Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 13:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 09 Jan 2013
Posts: 13
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 690 Q V0
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2013, 08:51
MBAcm2013 wrote:
I am one of the applicants who was admitted to the Weekend 4 Women, interviewed that weekend, and therefore have no idea how well my R2 application has been received by the adcom, since an interview invite is not necessary. how nerve-wracking - anyone else in the same boat? I would love to know the acceptance rate for individuals who were invited to the minority weekends.


Hey MBAcm2013,

I also went to the Weekend for Women event and interviewed there. Submitted in Round 1 and found out my decision the day it was supposed to be announced for R1 applicants. Got accepted!

Good luck!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 11 Jan 2013
Posts: 55
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.77
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 32

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2013, 08:58
gluck wrote:
MBAcm2013 wrote:
I am one of the applicants who was admitted to the Weekend 4 Women, interviewed that weekend, and therefore have no idea how well my R2 application has been received by the adcom, since an interview invite is not necessary. how nerve-wracking - anyone else in the same boat? I would love to know the acceptance rate for individuals who were invited to the minority weekends.


Hey MBAcm2013,

I also went to the Weekend for Women event and interviewed there. Submitted in Round 1 and found out my decision the day it was supposed to be announced for R1 applicants. Got accepted!

Good luck!


Congratulations and thanks for letting me know! The wait is killing me but this has me hopeful for some good news!
Expert Post
VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 1120
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Followers: 29

Kudos [?]: 329 [0], given: 19

Premium Member
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2013, 14:13
Expert's post
Fuqua's advice to Chinese students. I think it's also relevant for applicants in general.

http://blogs.fuqua.duke.edu/duke-mba/gu ... ss-school/
_________________

Diversity

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 07 Feb 2013
Posts: 64
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 31

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2013, 06:06
Enjoyed my visit, class and interview, it was nice spending time with first years and prospectives. Ready to play the waiting game.


Agree with others sentiments that the 2nd years lose a little bit by having to fill out their official note form and thus it often can dominate the overall interview. Despite this, their ability to select from about 30 questions or so is useful to keep the process 'uniform' and make sure that interviewer skill is limited in the process. The interview itself is very much like other places, straightforward and looking for fit.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 03 Jun 2010
Posts: 235
Schools: Ross '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
GPA: 3.3
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 58 [0], given: 37

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2013, 07:50
Had my interview yesterday. Wasn't asked anything crazy but I totally screwed up one question. She asked for 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses and I came up with 3 strengths and 2 weaknesses and then I totally blanked and she said we could just move on. Not good.

I mean, 85%+ of the interview went pretty well I feel but there are a few things I wish I would have said differently... Now the wait.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 04 Feb 2013
Posts: 44
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2013, 08:14
Redtailedhawk wrote:
Enjoyed my visit, class and interview, it was nice spending time with first years and prospectives. Ready to play the waiting game.


Agree with others sentiments that the 2nd years lose a little bit by having to fill out their official note form and thus it often can dominate the overall interview. Despite this, their ability to select from about 30 questions or so is useful to keep the process 'uniform' and make sure that interviewer skill is limited in the process. The interview itself is very much like other places, straightforward and looking for fit.


My interviewer didn't write down anything or have a list of questions with him. I think it depends on who you get.
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 758
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 137 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2013, 08:26
EChopeful12 wrote:
Had my interview yesterday. Wasn't asked anything crazy but I totally screwed up one question. She asked for 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses and I came up with 3 strengths and 2 weaknesses and then I totally blanked and she said we could just move on. Not good.

I mean, 85%+ of the interview went pretty well I feel but there are a few things I wish I would have said differently... Now the wait.


They are not going to ding you because of 1/6th of an answer. I screwed up on "Biggest Achievement Question" also. (talked about how I went from really low GPA to graduating with high honors). Now, I think I should have talked about my professional achievement. I think all they care about is the overall fit with Duke and ask all these questions to see if you can display a link with Fuqua.
_________________

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 03 Jun 2010
Posts: 235
Schools: Ross '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
GPA: 3.3
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 58 [0], given: 37

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2013, 08:31
hailmary620 wrote:
EChopeful12 wrote:
Had my interview yesterday. Wasn't asked anything crazy but I totally screwed up one question. She asked for 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses and I came up with 3 strengths and 2 weaknesses and then I totally blanked and she said we could just move on. Not good.

I mean, 85%+ of the interview went pretty well I feel but there are a few things I wish I would have said differently... Now the wait.


