Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 16:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Done with gmat & scored just 610 --> plan to re-take

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Schools: Insead '14, ISB '15
GMAT Date: 08-28-2014
GPA: 3.86
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 9

Done with gmat & scored just 610 --> plan to re-take [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2013, 23:00
Sir,

I just got done with my GMAT which was scheduled on 19th NOV & scored only 610 (Q-47,V-27).

I am a working professional in India & working in Automobile manf. unit . I started my preparation on 18 Aug'13 with first GMAT prep mock test in which i scored 530 with Quant 44 & verbal 20 only.

Thereafter, as verbal my weak part to overcome same, i refer mgmat - SC for foundation & later SC grail . My accuracy in SC improved to 60-70% as in any mock test which i gave after 18th Aug, 10 / 15 SC were correct, similarly for CR i refer MGMAT -CR guide (Didn't find it any fruitful) & Powerscore, While solving OG -13 question my accuracy in CR also improved.

But on test day, I panic bcoz of which i did not even checked basic & results in scoring so less.

I want your guidance on how now i can improve as i plan to re-take GMAT next year in Jan .

Any kind of suggestion which you feel when you prepared for gmat & give +ve result will be helpful.

Regards
ST

G-prep1 540 --> Kaplan 580-->Veritas 640-->MGMAT 590 -->MGMAT 2 640 --> MGMAT 3 640 ---> MGMAT 4 650 -->MGMAT 5 680 -- >GMAT prep 1 570

Give your best shot...rest leave upto Mahadev, he is the extractor of all negativity in the world !!

Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 287

Kudos [?]: 644 [0], given: 6

Re: Done with gmat & scored just 610 --> plan to re-take [#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2013, 10:55
Expert's post
lastshot wrote:
Sir,

I just got done with my GMAT which was scheduled on 19th NOV & scored only 610 (Q-47,V-27).

I am a working professional in India & working in Automobile manf. unit . I started my preparation on 18 Aug'13 with first GMAT prep mock test in which i scored 530 with Quant 44 & verbal 20 only.

Thereafter, as verbal my weak part to overcome same, i refer mgmat - SC for foundation & later SC grail . My accuracy in SC improved to 60-70% as in any mock test which i gave after 18th Aug, 10 / 15 SC were correct, similarly for CR i refer MGMAT -CR guide (Didn't find it any fruitful) & Powerscore, While solving OG -13 question my accuracy in CR also improved.

But on test day, I panic bcoz of which i did not even checked basic & results in scoring so less.

I want your guidance on how now i can improve as i plan to re-take GMAT next year in Jan .

Any kind of suggestion which you feel when you prepared for gmat & give +ve result will be helpful.

Regards
ST

hi ST,

Panicking on an important test is not uncommon - but you need to learn to manage it through psychological tactics. As you study, you should visualize yourself in the actual exam room before you attempt each question. This way, you condition your mind to prepare psychologically for the marathon-like test.

http://www.gmatpill.com/about/studying- ... trategies/

Besides psychological tips, you should also think about what you could be doing differently to avoid the mistakes you are currently doing. Focus on verbal with a special emphasis on how your approach might be different from the most efficient approach. Then test yourself with full-length practice tests. You should not walk into the exam room until you are able to generate success / target scores during your practice.

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Done with gmat & scored just 610 --> plan to re-take [#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2013, 22:59
Hi,

You need to do more hard work for next test and don't be panic and be clam during the exams. Try to take sample classes.

Thanks,
Vijay,
Re: Done with gmat & scored just 610 --> plan to re-take   [#permalink] 24 Nov 2013, 22:59