Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 08:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 13 [1] , given: 20

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2012, 20:13
This post received
KUDOS
vkmt wrote:
Hi,

I got wait-listed without interview. Does Fuqua ask you for any essays while wait-listed or do they give you any opportunity to actively influence your wait-list status?

Brief profile:
International student - Indian
GMAT - 740
Undergrad - Engineering.Different system of gradation but translates to around 3.33
W.E. - 4 years in Technology (programmer) and Consulting (tech)

read the FAQ provided by the adcom. Fuqua welcomes additional information so by all means try to get additional letter of recs/essays to bolster your chances :-D
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 05:22
Congrats to all recent admits! Have any of the admits received a call from their Fuqua buddies yet?
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 27

GMAT Tests User
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 06:33
Curious quick fact checking:

When someone gets decision notification from Fuqua, there are two possibilities, right? - "Invited to interview" or "Not Invited to interview".

Are you guys calling "Not invited to interview" as "Waitlisted"?
Expert Post
VP
VP
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 410 [0], given: 244

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 07:45
Expert's post
chethanjs wrote:
Curious quick fact checking:

When someone gets decision notification from Fuqua, there are two possibilities, right? - "Invited to interview" or "Not Invited to interview".

Are you guys calling "Not invited to interview" as "Waitlisted"?

No, the past few posts refer to the decision notification process once you are on the waitlist.

If you're waiting for an invite, then on the invite day your status will be updated to invited or not invited.

See my previous post for more detailed info:
duke-fuqua-2013-calling-all-applicants-134412-340.html#p1135273

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Last edited by aerien on 29 Dec 2012, 15:04, edited 3 times in total.
Link updated
Intern
Intern

GMAT Tests User
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 07:53
Thanks Aerien.

However,

1) The link you pasted here just leads me to a page. Not sure which "detailed info" you are referring to.
2) It's still not clear about the waitlist status. What does your decision status say on the day of decision notification when you are waitlisted without interview?
AFAIK, I know there are only 2 types of notification status- Invited and Not Invited. AFAIK, Fuqua does not use explicit words like "Waitlisted".

My question was, how would I know if I were "waitlisted without interview"?
VP
VP
Followers: 69

Kudos [?]: 435 [0], given: 448

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 09:45
chethanjs wrote:
Thanks Aerien.

However,

1) The link you pasted here just leads me to a page. Not sure which "detailed info" you are referring to.
2) It's still not clear about the waitlist status. What does your decision status say on the day of decision notification when you are waitlisted without interview?
AFAIK, I know there are only 2 types of notification status- Invited and Not Invited. AFAIK, Fuqua does not use explicit words like "Waitlisted".

My question was, how would I know if I were "waitlisted without interview"?

on interview notification date, you will only get to know whether you are invited for an interview or not.
on decision notification date you will get to know whether you are admitted, dinged or waitlisted. you can be waitlisted or dinged either with or without an interview, but you can be admitted only with an interview.

Clears the doubts?

My Debrief | MBA Timeline - New! Stay on top of deadlines, receive recommendations for each stage, get reminders.

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 410 [1] , given: 244

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 09:48
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Link updated in the previous post -- permalinks direct you to where the post is on a page in the thread; they do not link you to a new page with the one specific post on it.

I hope jumsumtak answered your question concisely enough :)

Posted from my mobile device Image

aerien

Intern
Intern

GMAT Tests User
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 10:01
Got it.

Thanks jumsumtak and aerien.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
Schools: Carlson '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 16:10
bond007 wrote:
dammit I almost had a heart attack. just got this email

Subject:Your Application to The Duke MBA

October 26, 2012

Dear xxxxx:

Thank you for submitting an application to The Duke MBA at Duke University's Fuqua School of Business. This e-mail serves as a confirmation that your application is ready to proceed to the evaluation stage. Should any further information be required, you will be contacted by an Admissions staff member.

Hey,

I too just received this email. I have a query. Was there an attachment to this email?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 20

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 16:12
punters11 wrote:
bond007 wrote:
dammit I almost had a heart attack. just got this email

Subject:Your Application to The Duke MBA

October 26, 2012

Dear xxxxx:

Thank you for submitting an application to The Duke MBA at Duke University's Fuqua School of Business. This e-mail serves as a confirmation that your application is ready to proceed to the evaluation stage. Should any further information be required, you will be contacted by an Admissions staff member.

Hey,

I too just received this email. I have a query. Was there an attachment to this email?

