Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 02:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
Followers: 72

Kudos [?]: 443 [1] , given: 452

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2013, 06:12
This post received
KUDOS
@asimov: nice picture :)

Congratulations to all the admits. Fuqua is a great school !!

My Debrief | MBA Timeline - New! Stay on top of deadlines, receive recommendations for each stage, get reminders.

Current Student
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT Date: 09-14-2012
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 1

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2013, 08:10
ygyh wrote:
RoyHalladay wrote:
Anyone else with no decision yet? No call, email or online status update?

I think that means you are in. They want to surprise you by calling you first, but they just haven't reached you yet. If you are Ding/waitlist, you should get an email notification already.

Anyone still waiting?
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 326 [0], given: 108

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2013, 09:16
RoyHalladay wrote:
ygyh wrote:
RoyHalladay wrote:
Anyone else with no decision yet? No call, email or online status update?

I think that means you are in. They want to surprise you by calling you first, but they just haven't reached you yet. If you are Ding/waitlist, you should get an email notification already.

Anyone still waiting?

Me maybe? Not 100% sure if all WL updates were finished. Will find out tomorrow
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE: Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 192 [0], given: 628

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2013, 11:04
highwyre237 wrote:
RoyHalladay wrote:
ygyh wrote:

Anyone still waiting?

Me maybe? Not 100% sure if all WL updates were finished. Will find out tomorrow

I hope that theory is true. Would love to see highwyre get some love!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 4
WE: Corporate Finance (Consumer Products)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2013, 11:06
For the interview invitation status, I was "Not Invited"

I, of course, expect to open my decision on Friday and see "Thanks, but no thanks...".

However, I get a "We've decided we need to interview to further evaluate you... can we put you on the waitlist and interview you next round?"

I'm not sure what to make of it... It surprises me that I didn't get invited before, but am now... could it be because of transcript delays?

Its funny, because even with applying in an early round, this process can still leave you unsure of what you will be doing in 4 months...
VP
VP
Followers: 72

Kudos [?]: 443 [0], given: 452

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2013, 12:02
engebrem wrote:

I, of course, expect to open my decision on Friday and see "Thanks, but no thanks...".

However, I get a "We've decided we need to interview to further evaluate you... can we put you on the waitlist and interview you next round?"

I'm not sure what to make of it... It surprises me that I didn't get invited before, but am now... could it be because of transcript delays?

Its funny, because even with applying in an early round, this process can still leave you unsure of what you will be doing in 4 months...

I hear you, but this is definitely encouraging if you prefer Fuqua over your current admits.

It might be because of the transcript delay or any other factor. I don't see the point in speculating. It is a pretty solid opportunity now that you know they are interested in admitting you..

Good luck!

My Debrief | MBA Timeline - New! Stay on top of deadlines, receive recommendations for each stage, get reminders.

Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 3

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2013, 23:27
engebrem wrote:

engebrem, FYI I sent in my application in R1 but because of the transcripts delay my application was reviewed in R2, and I got in. Throughout the process I was confident that I have a big chance of being admitted. I view your case as very positive. I think Fuqua must view your application as a very positive one so that they extend you the interview invite. Good luck!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.92

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 10

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2013, 07:56
This post received
KUDOS
So who is going to BDW on April 19th?? So excited!
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.38
WE: General Management (Transportation)

Kudos [?]: 26 [1] , given: 14

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2013, 08:02
This post received
KUDOS
ghosht wrote:
So who is going to BDW on April 19th?? So excited!

I booked the hotel, but am still working on flights from China. I am absolutely stoked.
3 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.77

Kudos [?]: 22 [3] , given: 32

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2013, 08:08
This post received
KUDOS
I got the admit on Friday and it took me less than 12 hours to decide that I am definitely matriculating! I haven't even heard back from Kellogg yet, and am still on the Columbia waitlist, but Fuqua has always been my #1! I think even if I got off the very prestigious Columbia w/l I still wouldn't think twice about matriculating to Duke. After spending 3 days down in Durham for Women's Weekend I know how awesome the people are and love the beautiful environment of NC. Also, the faculty are some amazing people. I cannot wait for August, and can't believe how lucky I am, it's an incredible feeling and I can't believe I'm actually here. To all of those still waiting - keep a positive attitude and relax. You will end up wherever you're supposed to be!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 10

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2013, 08:12
This post received
KUDOS
MBAcm2013 wrote:
I got the admit on Friday and it took me less than 12 hours to decide that I am definitely matriculating! I haven't even heard back from Kellogg yet, and am still on the Columbia waitlist, but Fuqua has always been my #1! I think even if I got off the very prestigious Columbia w/l I still wouldn't think twice about matriculating to Duke. After spending 3 days down in Durham for Women's Weekend I know how awesome the people are and love the beautiful environment of NC. Also, the faculty are some amazing people. I cannot wait for August, and can't believe how lucky I am, it's an incredible feeling and I can't believe I'm actually here. To all of those still waiting - keep a positive attitude and relax. You will end up wherever you're supposed to be!

I LOVE that you will be my classmate <3 :-)
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 10

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2013, 08:16
https://www.facebook.com/groups/dukemba2015/

did everyone join this group?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.77

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 32

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2013, 08:22
ghosht wrote:
MBAcm2013 wrote:

I LOVE that you will be my classmate <3 :-)

So excited to meet you too!!!!
Current Student

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2013, 10:03
For all of you still waiting, or dinged, atleast we can take a course with one of the best professors at Duke.

Dan Ariely's Coursera class "A Beginner's Guide to Irrational Behavior" will be kicking off next week. I'll be there, anyone else taking it?
Director
Director
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2013, 10:09
highwyre237 wrote:
For all of you still waiting, or dinged, atleast we can take a course with one of the best professors at Duke.

Dan Ariely's Coursa class "A Beginner's Guide to Irrational Behavior" will be kicking off next week. I'll be there, anyone else taking it?

Is it on campus or online?

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Current Student

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2013, 10:10
highwyre237 wrote:

Dan Ariely's Coursa class "A Beginner's Guide to Irrational Behavior" will be kicking off next week. I'll be there, anyone else taking it?

Not taking it, but I recently read the book. I would recommend if you're into behavioral econ type stuff.
Current Student

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2013, 10:11
hailmary620 wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:

Is it on campus or online?

online at coursera.org
Current Student

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2013, 10:14
RoyHalladay wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:

Dan Ariely's Coursera class "A Beginner's Guide to Irrational Behavior" will be kicking off next week. I'll be there, anyone else taking it?

Not taking it, but I recently read the book. I would recommend if you're into behavioral econ type stuff.

Yeah, I read one of his books early in the app process, and I've seen a few recordings of speaking engagements. He's one of the reasons Duke is so far up my list.
Current Student

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2013, 10:18
highwyre237 wrote:
RoyHalladay wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:

Yeah, I read one of his books early in the app process, and I've seen a few recordings of speaking engagements. He's one of the reasons Duke is so far up my list.

I've never heard him speak, but now you've piqued my interest. I'm taking foundations of business strategy with a Darden prof and so far I like it.
Director
Director
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2013, 10:19
highwyre237 wrote:
RoyHalladay wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:

nice. Would they take us off of WL if we get an "A" in this course? haha.

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 18 Mar 2013, 10:19