Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 15:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Does Q43 in MGMAT CAT equal Q46 in real exam?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 16

Does Q43 in MGMAT CAT equal Q46 in real exam? [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2014, 01:22
Hi all,

After finishing Math books of Manhattan as well as Bible ones, I took my first GMATprep about 2 months ago and my score was Q43.

After that, I started working on 700 level questions from this forum and analyzing answers by Bunuel. I was taking notes during reading explanations and after some days I was reviewing my notes, then after a couple of weeks I decided to take my first Manhattan CAT and I got Q41. (I know Manhattan CAT has harder quantitative questions than GMATprep)

Some guys suggested me downloading GMAT Club book and working on it, so I did. I printed the book and started studying the chapters, taking notes and then solving relative questions from GMAT Club math directory page (I solved about 10 questions including both 600 and 700 levels for every topic) according to the chapter which I`d studied before. Please consider, I`ve just finished about 70% of GMAT Club book and working on related 700 level questions.

Yesterday, I took the second Manhattan CAT and I got Q43. :(

So I have 2 questions and I hope a helpful person answers me:

1- 2 months and a half ago when I took the first GMATprep my Q score was 43 and after working on math substantially my second MGMAT CAT score became 43 again, since MGMAT CATs have more difficult questions, does it mean that my Q43 in those CATs equals for example Q45,46 in real exam?

2- I don`t know what else I should do in order to increase my score from Q43 to Q50 :roll: . I have about 70 days to the exam.

Thanks in advance,
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: HEC Jan'16 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 15 [1] , given: 30

Reviews Badge
Re: Does Q43 in MGMAT CAT equal Q46 in real exam? [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2014, 04:07
This post received
KUDOS
Hi... my scores in MGMAT CAT were in the range of 42-44 and ended up with 47 in the actual exam. The best predictor of your scores is GMAT prep.

MGMAT Quant is generally a little bit harder and is more calculation based. You can try GMAT Club tests. They are extremely good.

All the best for your exam.

Take care to get what you like or you will be forced to like what you get!!

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 2

Re: Does Q43 in MGMAT CAT equal Q46 in real exam? [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2014, 14:00
This post received
KUDOS
I've never seen above a Q45 on a MGMAT test (I took 6) and got a Q49 on the real thing.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

Re: Does Q43 in MGMAT CAT equal Q46 in real exam? [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2014, 07:40
Hi hamidmax,

I am experiencing the same thing. I work consistently on my Quant and in my Manhattan CATs I score around 42-44.
I get very discouraged to realize that after so much hard work that would only put me in around the 60%ile.

I´ll spend some weeks more reviewing and then take a practice test from a different company (or one of the Gmat Preps).

Will share my insights with you if you want.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.8
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Re: Does Q43 in MGMAT CAT equal Q46 in real exam? [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2014, 13:32
On MGMAT CAT, I have scored Q39, 40, 41, 43, and 43.

On the GMATPrep I scored a 49. I find a lot of value from MGMAT Quant because they give you really tough problems, and if you can learn the THEORY behind those problems, then you will be able to apply them very quickly to the easier questions on the real thing.

I'll be taking my test on Tuesday, so I'll let you know which one was more indicative of my score.

Good luck!
Re: Does Q43 in MGMAT CAT equal Q46 in real exam?   [#permalink] 20 Feb 2014, 13:32