Hi Punter, i applied EA and received this email. I did not see an attachment. hope that helps~! :P
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.81
WE: Medicine and Health (Health Care)

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 12

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 16:29
punters11 wrote:
Hey,

I received it on the 26th; no attachment for me. Maybe your email program is including the banner as an attachment??
Expert Post
VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 410 [0], given: 244

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 18:02
Expert's post
krudget wrote:
punters11 wrote:
Hey,

I received it on the 26th; no attachment for me. Maybe your email program is including the banner as an attachment??

My email puts graphics as attachments; that's probably what's happening to you too, punters. There's definitely not an attachment to that email. Good catch, krudget!

aerien

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
Schools: Carlson '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2012, 05:42
aerien wrote:
krudget wrote:
punters11 wrote:
Hey,

My email puts graphics as attachments; that's probably what's happening to you too, punters. There's definitely not an attachment to that email. Good catch, krudget!

Hey,

Thank you for your inputs...the wait begins for Nov 28...

Has anyone got in in touch with current Fuqua students? Any pointers/suggestions??
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2014
Followers: 27

Kudos [?]: 156 [0], given: 4

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2012, 21:41
Big congrats to all those who were accepted last week! Hope to see y'all at BDW in February!

I am also so sorry to see so many familiar names get waitlisted or rejected. I wish you all the best, and I hope that you ultimately get into your #1 or #2 school.

Application Profile: http://gmatclub.com/forum/2012-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-116595-20.html#p1009999

Application Story - The Third Quadrant Applicant: http://gmatclub.com/forum/the-third-quadrant-applicant-125929.html#p1027642

2 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2014
Followers: 27

Kudos [?]: 156 [2] , given: 4

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2012, 21:43
This post received
KUDOS
canadianchamp wrote:
kingfalcon wrote:
Would people who got in mind sharing their profiles?

27M re-applicant from Canada
730 (Q48, V42) GMAT
3.0 engineering GPA that made applications very difficult
4.5 experience in marketing (5.5 at matriculation)

Want to say congrats to all the admits!

And wanted to say good luck to everyone who didn't get the news they wanted today. Last year, when I got WL'ed in R2 and subsequently dinged things seemed pretty grim. I took a lot of inspiration from threestripes epic thread to help me through the journey. I hope good news is on the way soon!

Thanks for the shout out! Hope to see you at BDW in February.

Application Profile: http://gmatclub.com/forum/2012-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-116595-20.html#p1009999

Application Story - The Third Quadrant Applicant: http://gmatclub.com/forum/the-third-quadrant-applicant-125929.html#p1027642

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2012, 19:06
Hey all,
First, big congrats to admits!! It's always nice to hear good news~~
I applied to R1 already. And just want to learn your advice if anything I can to during the waiting period.
I learned that someone would keep update resume to the school. I recently got a new job which fitted to my career goal, but I only started my work for 2 months. Should I put it in the resume?
Thank you for all your help in advance!!
Expert Post
VP
VP
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Followers: 26

Kudos [?]: 320 [0], given: 19

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 05:00
Expert's post
marystars wrote:
Hey all,
First, big congrats to admits!! It's always nice to hear good news~~
I applied to R1 already. And just want to learn your advice if anything I can to during the waiting period.
I learned that someone would keep update resume to the school. I recently got a new job which fitted to my career goal, but I only started my work for 2 months. Should I put it in the resume?
Thank you for all your help in advance!!

Hi marystars, good luck on your application. I know it's always difficult to seat back and wait. You have to have faith in your application. I would not recommend contacting AdCom during this period. From a logistics stand point, the AdCom does not have that much bandwidth to field all the updates. I would only update AdCom with significant changes (a promotion, classes that address your academic weakness) if you were waitlisted. Your job situation would be a good update, but I would wait until you have some more experience (maybe after R2 decision in the Spring) under your belt to update them (if waitlisted).

Diversity

Current Student
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT Date: 09-14-2012

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 1

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 08:08
Is there a quota for HSM?
Current Student
Awesome Level: 10++

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 26

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 10:27
guys, I did an official visit to Fuqua last year however decided not to apply to mba programs until this year. I applied in R1 and was wondering whether I should schedule another visit? would it be wise to set up a meeting with someone from the adcomm so they can put a face to an app or should I be ok with just my previous visit?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2012, 12:41
Hi, does anyone know when will invitations start going out?
The website says that by November 28th. Does that mean that all invitations will be sent on that day only? :?: :?:
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 08 Nov 2012, 12:41