Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 09:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: Q V
WE: Engineering (Health Care)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 27

GMAT Tests User
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2012, 12:07
naiksarah wrote:
Quote:
I guess it's the end of Fuqua for me. Good luck to you Bbharuka!

Last year, I think applicants who were not interviewed in the EA round or those were interviewed and not accepted in EA, were waitlisted.
I think final decisions for this year's EA round will be available on Oct 30.
One should not lose hope unless someone has outrightly been rejected today.
Best of luck!

I do hope that's so. But you're right in saying that we shouldn't lose hope. After all, we've only just begun this marathon :)

My MBA application journey, one step at a time https://spoonfulofmba.wordpress.com

Expert Post
VP
VP
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Followers: 28

Kudos [?]: 322 [0], given: 19

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2012, 15:33
Expert's post
Congrats to those who got invited to an interview! When you get over your excitement, please take the chance to update your status.

For those who didn't get an invite. It's not over. I've been on the board for the past 4 application seasons, and there are definitely people who do not get invited but end up matriculating at Fuqua. I think the chances are good it will happen this year, since application volume seems to be on a downward trajectory, and schools need to fill out the class.

Diversity

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 19

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2012, 00:37
Congrats to all those who received interviews and all the best to those who are still waiting. As asmiov pointed out no need to lose heart at this stage. Use the time to make your case stronger. All the best.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2012, 08:50
Invited for interview!! :)
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: Q V
WE: Marketing (Telecommunications)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 11

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2012, 11:10
Invited! *phew* Hoping to setup an off campus interview shortly.

Good luck to all the other EA applicants!

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2012, 11:13
Congratulations to all those of you who received an interview invite from Fuqua. Good luck to those waiting!
Compared to the previous years, this time I have not seen many people updating this forumn on interview invites. Does this mean very few people applied in the EA round resulting in an overall drop or something else ?
Intern
Intern

GMAT Tests User
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2012, 11:17
Hey, did anyone receive the off-campus interview scheduling mail as yet? The one that they mentioned all "invited" applicants would receive by 5 PM EDT on 10th Oct??
Current Student
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 12

Reviews Badge
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2012, 11:19
watchg41 wrote:
Hey, did anyone receive the off-campus interview scheduling mail as yet? The one that they mentioned all "invited" applicants would receive by 5 PM EDT on 10th Oct??

I have been waiting for so long now.......not received any mail yet. did you?
Intern
Intern

GMAT Tests User
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2012, 11:29
bbharuka wrote:
watchg41 wrote:

Nope buddy! Same here, been waiting. I think I'll crash now, may be the daylight will bring some good news :D Anyways, do post here and lemme know if anything comes around. Technically, we still have a couple of hours for 5 PM EDT ;)
Current Student

Reviews Badge
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2012, 12:09
watchg41 wrote:
bbharuka wrote:
watchg41 wrote:

Nope buddy! Same here, been waiting. I think I'll crash now, may be the daylight will bring some good news :D Anyways, do post here and lemme know if anything comes around. Technically, we still have a couple of hours for 5 PM EDT ;)

Okay....just received an email......saying that one of the alums will contact me with more details within a week about the interview. I really doubt that all the interviews will be done by 16th Oct.
Current Student

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2012, 12:44
I just received a Skype invite recently. Told to coordinate directly with interviewer and complete by the 16th.

Was told to send over a copy of my résumé and that would be the only info my interviewer will have seen.

watchg41 wrote:

Current Student

Reviews Badge
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2012, 12:57
canadianchamp wrote:
I just received a Skype invite recently. Told to coordinate directly with interviewer and complete by the 16th.

Was told to send over a copy of my résumé and that would be the only info my interviewer will have seen.

watchg41 wrote:

Yeah..... same here

Out of curiosity, do we have to send the same resume that we submitted in the Duke app, or can we update (i mean add all those extracurriculars)
Intern
Intern

GMAT Tests User
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2012, 09:17
Hey, just got in touch with my interviewer. Sunday evening it is!
As for the CV, my opinion is 'avoid anything different'. I don't think extra-currics will make a difference so you can still go ahead an add it but I feel it's best to stick to what we uploaded since it's hardly been a while since Sept 19 and I doubt they will be expecting too many updates.
Current Student

Reviews Badge
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2012, 09:51
watchg41 wrote:
As for the CV, my opinion is 'avoid anything different'. I don't think extra-currics will make a difference so you can still go ahead an add it but I feel it's best to stick to what we uploaded since it's hardly been a while since Sept 19 and I doubt they will be expecting too many updates.

Yeah....that makes sense. Do you have a interview with an alum or over skype with a student?
Intern
Intern

GMAT Tests User
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2012, 10:05
zpotm wrote:
watchg41 wrote:

Yeah....that makes sense. Do you have a interview with an alum or over skype with a student?

Over skype with a student. You? All the best dude!!
Current Student

Reviews Badge
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2012, 10:17
watchg41 wrote:
zpotm wrote:
watchg41 wrote:

Over skype with a student. You? All the best dude!!

Yeah...me too. I was expecting to get interviewed by an alum in person. I'm not too confident of the skype medium.
Best of luck to you too :)
Current Student

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2012, 13:35
This may go without saying, but I'd assume its safe to say Skype will be video interviews?

I'm actually a bit more comfortable with the 2nd year fellow interviewer because on-campus interviews are also with 2nd years. Means one less changing variable in the process.

Current Student
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE: Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 192 [0], given: 628

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2012, 16:19
canadianchamp wrote:
This may go without saying, but I'd assume its safe to say Skype will be video interviews?

I'm actually a bit more comfortable with the 2nd year fellow interviewer because on-campus interviews are also with 2nd years. Means one less changing variable in the process.

Yup. Pants are optional, though. :lol:
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2012, 16:06
I am getting the below error while trying to upload the resume. Is anyone else facing the same issue?

The Fuqua scheduling system has moved. Please select the site you are trying to access.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 20

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2012, 08:56
Prudence wrote:
naiksarah wrote:
Quote:
I guess it's the end of Fuqua for me. Good luck to you Bbharuka!

Last year, I think applicants who were not interviewed in the EA round or those were interviewed and not accepted in EA, were waitlisted.
I think final decisions for this year's EA round will be available on Oct 30.
One should not lose hope unless someone has outrightly been rejected today.
Best of luck!

I do hope that's so. But you're right in saying that we shouldn't lose hope. After all, we've only just begun this marathon :)

best of luck to you Prudence!

by the way guys, how do you check application status? Is it through the application portal? mine just says completed

also, I submitted for EA and interviewed in Sep 10th via open interview.
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 14 Oct 2012, 08:56