Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 06:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Dreaming High..

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT Date: 04-30-2014
GPA: 3.24
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 106

GMAT ToolKit User
Dreaming High.. [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2013, 02:09
Please suggest me as to how do i go about my MBA...

Profile:

Indian
10 & 12th - 82% 80%
B.Tech- Civil- 7.52/10 (State University)
Work ex.: 1.2 Yrs presently
Awards: Presented a green building design at IIT-B which got the best design award... Many on local platforms
ECCA: Nothing great..If it counts i was a gaming geek throughout..Had my own clan & stuff,won several competitions(Nothing on International Level)

Had job offers from construction field but was very much interested in Marketing Research & Stuff..Applied to a start up by an IIM-A Alumni..convinced them for an internship..Was selected later(Topped their Aptitude test too) & was involved in many market research studies & several projects(No Significant Leadership Roles)..Presently involved in a one year consulting assignment for a Group of Hotels.

Planning to take my GMAT in Dec & pursue an MBA from the top 20 BS's(Dunno What should be the ideal wrk ex for it?)
Looking at my Poor Undergrads & Profile please suggest me what should be the ideal score in GMAT for my target B Schools & also if you could please suggest me on how to improve my profile to be on the safer side.((I'm targeting consulting)

Appreciate the efforts...KUDOS for all

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 43

Kudos [?]: 523 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Dreaming High.. [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2013, 02:04
Expert's post
JusTLucK04 wrote:

Profile:

Indian
10 & 12th - 82% 80%
Awards: Presented a green building design at IIT-B which got the best design award... Many on local platforms
ECCA: Nothing great..If it counts i was a gaming geek throughout..Had my own clan & stuff,won several competitions(Nothing on International Level)

Had job offers from construction field but was very much interested in Marketing Research & Stuff..Applied to a start up by an IIM-A Alumni..convinced them for an internship..Was selected later(Topped their Aptitude test too) & was involved in many market research studies & several projects(No Significant Leadership Roles)..Presently involved in a one year consulting assignment for a Group of Hotels.

Planning to take my GMAT in Dec & pursue an MBA from the top 20 BS's(Dunno What should be the ideal wrk ex for it?)
Looking at my Poor Undergrads & Profile please suggest me what should be the ideal score in GMAT for my target B Schools & also if you could please suggest me on how to improve my profile to be on the safer side.((I'm targeting consulting)

Well, the first thing you need to do it work for two more years :)
And of course ace your GMAT!
That's a good start.
I think you are a bit early to get into the detail about target schools, because you have at least two years work in front of you before you become a viable candidate. So, just make sure you do really really well at work over the next two years, and you'll be off to a good start.

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT Date: 04-30-2014
GPA: 3.24
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 106

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Dreaming High.. [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2013, 05:30
JonAdmissionado wrote:
JusTLucK04 wrote:

Profile:

Indian
10 & 12th - 82% 80%

That's a good start.
I think you are a bit early to get into the detail about target schools, because you have at least two years work in front of you before you become a viable candidate. So, just make sure you do really really well at work over the next two years, and you'll be off to a good start.

Thank You So much Jon for your inputs..
So does this mean that with the right score(730 around) &
the right work ex.(3+)
i can target the top B's (the top 20)...with this profile(Low GPA,Less ECCA)?
What are my chances..
BTW,,I am planning to take some distance courses on market research(SAS etc.)/Language courses..& my CFA in these 2 years..
Hope these will add up in my profile..

Appreciate the efforts...KUDOS for all

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 43

Kudos [?]: 523 [1] , given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Dreaming High.. [#permalink] New post 25 Sep 2013, 01:02
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
JusTLucK04 wrote:
JonAdmissionado wrote:
JusTLucK04 wrote:

Profile:

Indian
10 & 12th - 82% 80%

That's a good start.

Thank You So much Jon for your inputs..
So does this mean that with the right score(730 around) &
the right work ex.(3+)
i can target the top B's (the top 20)...with this profile(Low GPA,Less ECCA)?
What are my chances..
BTW, I am planning to take some distance courses on market research(SAS etc.)/Language courses..& my CFA in these 2 years..
Hope these will add up in my profile..

Well, SORT OF. Okay you don't have good ECs in college, but you better make up for that NOW and for the next two years! And if you do that, it will help a lot.

Also, with a low GPA, not from a fantastic school, things get harder, I won't lie to you. To get into Top 10 from a non IIT, you have to have a FANTASTIC career, like super-fantastic, for a super-fantastic company. And get that "right work experience".

But first things first
1) Ace that GMAT
2) Add one WEEKLY volunteer activity (AT LEAST!)
3) Get involved in any other social/professional group where you can make an impact as a leader.

If you start with these three things, you will be well on your way to preparing yourself.

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!