Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 23:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Donate your GMAT Books and Preparation Materials

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.91
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 14 [1] , given: 26

Donate your GMAT Books and Preparation Materials [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2011, 03:19
This post received
KUDOS
Hello Friends, I am Nafis from Bangladesh. I am asking you to donate your used GMAT Books and preparation materials. There are some reasons why I am requesting for donation of these books and materials.

First of all, latest GMAT books are not available in the book stores. Some book stores are selling photocopies of GMAT preparation books which have been published in 2004 or earlier, labeling them as latest edition. They are cheating with the students. Let me clear it with a recent incident. While visiting a book store I found The Official Guide for GMAT Review, (16th Edition ?????). Actually that was The Official Guide for GMAT Review, 10th Edition.

Secondly, there are no true GMAT coaching centers for GMAT preparations in Bangladesh. There are some phonies where the classes are actually taken by GRE appeared ones. Preparations for GRE and GMAT are totally different;both are different tests. So how GRE appeared so called GMAT instructors can give proper guidance? We don't have any other choice to through the books and other preparation materials.

Thirdly the biggest obstacle, we Bangladeshi people don't have any access to paypal or credit cards which will allow us to purchase GMAT books and other preparation materials from internet.

I am also taking preparation for GMAT and my friends are too. Some of them already joined phony GMAT coaching classes and wasted their money. That is why I have made a local GMAT study group where we are not only discussing GMAT problems and solutions but also sharing our collected materials and other resources. If any Bangladeshi GMAT student is reading this post I also invite him to join our local study group.

In Bangladesh I collect old used text books of from one school and distribute them to other school students of rural areas where educational fund by government is not available. These old books will not make them Einstein but it will contribute very little to the development of the society.

If you are interested to donate us some used books you are most welcome. Please answer to this post I will send you my contact details so that you can send me the used books and preparation materials.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 5

Re: Donate your GMAT Books and Preparation Materials [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2011, 07:32
I can donate Kaplan 800 and Cracking the GMAT, both from 2004, if you are interested, have some tests on CD as well.

12/2010 GMATPrep 1 620 (Q34/V41)
01/2011 GMATPrep 2 640 (Q42/V36)
01/2011 GMATPrep 3 700 (Q47/V39)
02/2011 GMATPrep 4 710 (Q48/V39)
02/2011 MGMAT CAT 1 650 (Q46/V32)
02/2011 MGMAT CAT 2 680 (Q46/V36)
02/2011 MGMAT CAT 3 710 (Q45/V41)

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 26

Re: Donate your GMAT Books and Preparation Materials [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2011, 10:56
Mackieman wrote:
I can donate Kaplan 800 and Cracking the GMAT, both from 2004, if you are interested, have some tests on CD as well.

Thank you very much for your interest. Some of my friends have already collected a copy of Cracking the GMAT. So we are going to share that.

It would have been better if you had a recent version of Kaplan 800 but an older version is also valuable for us as well as the CDs with practice tests. I will PM you with my mail address where you can send the book.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Donate your GMAT Books and Preparation Materials [#permalink] New post 15 May 2011, 21:10
Dear,

i am from bangladesh.my experience regarding gmat resources is not good as well.we have all the rundown books in nilkhet here.anyways, am very serious about gmat prep and would be glad if i could join with your team.Hope to hear from you soon.

FYI:My collection includes latest edition of OG, OG verbal review, Kaplan 800, Manhattan SC , Manhattan math , manhattan CR , prep softwares etc.

Rakib

Last edited by RAKIB on 15 May 2011, 21:37, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 26

Re: Donate your GMAT Books and Preparation Materials [#permalink] New post 15 May 2011, 21:37
RAKIB wrote:
Dear,

i am from bangladesh.am suffering from scarcity of gmat resources as well.we have all the rundown books in nilkhet here.anyways, am very serious about gmat prep and would be glad if i could join with your team.Hope to hear from you soon.

FYI:My collection includes latest edition of OG, OG verbal review, Kaplan 800, Manhattan SC , Manhattan math , manhattan CR , prep softwares etc.

Rakib

You are welcome. Recently I joined a job which kept me away materializing this study group. PM me your email address and cell phone number. I will contact you.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 15

Re: Donate your GMAT Books and Preparation Materials [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2011, 15:50
hi,
I badly need some GMAT books, those i can't find in my country to buy, and no sense to by online because the shipment takes more than 2 weeks. :( don't have time to wait. would highly appreciate if somebody can send me PDF book and some CAT test.

Thanks for your help.

Any book from the list would be highly appreciated:

Verbal:
1. Kaplan GMAT Verbal Workbook
2. Kaplan 800
4. The PowerScore Critical Reasoning Bible
5. Official Guide for GMAT Verbal Review, 2nd Edition
6. LSAT Critical Reasoning ??? ..

MATH:
7. Kaplan GMAT Math Workbook
8. Veritas Prep Combinations & Probability
9. MGMAT Number Properties
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 9

Re: Donate your GMAT Books and Preparation Materials [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2011, 03:01
thanks very much for this wonder ful post
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: MBS '15, WBS (S)
GPA: 3.98
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 0

Re: Donate your GMAT Books and Preparation Materials [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2011, 21:19
This post received
KUDOS
RAKIB wrote:
Dear,

i am from bangladesh.my experience regarding gmat resources is not good as well.we have all the rundown books in nilkhet here.anyways, am very serious about gmat prep and would be glad if i could join with your team.Hope to hear from you soon.

Rakib

OMG I've been going through the same problems! None of the book stores have original guides. The only one I found was PR Cracking the GMAT 2010 at Boi Bichitra. Nilkhet gave me 14th ed OG! What the hell!!

On top of that I went to check out a few 'coaching/private' classes and they are utter rubbish with unqualified instructors teaching ( I found the Quant bit particularly traumatizing as they use Bengali jargons throughout!!)

I'd highly appreciate if you could tell me where you got the latest books from.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Schools: Insead Sept '16
GMAT Date: 09-30-2014
GPA: 3.57
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 17

Re: Donate your GMAT Books and Preparation Materials [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2012, 22:40
Hi bondhus, I can donate/barter/whatever the following in April if any of you are still interested:

MGMAT Math Strategy Guides (Number Properties / Fractions, Decimals, & Percents / Equations, Inequalities, & VICs / Word Translations / Geometry)

MGMAT Sentence Correction Strategy Guide

OG Verbal Review

OG Quant Review

You can get the Powerscore CR Bible and most recent OG (it's maroon and the cover makes absolutely no sense but the content is legit) at Nilkhet. My darwan got them for me and he said he didn't have to look that far. I'd also recommend iBooks BD on Facebook; they run a delivery service from Nilkhet.

Life with the GMAT:

Jerome: Ben, c'est 20 secondes de plus qu'hier sur le meme parcours! C'etait bien le meme parcours la, non?!
Gigi: Mais t'enerve pas, Jerome, je crois que t'as accroche une porte.
Jerome: *$&#(*%&(*#%&

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 550 Q47 V20
GPA: 3.74
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 67 [0], given: 50

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Donate your GMAT Books and Preparation Materials [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2012, 20:54
Nafis,
Sorry to hear your situation! I am from Bangladesh currently living in the US. Since I will be taking my second gmat soon I cannot donate my books right now. However, I may be able to arrange something. PM me for more information.

Kudos is the best way to say Thank you.

Re: Donate your GMAT Books and Preparation Materials   [#permalink] 07 Feb 2012, 20:54