Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Sep 2014, 06:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Nov 2010
Posts: 48
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 27

GMAT Tests User
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2012, 07:47
(Boom. There goes....)

Thanks for answering my qs. Will keep you folks posted.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Posts: 11
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2012, 08:51
You guys think that decisions will be delayed due to the storm?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Applying for MBA
Joined: 16 Dec 2011
Posts: 74
Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 20

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2012, 09:32
if anybody get phone calls today saying they got admitted, please share with us! =P

however, i would not freak out about it (i try), and just wait for final decision announcement tomorrow.

and i hope sandy is not delaying our long awaited verdict.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Posts: 11
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2012, 09:45
bodu wrote:
if anybody get phone calls today saying they got admitted, please share with us! =P

however, i would not freak out about it (i try), and just wait for final decision announcement tomorrow.

and i hope sandy is not delaying our long awaited verdict.


They make calls a day before the official notification date?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Applying for MBA
Joined: 16 Dec 2011
Posts: 74
Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 20

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2012, 09:55
DLiu1214 wrote:
bodu wrote:
if anybody get phone calls today saying they got admitted, please share with us! =P

however, i would not freak out about it (i try), and just wait for final decision announcement tomorrow.

and i hope sandy is not delaying our long awaited verdict.


They make calls a day before the official notification date?

thast what i heard. however it is a rumor. with sandy in town, they may not.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Applying for MBA
Joined: 16 Dec 2011
Posts: 74
Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 20

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2012, 10:07
chethanjs wrote:
Hey guys,

(Brace yourselves.......Sandy is in town)

Hope everyone's safe and sound.
Since the Adcom's office will be closed today or at least work with minimal resources, I thought it would be a good idea to get some of the questions out my system (I just need a reason).

1) In all frankness, when an univ announces a certain 80% percentile range (eg: 640-720, etc), is the lower limit meant to be taken as a reference point for minorities' applications?

2) Does Fuqua announce all it's admits/dings on the same day? Suppose if I don't receive any call before the last day of notification, should I happily assume that I am either dinged or waitlisted? Is there a chance that I will get to know about the Admit via email-notification?

3) I have a sub-par GMAT score -650 (like someone above) but I interviewed during the open-interview period. Am I case for automatic elimination or does Fuqua really consider evaluating my app holistically? (Yes, I sound paranoid. I am not sure if my question is making sense here).

dont sweat it, 650 gmat is still within the 20-80% range. I have a pretty good gmat (730) but HORRIBLE gpa. (below 3). i think i am at a bigger disadvantage than u
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 15
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2012, 10:54
bodu wrote:
DLiu1214 wrote:
bodu wrote:
if anybody get phone calls today saying they got admitted, please share with us! =P

however, i would not freak out about it (i try), and just wait for final decision announcement tomorrow.

and i hope sandy is not delaying our long awaited verdict.


They make calls a day before the official notification date?

thast what i heard. however it is a rumor. with sandy in town, they may not.


I looked in the last two years' forums and it didn't mention anything about phone calls. Is this something new?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Applying for MBA
Joined: 16 Dec 2011
Posts: 74
Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 20

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2012, 11:09
jh03e wrote:

I looked in the last two years' forums and it didn't mention anything about phone calls. Is this something new?



yeah, adcom told us on 9/10 during school visit that they would call. but who knows. it is not certain. especially considering the fact that the school is in shut down mode due to hurricane.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 15
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2012, 11:13
bodu wrote:
jh03e wrote:

I looked in the last two years' forums and it didn't mention anything about phone calls. Is this something new?



yeah, adcom told us on 9/10 during school visit that they would call. but who knows. it is not certain. especially considering the fact that the school is in shut down mode due to hurricane.


Interesting... for what it's worth, I checked Duke's website. No shutdown: http://emergency.duke.edu/
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Posts: 11
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2012, 12:44
jh03e wrote:
bodu wrote:
jh03e wrote:

I looked in the last two years' forums and it didn't mention anything about phone calls. Is this something new?



yeah, adcom told us on 9/10 during school visit that they would call. but who knows. it is not certain. especially considering the fact that the school is in shut down mode due to hurricane.


Interesting... for what it's worth, I checked Duke's website. No shutdown: http://emergency.duke.edu/


I guess we'll hear tomorrow then...
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 24 Oct 2012
Posts: 51
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2012, 12:51
jumsumtak wrote:
chethanjs wrote:
Hey guys,

(Brace yourselves.......Sandy is in town)

Hope everyone's safe and sound.
Since the Adcom's office will be closed today or at least work with minimal resources, I thought it would be a good idea to get some of the questions out my system (I just need a reason).

1) In all frankness, when an univ announces a certain 80% percentile range (eg: 640-720, etc), is the lower limit meant to be taken as a reference point for minorities' applications?

2) Does Fuqua announce all it's admits/dings on the same day? Suppose if I don't receive any call before the last day of notification, should I happily assume that I am either dinged or waitlisted? Is there a chance that I will get to know about the Admit via email-notification?

3) I have a sub-par GMAT score -650 (like someone above) but I interviewed during the open-interview period. Am I case for automatic elimination or does Fuqua really consider evaluating my app holistically? (Yes, I sound paranoid. I am not sure if my question is making sense here).


Your 650 is below average. And I'm sure you have heard that before. What does that mean for you? It means you will need to have a solid work exp., solid essays or/and come from an under-represented group. Your GPA would also matter more. All this, to compensate for your low GMAT score. You will have a much better chance if you show a 30-40 point increase. Saying that, people do get accepted with that score as well.

