Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Sep 2015, 19:50
GMAT Club Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Done with GMAT - Sharing my performance vs CATs

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Jan 2014
Posts: 7
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [2] , given: 55

Done with GMAT - Sharing my performance vs CATs [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2014, 08:59
2
This post received
KUDOS
Hey guys
I got done with the GMAT today . I got a 710 (48q,39v) and I feel I could have done much better in the test. But my target score was 700+ so Im happy with the result and wont be taking the GMAT again. I felt like sharing my practice CAT scores to give you an idea of what you can expect on test day based on your tests as it helped me while I was studying for the test.

GMAT PREP 1 - 660 (Q44 V38)
GMAT PREP 1 - 710 (Q48 V39)
GMAT PREP 1 - 720 (Q48 V41)
GMAT PREP 2 - 760 (Q49 V44)
Veritas - 730 (Q49 V41)
Kaplan 1 - 650 (Q48 V34)
Kaplan 2 - 640 (Q48 V31)
Manhattan 1 - 660 (Q44 V36)
Manhattan 2 - 700 (Q46 V40)
Manhattan 3 - 690 (Q45 V38)
GMAT PREP 3 - 690 (Q44 V40)
GMAT PREP 4 - 710 (Q48 V40)

Actual GMAT - 710 (Q48, V39)

Last edited by vicahl on 30 Apr 2014, 23:57, edited 1 time in total.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
User avatar
Joined: 14 Apr 2009
Posts: 1920
Location: New York, NY
Followers: 338

Kudos [?]: 941 [0], given: 8

Re: Done with GMAT - Sharng my performance vs CATs [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2014, 10:20
Expert's post
Congrats on your score! In the end your score matched up exactly with your last GMAT Prep score.

You did what we recommend at GMAT Pill -- retake a test until your score visibly goes up. You did that with GMAT Prep 1 -- you took it 3 times and saw your score go from 660 to 720.

Now what happened to GMAT Prep 3 and 4? Did you buy additional tests? The GMAT Prep software comes with 2 tests.
_________________


... and more


Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)


GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Jan 2014
Posts: 7
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 55

Re: Done with GMAT - Sharng my performance vs CATs [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2014, 10:46
GMATPill wrote:
Congrats on your score! In the end your score matched up exactly with your last GMAT Prep score.

You did what we recommend at GMAT Pill -- retake a test until your score visibly goes up. You did that with GMAT Prep 1 -- you took it 3 times and saw your score go from 660 to 720.

Now what happened to GMAT Prep 3 and 4? Did you buy additional tests? The GMAT Prep software comes with 2 tests.


Yes since I had used up my previous tests I purchased the additional exam pack from Gmatprep
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 13 Oct 2013
Posts: 129
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 122

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Done with GMAT - Sharng my performance vs CATs [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2014, 13:27
congrats on your score. So what was your prep duration ?

vicahl wrote:
Hey guys
I got done with the GMAT today . I got a 710 (48q,39v) and I feel I could have done much better in the test. But my target score was 700+ so Im happy with the result and wont be taking the GMAT again. I felt like sharing my practice CAT scores to give you an idea of what you can expect on test day based on your tests as it helped me while I was studying for the test.

GMAT PREP 1 - 660 (Q44 V38)
GMAT PREP 1 - 710 (Q48 V39)
GMAT PREP 1 - 720 (Q48 V41)
GMAT PREP 2 - 760 (Q49 V44)
Veritas - 730 (Q49 V41)
Kaplan 1 - 650 (Q48 V34)
Kaplan 2 - 640 (Q48 V31)
Manhattan 1 - 660 (Q44 V36)
Manhattan 2 - 700 (Q46 V40)
Manhattan 3 - 690 (Q45 V38)
GMAT PREP 3 - 690 (Q44 V40)
GMAT PREP 4 - 710 (Q48 V40)

Actual GMAT - 710 (Q48, V39)

_________________

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly press +1 Kudos if my post helped you in any way :)

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Jan 2014
Posts: 7
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 55

Re: Done with GMAT - Sharng my performance vs CATs [#permalink] New post 01 May 2014, 23:50
Thanks, I studied for around 4 months. I used the Manhattan books for math concepts and for SC. For CR I used the Powerscore CR Bible. For anyone planning to give the test soon - I would suggest getting the GMATprep question pack and going through those questions. I found those questions to be the most representative of what was on the actual test.
Also if you are giving Manhattan CATs I would suggest not to be too concerned about your quant score. I found the gmat quant on the test to be very different and a bit easier than the manhattan tests
sunita123 wrote:
congrats on your score. So what was your prep duration ?

vicahl wrote:
Hey guys
I got done with the GMAT today . I got a 710 (48q,39v) and I feel I could have done much better in the test. But my target score was 700+ so Im happy with the result and wont be taking the GMAT again. I felt like sharing my practice CAT scores to give you an idea of what you can expect on test day based on your tests as it helped me while I was studying for the test.

GMAT PREP 1 - 660 (Q44 V38)
GMAT PREP 1 - 710 (Q48 V39)
GMAT PREP 1 - 720 (Q48 V41)
GMAT PREP 2 - 760 (Q49 V44)
Veritas - 730 (Q49 V41)
Kaplan 1 - 650 (Q48 V34)
Kaplan 2 - 640 (Q48 V31)
Manhattan 1 - 660 (Q44 V36)
Manhattan 2 - 700 (Q46 V40)
Manhattan 3 - 690 (Q45 V38)
GMAT PREP 3 - 690 (Q44 V40)
GMAT PREP 4 - 710 (Q48 V40)

Actual GMAT - 710 (Q48, V39)
Re: Done with GMAT - Sharng my performance vs CATs   [#permalink] 01 May 2014, 23:50
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Experts publish their posts in the topic My GMAT take on CAT vendors vs. Real GMAT mfprado1073 5 13 Jun 2015, 10:55
1 Experts publish their posts in the topic 650 at my GMAT vs. over 700 in my mock CATs - should I retake? frankunderwood13 5 11 Dec 2014, 09:02
22 Share your thoughts on my GMAT journey heygirl 72 08 Mar 2011, 07:05
Kaplan CAT vs GMAT Prep test_taker 10 07 Feb 2008, 13:10
Disappointed in my GMAT performance vt2000 2 22 Aug 2006, 07:10
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Done with GMAT - Sharing my performance vs CATs

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: m3equals333, TGC



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.