Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 01:03 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 01:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2060 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Admissionado
Send PM
Re: Duisenberg school of finance [#permalink]
Expert Reply
It's a good question, and I'm not 100% sure. I wasn't able to find any relevant statistics regarding post MS employment (probably because the school doesn't actually release numbers). In general the prestige of RSM is higher, but it doesn't mean that Duisenberg is not fantastic. I'd suggest talking to a few graduates, and to see where they landed.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi Mahmud. first of all congratulations. I am a current student of DSF. DSF has perfect faculty for each of its programmes. However I can not say the same for the management and organization of the school. There is no way to compare it with RSM at least in reputation. The schedules are ridiculous some courses last for only one week or less. You have absolutely no connection with the professors as they are always the "guest". If you have other options, go for them and think DSF as last resort. If you have further questions feel free to contact me.
Admissionado
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thanks Alex!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Mahmud. I am an alumni of DSF. Congratulations on getting an offer to DSF’s Risk Management (RM) program. I hope you accepted the offer. My view is quite different from Alex’s. First, the DSF RM program is extremely well reputed in the Dutch Financial Industry, for being a thorough, practical and intense program. All courses have at least 6 weeks of intense classes & practical assignments/projects. Obviously with an international faculty, you’re unlikely to have all year round access to the faculty, but for the duration of each course, sufficient student hours are made available by the international faculty before they fly back to their host campuses. The school now says that 2 thirds of their graduates get absorbed in the NL finance industry- which is great for international students looking to work in Europe. With DSF, you’ll get good exposure to their corporate partners, and if you are an impressive candidate, the sky really is the limit in terms of internship and employment.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
davidmscfin wrote:
Hi Mahmud. I am an alumni of DSF. Congratulations on getting an offer to DSF’s Risk Management (RM) program. I hope you accepted the offer. My view is quite different from Alex’s. First, the DSF RM program is extremely well reputed in the Dutch Financial Industry, for being a thorough, practical and intense program. All courses have at least 6 weeks of intense classes & practical assignments/projects. Obviously with an international faculty, you’re unlikely to have all year round access to the faculty, but for the duration of each course, sufficient student hours are made available by the international faculty before they fly back to their host campuses. The school now says that 2 thirds of their graduates get absorbed in the NL finance industry- which is great for international students looking to work in Europe. With DSF, you’ll get good exposure to their corporate partners, and if you are an impressive candidate, the sky really is the limit in terms of internship and employment.

Hi David,

Congratulations on your your graduation. Hope you are enjoying your time after a long, tiring year. I am going to present my experiences about your claims. If DSF RM program is extremely well reputed, why most of the international students (much more than 2/3 of the class) had difficulty even in finding an internship. You wrote about student hours, which is the funniest claim of you. I could have never reached any of my faculty if we do not count the lecture breaks. The school says 2/3 of the class secured a position in NL? If there is not any secret students from my class this is totally a lie. For the partners, you will just see their "fancy" presentations on the "meet the partners" event and got directly rejected if you attempt to apply for an internship.--I still do not understand why do that banks make that presentations or company visits, if they are going to reject all of the applications.-- To sum up, as a graduate of RM program, I do not recommend this master's program but the other programs such as Corporate Finance and Banking could be considered for better career prospects.
Moderator:
Admissionado
9216 posts