer that question.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 62

Kudos [?]: 326 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2007, 02:41
there are a million and one questions that you can ask, and as long as they are honest curiosities, there are no bad questions. Ask about something that will help you make your decision on whether you want to go to that school, and you should be fine. (as long as it's not an "Avi question" like "are the chicks hot at the school :P)
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2007, 08:17
Thanks guys :)
  [#permalink] 24 Dec 2007, 08:17