Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Sep 2014, 04:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Does anyone know of any good ways of mastering the CR. I

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Does anyone know of any good ways of mastering the CR. I [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2008, 03:31
This post was
BOOKMARKED
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

0% (00:00) correct 0% (00:00) wrong based on 0 sessions
Does anyone know of any good ways of mastering the CR. I thought I had. However lately I seem to be making several mistakes working through the Verbal OG.

Any tips on mastering this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Help in Mastering the CR is greatly needed [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2008, 07:14
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
carol wrote:
Can someone tell me what is CR 1000?Is it a book? And does it worth to buy it? Does it have official questions? What other sources are you using to study the CR?

I've noticed that when I am studying using 'official' questions I do much better rather than when I am studying using 'unofficial' questions...should I worry with this. For me not being a native speaker doesn't help either, however I believe that the best recipe for sucess is unlimited practise...

Using the CR 1000 too along with OG and OG Verbal. Attached file. One thing you don't have to buy! It is official GMAT questions from past tests. I have noticed some repeats with the OG so it's a good c/k.

Same here I did well on OG CR but bad on this. But will practise and aim to reduce errors.
Attachments

GMAT_LSAT_CR.zip [1.16 MiB]
Downloaded 1680 times

To download please login or register as a user

Believe in yourself.

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Help in Mastering the CR is greatly needed [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2008, 06:32
Vavali wrote:
Does anyone know of any good ways of mastering the CR. I thought I had. However lately I seem to be making several mistakes working through the Verbal OG.

Any tips on mastering this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I felt exactly the same way. I did well on OG-CR and suddenly I seem to be getting way more errors on the 1000_CR and that has thrown me off.

The only thing that I think is the key is reading the question and looking at the answers very carefully. Might take more time initially but think in the long run we will be OK.

Additionally, I think there are at times answers that seem correct because we have already interpreted the statements in a particular way. Assume nothing that isn't stated explicitly.

Hope some more people can chime in. Have you started 1000 CR?

Believe in yourself.

VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth '11
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 149 [0], given: 12

GMAT Tests User
Re: Help in Mastering the CR is greatly needed [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2008, 06:32
hm It is hard to explain. I usually inherently figure out the argument. I usually do not go , ok here is the conclusion, here is the evidence etc. It usually just makes sense. But for someone having trouble, I'd have to say read and understand the stem. This is big. Then ask yourself questions. For assumption questions you cannot stray far from the argument at all. If the answer choices mention a fact or nouns not associated with the argument at all, I eliminate them. It may be a twist, a similar type of word, something that is mentioned in the stem, but not, so eliminate it. If the stem talks about fuel efficiency, you do not need to talk about fuel cost in the answer choice.

If true questions, look for answer choices that do appear far from the argument but are not. Usually gives scenarios that would strengthen or weaken argument, IF TRUE. Now read through each answer. A LOT might make sense but you need to find the one that gives a scenario that talks to the stem. Think, if this scenario happened, how would it affect what is stated in the question? Ask that question for each answer choice, and MAKE SURE not to lose sight of the stem.

CR on GMAT is airtight. That is what makes it sweet. I really wouldn't practice CR other than official material like LSAT and OFF GUIDE questions. You will just drive yourself nuts because a lot of other questions leave open airleaks.

Once again the above is my strategies. Not sure if they apply in every case, but they work for me.
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Help in Mastering the CR is greatly needed [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2008, 06:40
Terp, OG was good exactly for the reason you state. The choices are airtight.

What was your experience on CR1000? I've been trying to understand if those are good practise or am I just wasting time and losing confidence.

Believe in yourself.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Help in Mastering the CR is greatly needed [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2008, 06:52
Can someone tell me what is CR 1000?Is it a book? And does it worth to buy it? Does it have official questions? What other sources are you using to study the CR?

I've noticed that when I am studying using 'official' questions I do much better rather than when I am studying using 'unofficial' questions...should I worry with this. For me not being a native speaker doesn't help either, however I believe that the best recipe for sucess is unlimited practise...
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Help in Mastering the CR is greatly needed [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2008, 07:21
Thanks!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Help in Mastering the CR is greatly needed [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2008, 07:39
Thanks for the tip guys!
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Help in Mastering the CR is greatly needed [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2008, 09:29
bozo190101 wrote:
carol wrote:

Using the CR 1000 too along with OG and OG Verbal. Attached file. One thing you don't have to buy! It is official GMAT questions from past tests. I have noticed some repeats with the OG so it's a good c/k.

Same here I did well on OG CR but bad on this. But will practise and aim to reduce errors.

you have to be aware that some of the answers are not right on CR 1000. For instance, be especially careful of tests 12,13. I gave up on the CR1000 for this very reason. You can't practice when the answers aren't 100% correct. Although the gmat CRs are much easier compared to the LSATs, i practice w/ LSAT problems with offical explanations. At least i don't have to second guess myself.
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Help in Mastering the CR is greatly needed [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2008, 11:59
[quote="Skewed]
you have to be aware that some of the answers are not right on CR 1000. For instance, be especially careful of tests 12,13. I gave up on the CR1000 for this very reason. You can't practice when the answers aren't 100% correct. Although the gmat CRs are much easier compared to the LSATs, i practice w/ LSAT problems with offical explanations. At least i don't have to second guess myself.[/quote]

I felt that of the GMAT test C and D too. Are the LSAT problems you practise different from the LSAT_1000? Where can I get that set? Thanks!

Believe in yourself.

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Help in Mastering the CR is greatly needed [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2008, 15:55
bozo190101 wrote:
[

The LSAT questions are all in the CR1000, but you don't have the OE's. There are some books out there that provide the unofficial explanations of questions in the previous practice LSATs. Such bks are fairly inexpensive. Check it out, see if it helps you.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/10 ... ts&x=0&y=0
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 39

GMAT Tests User
Re: Help in Mastering the CR is greatly needed [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2009, 19:35
Thanks for CR doc
SVP
SVP
Followers: 261

Kudos [?]: 58 [0], given: 0

Premium Member
Re: Does anyone know of any good ways of mastering the CR. I [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2013, 05:02
Hello from the GMAT Club VerbalBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
Director
Director
Concentration: General Management, General Management
Schools: ISB '16
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V29
GMAT 2: 680 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.7
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 206 [0], given: 312

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Does anyone know of any good ways of mastering the CR. I [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2014, 21:57
Hi,

I am unable to find proper OA's for the GMAT_LSAT_CR Doc.

Can anyone help?

Rgds,
TGC!

Rgds,
TGC!

Re: Does anyone know of any good ways of mastering the CR. I   [#permalink] 09 Apr 2014, 21:57