Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 05:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Does MBA make sense for me...?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Retired Moderator
Followers: 76

Kudos [?]: 506 [0], given: 25

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Does MBA make sense for me...? [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2010, 13:36
BlueRobin wrote:
Allright my man, i am happy for you are allright and doing well in london,you will have lots of fun & friends in that place as long as you can afford it. ;)

I am sure you must have already done so but but if not, then make sure to check out the gherkin on fenchurch street, i am sure you will love seeing so many financial buildings at one place.

Thanks for the information and keep up the good work.

By the way your right in saying one*(demographically applicable individuals :)) should try if it is worth the stretch.

The one I need to go to is a restaurant next to the gherkin, I think 40th floor and double michelin star. Some team mates were there recently, but I missed out ... this business dinner thing can be fun if you manage to get into the michelin star stuff

Math write-ups
1) Algebra-101 2) Sequences 3) Set combinatorics 4) 3-D geometry

My GMAT story

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 12

Re: Does MBA make sense for me...? [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2010, 06:02
Here is my take in this. The full-time MBA is a somewhat risky choice for you. However, if you don't take risk you don't get a potential reward. I'm in the same boat: lots of years in IT, decent salary. I'm sure you searched for jobs at the higher level such as Director, VP etc and I'm sure you noticed the higher you go the more common is MBA requirement.

Next: FT vs. PT: this is a beat up topic with a little caveat though - Google, Apple, Microsoft and the likes will come to HAAS to hire Full-timers. PT students may not get an access or equal access to those companies. In other words, PT gives you a stamp in resume, knowledge and some alumni connection while FT gives you stamp, knowledge, strong network and the JOB.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 5

Re: Does MBA make sense for me...? [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2010, 02:27
Good work shrouded.
I think u helped me very much because i was in need of some info on S&T and u provided me with the one.
Thanks and kudos.
Re: Does MBA make sense for me...?   [#permalink] 24 Dec 2010, 02:27