Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 05:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Does the current GMAT remember your last test mistake?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Does the current GMAT remember your last test mistake? [#permalink] New post 15 Jul 2010, 06:21
hi
i heard that if one take the GMAT more the one, the GMAT use information abuot your strength and weakness and use it against you.
for example if in the former test you had foor perfurmans in CR -assemption- then the next test will give you more of that particular issue.
hance 1. you need to be actually better in order to get the same grade because the test is somewhat aiming to your weaknesses and therefor more difficult.
2. one better take the GMAT when he fill that he can reach the bar that he need because if one did not reach the bar, the next time will be harder.
is it true?
does it make sence??
thanks!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2323

Kudos [?]: 9394 [1] , given: 3696

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Does the current GMAT remember your last test mistake? [#permalink] New post 15 Jul 2010, 07:00
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Hi and welcome to GMAT Club!

I don't think that's true. The value would be hard to prove. For example, if GMAT knew you were weak in probability, but you brushed up on that this time, so how many probability questions do you get?

Also, this would be unfair towards other applicants and the big message from GMAT is that it is able to accurately evaluate every applicant, not make it harder or fail you (even though it feels that way quite often). If the word came out that GMAT was not fair, schools would drop it and choose GRE instead since they want to be fair and evaluate everyone based on their abilities, not past history...

Pure speculation...

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Followers: 86

Kudos [?]: 490 [1] , given: 432

Premium Member
Re: Does the current GMAT remember your last test mistake? [#permalink] New post 15 Jul 2010, 07:44
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
I don't think that is the case. As bb stated, this should be dismissed as gossip. And while I agree that it's always best to perform well on the first try, many members here have improved their scores on the second attempt.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: Does the current GMAT remember your last test mistake?   [#permalink] 15 Jul 2010, 07:44