Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:43 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Tuck'08
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
Sorry Ruben, I forgot you in my thanks :-D
Keep in touch and please send me all your english complicated books, hehehe :lol:
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 198 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats Antmavel ! Finally u did it. 70 point increase is a marvelous improvement. Good luck if u do decide to take it again !
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 395 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
But great improvement to your last score anyways, congratz ;)

Whats this about the BF question? Do they fall into RC CR or SC? or are they some sort of new style?

anyways, success pour la prochaine fois
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1448 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
antmavel, my advise to you is that you should retake it exactly in 4 weeks. you should take 2 days off and then concentrate on verbal. memorize some of the most frequent idioms. do some lsat-cr`s. read the economist. when you stop now and start again in several week you are in danger of forgetting your knowledge of quant. an increase of 30 - 50 points in 4 weeks is doable. good luck :-D
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
I agree with you on this point. If I take it it's now or it will be 1 year later minimum....Of course, I would rather take it sooner than later but you know If I go under 600 it will kill my profile and looks like this 620 was a lucky shot. that's my only fear. I'll make a choice after this weekend...
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1480 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulation on your improvement!!! ^_^ . I think it's indeed a good score. With a little greater effort, you will ace the test sooner or later! :wink: ...Wish you all the best :gl
You're right about the prominence and helpfullness of GMATclub. That's why I choose to stay with this forum instead of others out there. The interaction among members is well promoted here, which makes me feel like I'm belonging to a real team of prepping the test.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Antmavel,
Don't lose heart. Your score could be fine for many top universities. If you do decide to take the test, take it before you forget everything and start all over. Keep an active error log and go through your logs frequently
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 642 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:Wharton'11 HBS'12
Send PM
[#permalink]
wow an excellent score on quant....tell us more about your quant experience...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 225 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
You mentioned about having to guess on last 5 questions of both sections? What do you think went wrong or used your time in both sections? Even then you got a great quant score...
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratz Antmavel on the improvement. I understand your difficult decision in taking it again in 1 month or 1 year. I had the same dilemma and I did take it again only 1 year later from my second attempt. It's tough but definitely feasible as it did allow me to improve my score substantially. I think it is clearly possible to improve your score from 27 to 30+ and that will push you to 650+. Just focus on verbal for the next 3 weeks and 1 week before the exam, do quant as well. Mix both. It is what I did in my last attempt and it did work out. I suggest you to take it again, definitely. Good luck again.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Antmavel, congrats on the score jump. I am only writing to say that I admire your spirit and positive attitude. Your quant score is excellent, and if you can convey the energy from your posts in your application essays, I think you have a very solid chance of getting in most of the good programs out there. If I were an adcom member, I'd certainly welcome such an applicant...

Best of luck if you decide to take it again.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
First things first, Congrats on your well improved score! Certainly not a bad score. Infact, a very competitive one. In my experience with seeing people take such exams, I truly think that too much importance is given to the scores - Here GMAT. With this score, I think you will be in the 70+ percentile range. Always remember, GMAT is only one of the many parts of a successful application package. If you have good work experience, good recommendations and good GPA along with a competitive GMAT score (like urs!) - that's more than enough. If you already know what universities you are going to apply to, check on what their mean/median GMAT scores are. That will give you a good idea. One other point is worth considering - I am sure with little more work, you can definitely improve your score to around 700. But, if 620 can do the job for you (admit), then there isn't much use having a higher score, unless it serves for your own satisfaction.

My suggestion is - take a couple of days off. just think about everything and decide if you still want to take the exam. If you decide to go for it, just go for it. Don't take too much time. Set a timeline and retake in the next 4 weeks. On Math, just don't loose the grip. On verbal, start from the scratch. Take some 20 questions on CR/RC/SC and see how you do. If there are 5 errors, track them one by one to the root cause and fix it. I mean when you attempt the next set of Q's, make sure you don't repeat any of the same errors you made last time. Do the same everytime. Never let your mistakes unattended. Work on the basics and from the basics. It may sound so simple - Indeed it is simple. If everyone were doing this, all would score above 700! Just think that your path to success in GMAT has 3 steps and you have just crossed 2! With hardwork and focus, you will make it big on the next one.

Good Luck!!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 255 [0]
Send PM
Re: Don't know what to do....620 - Q48/V27 [#permalink]
Antmavel,

congratulations for your 70 points up to 620 however it didnot meet your expection.

you beat QT, but verbal pulled you down. there is room for improvements, which is definietly verbal. i am sure it is worthwhile to retake by focusing on verbal to cross 650 barrier.

Goodluck for another G-day...

Himalaya,
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
thanks to all of you for your posts.

I may take the gmat again because there is a big possibility of improvement in Verbal score.
48 in quant looks nice but when you know that with a Q45V33 you can get 650, there are definitely some possibilities here....my verbal score is low enough to hope that improvement is really possible. We are not talking about reaching 40 or 45 in verbal, 30+ would be great already...so I hope it's possible.

Antoine
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 344 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi Antmavel,

Sorry to hear that my friend. I know this feeling quite well as I scored 650 at my first attempt with a poor verbal and scored 9 months later 660 with the same poor verbal !! French syndrom...

I am not so hands on at gmat club for 4 months as I was focused on my insead and columbia apps.
I know from our past exchanges that you are still young and hard worker : you need just a shot and some more weeks of work to increase your score.
If I am not "in" this time I will take the test again to score 700+ but there are plenty of guys here @ gmatclub including me who were interviewed with a neutral score.
To increase your chance of admission I advice you to take it again and to at least break this 85% percentile threshold which is roughly speaking 650. Then every point above is nice and make you closer to the 80% cohorte of the gmat stat of the class.

PM me if you want us to discuss that ;-)

Take care.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Antmavel:

Congrats !! you were able to improve a good 70 points!!! Congrats
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi Antmaven,

You improved by 70 points!! I think that is a very good effort. I am also not a native english speaker. I was told that the manhattan sc book would improve my sentence correction-if sentence correction is a big weakness. I got the book and now I've improved my verbal score to 40-42 range. You could try it
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2   
Moderator:
Founder
37305 posts