You will definitely receive an email on the interview notification date. Your application status will change accordingly. Whether you are invited to the interview or not, your final decision will again be mailed on the decision notification date. This decision could be: accepted, waitlisted or a ding. (If you have NOT been invited to interview earlier you cannot be accepted, though you could still land up on the waitlist)

Whatever your GMAT is, your application will be evaluated holistically. The complete application is read by 2 adcom members separately. No one is "automatically disqualified" for a low GMAT score.
It is good that you have already interviewed already. But again, that GMAT might be a deterrent, and you would need to have strong essays and a well-rounded application to be competitive.

Hope that helps.



So ur saying that if I finished my interview, the application status should change? I interviewed on 10/14 but my application status still shows "submitted"......
VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Posts: 1092
Followers: 73

Kudos [?]: 444 [0], given: 452

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2012, 12:58
AresZhu wrote:
So ur saying that if I finished my interview, the application status should change? I interviewed on 10/14 but my application status still shows "submitted"......


I never said that :)
That is the case with a lot of applicants here on this forum. So you should not worry too much about that. Anyways less than 24 hrs left.



There are a few like me, who haven't had a chance to interview and the rest who have been waiting for quite long now. I hope Duke brings good news for the majority. Best of luck to all !
_________________

My Debrief | MBA Timeline - New! Stay on top of deadlines, receive recommendations for each stage, get reminders.

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 24 Oct 2012
Posts: 51
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2012, 13:04
Question for those applicants in EA... Do you guys still see the status as "Submitted" even after interviews on campus? I'm little nervous about that since I heard someone saying the status should change after the interview.
Thanks.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 15
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2012, 13:07
AresZhu wrote:
Question for those applicants in EA... Do you guys still see the status as "Submitted" even after interviews on campus? I'm little nervous about that since I heard someone saying the status should change after the interview.
Thanks.

I submitted EA and interviewed during open interview period... still says "submitted"
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 24 Oct 2012
Posts: 51
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2012, 13:11
jh03e wrote:
AresZhu wrote:
Question for those applicants in EA... Do you guys still see the status as "Submitted" even after interviews on campus? I'm little nervous about that since I heard someone saying the status should change after the interview.
Thanks.

I submitted EA and interviewed during open interview period... still says "submitted"



ha cool. You make me feel much better. I guess that's the way it should be then. thanks for your response :)
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Applying for MBA
Joined: 16 Dec 2011
Posts: 74
Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 20

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2012, 13:53
AresZhu wrote:
jh03e wrote:
AresZhu wrote:
Question for those applicants in EA... Do you guys still see the status as "Submitted" even after interviews on campus? I'm little nervous about that since I heard someone saying the status should change after the interview.
Thanks.

I submitted EA and interviewed during open interview period... still says "submitted"



ha cool. You make me feel much better. I guess that's the way it should be then. thanks for your response :)


same here, submitted. so does this other guy i know who has interviewed. so now u can feel 3x as better as before.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 20 Oct 2011
Posts: 122
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.64
WE: Engineering (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 14

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2012, 16:09
They make calls a day before the official notification date?
Quote:


I looked in the last two years' forums and it didn't mention anything about phone calls. Is this something new?

I don't think they call before, but once you get in they call to congratulate you and set you up with some student liaison.
At least that is what I heard.
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
Joined: 04 Apr 2011
Posts: 523
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2014
Followers: 27

Kudos [?]: 158 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2012, 16:15
desijackass wrote:
They make calls a day before the official notification date?
Quote:


I looked in the last two years' forums and it didn't mention anything about phone calls. Is this something new?

I don't think they call before, but once you get in they call to congratulate you and set you up with some student liaison.
At least that is what I heard.


This is true. No calls will be made on the decision release date. However, if you are accepted, your interviewer and Fuqua Buddy will give you a call within the next few days.

Good luck to all the EA applicants tomorrow!!!
_________________

Application Profile: http://gmatclub.com/forum/2012-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-116595-20.html#p1009999

Application Story - The Third Quadrant Applicant: http://gmatclub.com/forum/the-third-quadrant-applicant-125929.html#p1027642

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Applying for MBA
Joined: 16 Dec 2011
Posts: 74
Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 20

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2012, 16:16
threestripes wrote:
desijackass wrote:
They make calls a day before the official notification date?
Quote:



This is true. No calls will be made on the decision release date. However, if you are accepted, your interviewer and Fuqua Buddy will give you a call within the next few days.

Good luck to all the EA applicants tomorrow!!!


hey threestripes, nice to see you checking up on us lowly applicants. hahaha jk! that helps to clarify things! good luck to all EA applicants!
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 18 Jul 2011
Posts: 99
Location: Canada
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: Q V
WE: Marketing (Telecommunications)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 11

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2012, 17:28
It feels like the night before an exam. Mix of excitement and anxiety.
Good luck everyone! Really hope there's a lot of good news tomorrow.
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 29 Oct 2012, 17:28
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
356 Experts publish their posts in the topic Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants asimov 1831 12 Jun 2012, 06:34
64 Experts publish their posts in the topic Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants aerien 612 01 Jan 2013, 11:46
205 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All Duke (Fuqua) 2011 Applicants ThomasD 2695 18 May 2010, 07:33
80 Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Fall 2009 applicants! isa 989 10 Jul 2008, 19:05
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  26   27   28   29   30   31   32  ...  92    Next  [ 1832 posts ] 



cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.