Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Aug 2014, 01:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Done! 760 Q50 V44

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Done! 760 Q50 V44 [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2005, 04:10
Finally GMAT is over for me.

I am a bit disappointed for my Quant score but overall very very happy with my score.

I took a couple days off work to relax and got nice nights sleep.
I arrived almost one hour early to the test center. I freshened up, read a couple of Economist articles to warm up and took a walk.

The essays were straightforward, just used my template and moved on with more than ten minutes left in each one. Took five of those minutes to relax after the second essay and went out for a leak.

Quant was easy, I just got a question that made me think at all, a strage sequences question. I tend to make stupid mistakes when I try to go too fast so I took a lot of time to review each question. On practice I used to end the quant section with 20-30 minitues left. This time I only had 5. Anyway, I guess I made some of my stupid mistakes because I got some questions wrong, cannot really think which because all of them were fairly easy.

I took my break, took another leak, had something to drink and eat and got back to work. I was pretty sure I had got every single question right in the quant so I felt very confident for my weak area: verbal.

Verbal started with several long and hard SC. After that an easy CR and a very long RC followed by a shorter RC. RC had been my weakest area in practice, anyway I did not put much interest on it as you do not read with the same intensity on practice than on the real test, I think that observation was right; I would have only wasted time working on RC. I think this time I got almost all correct. Afterwards more long and hard SC and fairly easy CR. I got a short RC and another very long one at Q 35, I really struggled to read the whole thing and I guess I got some wrong answers here. After that more CR and SC, this time the SC were shorter and easier.

Overall, the experience is comparable with powerprep more than with gmatprep. Anyway I found both to be good score estimators (I got around 750 in the four of them.)

Preparation:

I used a Kaplan book, the OG and Ace the gmat (not very good this one although it has some helpful stuff not included in the others.)
For the rest I used this forum and several Qs downloaded from the internet (1000SC from scoretop is a very good compilation). I focused a lot more on Verbal, as I was very confident of my quant skills. I studied and worked on a lot of SCs, some LSAT CRs and a few RC. For quant I relied almost exclusively on this forum as quant is way too easy in most of the books. Anyway, maybe some more quant practice would have prepared me not to make silly errors.

I sutudied for almost three months two hours a day on weekdays and took one CAT on weekends.

I will try to hang around to answer your comments and to work on some quant problems as I really enjoy challenging math.

Good luck to everyone.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2005, 04:48
Excellent score!! Real good!!
I bet you feel relieved now ;)
SVP
SVP
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 97 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2005, 05:13
I know you're very powerful at maths and your Q.score reflected that!! :wink: ..much congratulation to you, friend!!!! You made it~! Enjoy your victory~!!!! :)
Current Student
Schools: Wharton'11 HBS'12
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 156 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2005, 08:27
wow...congrats...
can you take the gmat for me?
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2005, 08:48
Congrats! Excellent Score! But how can you be disappointed with a Q score of 50!? Come on!

fresinha12 wrote:
wow...congrats...
can you take the gmat for me?

So you are the 'spammer' from FL - "Patricia Chen" that would pay $12000 for someone else taking the GMAT :shock:
Now the picture is clear, we have caught him :wink: :lol:
VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2005, 10:12
Wonderful score...I envy you :)
Hope to see you around to help us. Good luck friend!!

Whether you think you can or think you can't. You're right! - Henry Ford (1863 - 1947)

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

gr8 [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2005, 10:18
TAT was amazing,,,,,,,enjoy ur victory and plz help poor guy like me....plz give tips
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

[#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2005, 11:57
CONGRATULATIONS ...Amazing effort buddy

I Blog at:- http://b-schooldijourney.blogspot.com/

Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2005, 13:06
Great job, your great math skills were always evident over in the math forums. Awesome score. :beer

B.
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2005, 04:20
Thank you very much for your support.

Toefl is next, I hope I will not have to take any more CBTs on 2006...

See you around!
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
question [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2005, 12:23
Congrats on the great score!
What kaplan book did you use?
Did you find it more helpful than the OG for math?
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2005, 22:58
jennif102 I used Kaplan 2004.

About your other question, Ithink it depends a lot on your previous math level. Kaplan is good to get the fundamentals and to review almost every concept tested in little time.

About the OG, You can skip most of it as it is way too easy. The hard problems are a good indicator of the real test. I have been trying to find a spreadsheet I found somewhere that orders the og questions by difficulty level but I do not know where I put it...

Kaplan problems are harder but I think they are somewhat different than real problems.

Powerprep and gmatprep are no question the closest to the real thing and the ones I found more helpful.

Princeton 48+ math is also a good resource although some answers are wrong.
  [#permalink] 15 Nov 2005, 22:58