Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 06:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Don't know what went wrong during the test. Need some help.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 570 Q50 V17
GPA: 3.72
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

GMAT ToolKit User
Don't know what went wrong during the test. Need some help. [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2012, 11:42
Test was three days ago and I needed some time to cool off myself before seeking some help.
Would like to provide some background info first before asking some comments/help:

- Length of study: fulltime three month. 40hrs per week.
- Materials used for study: OG13, gmatclub app for OG tracker, MGMAT sc, GMATPILL sc
- Error Log : downloaded here at gmatclub and used to keep track of timing and problematic parts
- Tests :
... PREP1 540(Q42/V23) beginning of my study (didn't finish both sections)
... MGMAT1 590(Q45/V26) 1 month before actual test
... PREP2 660(Q50/V29) 1 week before actual test
... GMAT1 570(Q50/V17)
*** PREP1,2 and MGMAT1 was taken in a library with full length AWA and IR with same amount of breaks as the real test.
I tried to simulate as close it possible because read some discrepancy between prep tests and real test here in gmatclub.
Someone kindly asked me about whether I took the preps in a different condition or not. Thank you for this comment.

I guess most of you guys probably never saw a score like, V17 (13 percentile).
I am very shocked to see this score on the actual test.
This would look very bad even if I improve the score for the next few month, right?

I had a feeling that I did okay until I saw the score. Managed overall time really well.
Although I had a feeling overall question seemed to become pretty naive toward the end of the test.

Most troubling part is I don't have a clear idea what went wrong. Nothing rings a bell.
Can't think any red flag on the test day other than I felt somewhat tired after the quant section.
Maybe "not knowing what went wrong" somehow explains my low verbal score.
Yes, I did attempt all 41 problems.
For all the mock-tests, I could assess valuable information to guide my study.
From the test data, I learned I was constantly getting over 80% right on CR and RC problems and around 55% on SC.
I knew my weakest point was SC and I invested significant amount of time on SC.
It is a little bit unfortunate, I don't get any feedback from the real test which matters most.
Honestly, I'm a little bit afraid right now.

For those who took the actual test, I would like to ask about the timer.
When I was done with verbal section, I had about 45 seconds left and the 45 seconds timer was still ticking while I was answering optional information.
Is this normal thing? I'm not 100% sure but when I finished with quant part, I had more than 3 minutes left but it prompt me almost right away whether I would like to take a break or not. Also, Is it really true that the few questions at the beginning are really more important than the others?
One more thing. Would re-take will help? I mean my V17 score will go nowhere.
Also if I have to re-take, when would be the ideal time?

Thanks for reading my post.

Last edited by toney on 07 Nov 2012, 22:10, edited 1 time in total.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
GPA: 2.3
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 115

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Don't know what went wrong during the test. Need some help. [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2012, 19:47
Any valuable input(s) from the experts will help me too as the score that Toney has got is somewhat close to what I have got.

Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------------
Consider to give me kudos if my post helped you.

Re: Don't know what went wrong during the test. Need some help.   [#permalink] 07 Nov 2012, 19:47