They are not going to ding you because of 1/6th of an answer. I screwed up on "Biggest Achievement Question" also. (talked about how I went from really low GPA to graduating with high honors). Now, I think I should have talked about my professional achievement. I think all they care about is the overall fit with Duke and ask all these questions to see if you can display a link with Fuqua.


True. I hate these interviews. I always have great answers lined up and then my nerves kick in and I end up saying a few stupid things. At least the interviewer laughed at some of my jokes/comments haha
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Jul 2011
Posts: 29
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.92
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 10

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2013, 11:19
Redtailedhawk wrote:
Enjoyed my visit, class and interview, it was nice spending time with first years and prospectives. Ready to play the waiting game.


Agree with others sentiments that the 2nd years lose a little bit by having to fill out their official note form and thus it often can dominate the overall interview. Despite this, their ability to select from about 30 questions or so is useful to keep the process 'uniform' and make sure that interviewer skill is limited in the process. The interview itself is very much like other places, straightforward and looking for fit.


Can you guys please post the specific questions you were asked? Would really help us out!
Thanks!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 07 Feb 2013
Posts: 64
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 31

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2013, 11:38
there is an extensive prep list on page 56
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Matriculating at Stern as a Consortium Fellow !
Joined: 28 Jun 2012
Posts: 119
Location: United States (NY)
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 46

Reviews Badge
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2013, 16:54
Also a bunch of questions on clear admit

Posted from my mobile device Image
_________________

The only way to atone for being occasionally a little over-dressed is by being always absolutely over-educated.
Oscar Wilde

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 14 Jun 2010
Posts: 83
Location: United States (NY)
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Duke '15 (M)
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 5

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2013, 18:47
Are there any current students pursuing a career in finance on here? If so would you mind messaging me? Have a couple of quick questions.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 07 Feb 2013
Posts: 64
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 31

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2013, 06:07
SalesGuy4MBA wrote:
Good Businessweek interview with Fuqua Dean Bill Boulding on Fuqua's Future (published yesterday, 2/19):
http://www.businessweek.com/articles/20 ... uas-future

thanks
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 17 Jan 2010
Posts: 185
Awesome Level: 10++
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 26

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2013, 06:43
For those of you who are R1 admits and already paid RE VERA Services last week, have any of your recommenders been contacted yet?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 14 Jun 2010
Posts: 83
Location: United States (NY)
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Duke '15 (M)
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 5

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2013, 07:16
Mine haven't been contacted, but I didn't pay until Thursday and receive confirmation of receipt until Friday, so it's only been a couple of business days.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 09 Jan 2013
Posts: 13
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 690 Q V0
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2013, 07:41
ctgmat123 wrote:
Are there any current students pursuing a career in finance on here? If so would you mind messaging me? Have a couple of quick questions.


Hey ctgmat123,

Did you get any responses? I am also looking into finance and wanted to know ppl's responses. Feedback from anyone?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 25 Jun 2009
Posts: 297
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 4

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2013, 12:06
For those who were admitted in the ED Round, have people received any notification on their background check? I submitted my payment back in December, and I know ReVera was working on it around that time since they contacted me for some information. However, since then, I've heard nothing from them.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 20 Sep 2011
Posts: 22
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2013, 14:08
bond007 wrote:
For those of you who are R1 admits and already paid RE VERA Services last week, have any of your recommenders been contacted yet?


One of my recommenders was contacted today so it looks like they are going through the list.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 758
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 137 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2013, 15:18
canada07 wrote:
bond007 wrote:
For those of you who are R1 admits and already paid RE VERA Services last week, have any of your recommenders been contacted yet?


One of my recommenders was contacted today so it looks like they are going through the list.

Posted from my mobile device Image


Just wondering what do they ask those recommenders?
_________________

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 31 Jan 2012
Posts: 89
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2013, 23:23
Hi,

Is Fuqua hard to apply in R3? (Last Round). Who would apply in R3? Share some of your insights plz.

Thanks
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 20 Feb 2013, 23:23
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
356 Experts publish their posts in the topic Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants asimov 1831 12 Jun 2012, 06:34
64 Experts publish their posts in the topic Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants aerien 612 01 Jan 2013, 11:46
205 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All Duke (Fuqua) 2011 Applicants ThomasD 2695 18 May 2010, 07:33
80 Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Fall 2009 applicants! isa 989 10 Jul 2008, 19:05
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  63   64   65   66   67   68   69  ...  92    Next  [ 1832 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.