Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 13 Jul 2014, 13:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Documents Required for B-School Application and Admit

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 16

Documents Required for B-School Application and Admit [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2013, 05:37
Hi All,

I always wondered what kind of documents mostly academic and professional, are required to be submitted during various stages of the B-School Admission process. I always thought its just the transcripts. Does the school also require all the merit certificates and professional certificates to be attached in the online application?

I'd really appreciate it if someone could just list down all the documents I'd be needed to produce at stages like:
1. When I apply to the school. To be attached or sent along with the CV and Recommendations
2. While joining the school during the admit.

Also, do the schools make it necessary to provide actual transcripts during the admit or would grade sheets work?

Thanks in advance!

Robin
VP
VP
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 93

Kudos [?]: 398 [0], given: 73

Premium Member
Re: Documents Required for B-School Application and Admit [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2013, 09:18
You do not need to attach all of your certificates and awards to an application. On the application you simply need your recommendations (which the recommenders send in themselves), self-reported transcript, official GMAT scores (which GMAC sends to the schools).

Once you are admitted and are going to matriculate, different schools will require different documents. All will need your official transcripts from the schools you attended (i.e. undergraduate, graduate, transfer classes, etc.). They don't need things like your CPA score, CFA charters or anything like that. You can simply list those in the application. Hope this helps.

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 16

Re: Documents Required for B-School Application and Admit [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2013, 23:34
cheetarah1980 wrote:
You do not need to attach all of your certificates and awards to an application. On the application you simply need your recommendations (which the recommenders send in themselves), self-reported transcript, official GMAT scores (which GMAC sends to the schools).

Once you are admitted and are going to matriculate, different schools will require different documents. All will need your official transcripts from the schools you attended (i.e. undergraduate, graduate, transfer classes, etc.). They don't need things like your CPA score, CFA charters or anything like that. You can simply list those in the application. Hope this helps.

Thanks cheetarah1980! :) Its strange though...I thought they'd be taking some proof of the stuff that's written in the CV. But I guess they dont! Also, does the school find it okay to accept grade-sheets which are prity similar to transcripts, if the uni the applicant studied under doesn't produce transcripts?

Thanks!
Rob
VP
VP
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 93

Kudos [?]: 398 [0], given: 73

Premium Member
Re: Documents Required for B-School Application and Admit [#permalink] New post 09 Jun 2013, 08:20
RobinC wrote:
cheetarah1980 wrote:

Thanks cheetarah1980! :) Its strange though...I thought they'd be taking some proof of the stuff that's written in the CV. But I guess they dont! Also, does the school find it okay to accept grade-sheets which are prity similar to transcripts, if the uni the applicant studied under doesn't produce transcripts?

Thanks!
Rob

Schools do background checks once you are admitted. It is impossible for them to check on every single thing that someone writes in an application. They check your job, salary, transcripts, etc. Can you imagine how much effort and manpower it would take for an admissions team to check on every certification, award, all volunteer hours, etc for thousands of applicants. Or can you imagine how thick application files would be if applicants were required to submit verification of everything they claim? It's impossible. Usually if someone is making stuff up it tends to come to light by itself (i.e. timelines, realism, etc.).

I am not on an admissions committee. I only know what I had to submit after being accepted into schools. I'm pretty sure they just need official documentation of your grades from the school in whatever form the school offers it. It may not be called a transcript at your uni but it should basically be the same thing (an official reporting of all grades received).

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com

Re: Documents Required for B-School Application and Admit   [#permalink] 09 Jun 2013, 08:20