Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 10:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 8

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2013, 21:07
abou wrote:
I dont know if there is some form of non disclosure clause in the package because I see this is your 2nd time of asking this question and still no one is responding even though some have received it

Looks like people are busy networking with future classmates on other forum :lol:
Current Student
WE: Accounting (Accounting)

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 1

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2013, 04:03
funemployed wrote:
abou wrote:
I dont know if there is some form of non disclosure clause in the package because I see this is your 2nd time of asking this question and still no one is responding even though some have received it

Looks like people are busy networking with future classmates on other forum :lol:

hahahaha...at least you got your question answered. I am still waiting for my package though. After waiting for so long for a decision, I didnt expect to go through another round of waiting agony. It better comes with a scholarship offer :-D
Intern
Intern
Schools: Wharton, UCLA, NYU, Cornell, Michigan, Columbia
WE 1: Nokia Siemens Networks

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2013, 13:04
Does everybody get an interview call on Feb 7th for Round 2 or can you get before that as well? And if you dont get the email by the 7th does it mean a ding?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 17

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2013, 13:24
aerien wrote:
asiddiqi86 wrote:
Does everybody get an interview call on Feb 7th for Round 2 or can you get before that as well? And if you dont get the email by the 7th does it mean a ding?

Read the posts a few pages back and you'll find your answers.

Guys, please take 20 min and read through the thread -- all your basic questions have been asked and answered multiple times before.

Posted from my mobile device Image

Haha....
Expert Post
VP
VP
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 410 [0], given: 244

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2013, 13:38
Expert's post
alcalde wrote:
aerien wrote:
asiddiqi86 wrote:

Guys, please take 20 min and read through the thread -- all your basic questions have been asked and answered multiple times before.

Haha....

Not trying to be mean, just telling it like it is.... I know I and others have all answered this question multiple times over. You don't even have to read that far back to get to the R2 section of the thread -- it's only about 2 weeks worth of posts right now, not all 49 pages!

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 17

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2013, 14:14

Posted from my mobile device Image[/quote]

Haha....[/quote]

Not trying to be mean, just telling it like it is.... I know I and others have all answered this question multiple times over. You don't even have to read that far back to get to the R2 section of the thread -- it's only about 2 weeks worth of posts right now, not all 49 pages![/quote]

True. The funny thing is, I think that those that didn't read all pages, you're probably that guy that wrote another school's name in essays. Take your time and do some research.
Current Student

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2013, 15:27
Fellow admits (EA and RD1), the timelines say that we should have sent in our visa documents by March 8. I guess those documents include proof of funding right? So if you plan on using a loan for the funding, does it mean you should have applied and received a response on the loan before March 8? What is likely to happen if one misses the deadline?
Expert Post
VP
VP
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Followers: 26

Kudos [?]: 320 [0], given: 19

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2013, 17:45
Expert's post
abou wrote:
Fellow admits (EA and RD1), the timelines say that we should have sent in our visa documents by March 8. I guess those documents include proof of funding right? So if you plan on using a loan for the funding, does it mean you should have applied and received a response on the loan before March 8? What is likely to happen if one misses the deadline?
This is a very logistic specific question. I am sure the school will be happy to answer the question for you.

Diversity

Intern
Intern

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2013, 08:42
abou wrote:

For getting your I-20 issued, you need to just check an option on the Duke visa form that says you will use the loan for funding. You dont need to start the loan procedure for that, just need to mention in the form. I got this info from my Fuqua buddy. That said, it would be advisable to start the loan procurement process right away. You can always get your loan approved and then not use it if you happen to go to some other school.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 13

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2013, 10:56
7 days to go for Interview calls R2 applicants ! excited! :)
Current Student

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2013, 14:06
funemployed wrote:
abou wrote:

For getting your I-20 issued, you need to just check an option on the Duke visa form that says you will use the loan for funding. You dont need to start the loan procedure for that, just need to mention in the form. I got this info from my Fuqua buddy. That said, it would be advisable to start the loan procurement process right away. You can always get your loan approved and then not use it if you happen to go to some other school.

Fantastic answer....you are the man/woman! :-D
Intern
Intern

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2013, 00:16
abou wrote:
funemployed wrote:
abou wrote:

hahahaha...at least you got your question answered. I am still waiting for my package though. After waiting for so long for a decision, I didnt expect to go through another round of waiting agony. It better comes with a scholarship offer :-D

Not sure whether we should still hope to see a schol letter in the package if we haven't been contacted yet by the adcom abot the scholarship.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Duke '15 (M)
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 5

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 05:29
I received my admit package and confirmed what I thought - no scholarship. Does Fuqua consider scholarships later in the season for R1 matriculants if there are leftovers, or am I out of luck if I didn't receive one already?
Current Student
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 326 [0], given: 108

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 05:49
SalesGuy4MBA wrote:
A recent Financial Times interview with the Deputy CEO of Deloitte, Brian Derksen, about his MBA experience at Fuqua: http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/2/bbb25d8a ... z2JKULdyX7

Good read
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Schools: HBS '15
GMAT Date: 09-21-2013
GPA: 3.51
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 17:56
Just trying to see for all the scholarship recipients, what is the average amount you guys received? Are you guys funding your MBA with full loans or what?
Director
Director
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2013, 09:20
ritzoo wrote:
7 days to go for Interview calls R2 applicants ! excited! :)

Same here. Good Luck!

Does anyone know what time the email usually arrives? It will be hard to focus on work that morning.

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Current Student
Awesome Level: 10++

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 26

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2013, 12:48
Any idea when we will be contacted for the background checks? Did the EA guys already go through it?
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Duke Fuqua
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2015

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 8

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2013, 13:00
bond007 wrote:
Any idea when we will be contacted for the background checks? Did the EA guys already go through it?

ReVera sent me a form that I had to sign to authorize and initiate the process. This was after I submitted my deposit (I think).
Current Student
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 326 [0], given: 108

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2013, 13:16
jontron wrote:
bond007 wrote:

ReVera sent me a form that I had to sign to authorize and initiate the process. This was after I submitted my deposit (I think).

Hmmm, I already paid my deposit for cornell, and they also use ReVera, I'm expecting them to kick off my check anytime. I wonder if I end up off the waitlist, and decide to go to fuqua, I'd have to go through the process a second time... That could get annoying for the parties involved. ahhwell, that would be a nice problem to have...
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Duke Fuqua
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2015

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 8

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2013, 13:57
highwyre237 wrote:
jontron wrote:
bond007 wrote:

Hmmm, I already paid my deposit for cornell, and they also use ReVera, I'm expecting them to kick off my check anytime. I wonder if I end up off the waitlist, and decide to go to fuqua, I'd have to go through the process a second time... That could get annoying for the parties involved. ahhwell, that would be a nice problem to have...

I think programs can choose from the variety of different checks that ReVera provides. Fuqua's was the $75 dollar one. I know that my recommenders and HR of companies were contacted. Not too sure about what else.
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 01 Feb 2013, 13:57