Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:36 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Duke MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing
Schools: Fuqua '13 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.61
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.8
WE:Marketing (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Expert Reply
punters11 wrote:
Any R1 applicants receive any message thus far from Duke. Any changes in the online application portal. Mine just says application submitted. Hope applications submitted on deadline day also count....

Yes, submissions on the deadline day count towards that round, and yes, some people have already heard back from adcom saying their apps are under review: see this post for the email -- duke-fuqua-2013-calling-all-applicants-134412-380.html#p1136130

All you can do now is wait for that email or for adcom to let you know that something is missing from your file. It's only been 1 week since the deadline so no need to panic yet.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
jonathandukemba13 wrote:
Early Action admits! Please join the Facebook group and introduce yourself within! Let the networking commence!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/dukemba2015/

-Jonathan

From Career Fellow to Admissions Guru...Jonathan does it all! Nice work sir.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 85 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 520 Q34 V27
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.01
WE:Information Technology (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Waitlisted. I'll take it with the glass half full. Threestripes, RGupta, and Asimov, do you guys have any advice on what I can do to increase my chances?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Kelley '15
Send PM
Ding in EA; No idea what's wrong. Someone said maybe the short team career goal was not very realistic, but no absolutely. Others are not weakness:( Very Sad yesterday
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.4
WE:Business Development (Manufacturing)
Send PM
I got Dinged too. Was too shocked and disappointed to come and update my status.

Really clueless on what to do. Maybe my age(24) was a big decisive factor. Need to start looking at some lower ranked schools now :(

Congrats to all the admits. I really wished to be a part of Team Fuqua. Sucks!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
i called duke adcom today to express my interest for the school (as a waitlister) and get some information the WL process and seek input on my profile. The adcom lady was very busy so she did not provide too much juicy information. However, she told me that WL decisions are typically made by May. this information is contradictory to what i have heard.

my main question is that: are the WL applicants measured against applicants of the next round and considered in equal footing? or are WL applicants only used as bench players to fill in spots?
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
bodu wrote:
i called duke adcom today to express my interest for the school (as a waitlister) and get some information the WL process and seek input on my profile. The adcom lady was very busy so she did not provide too much juicy information. However, she told me that WL decisions are typically made by May. this information is contradictory to what i have heard.

True, while WL decisions are typically made by May, they still keep some people on through the summer to make sure any and all last-minute seats that open up are filled. If you're one of those lucky people, then you would hear your decision any time from May through August.

bodu wrote:
my main question is that: are the WL applicants measured against applicants of the next round and considered in equal footing? or are WL applicants only used as bench players to fill in spots?

I have no clue about this since I'm not on the adcom though I think it's reasonable to guess that WL-ers are evaluated against everyone in the subsequent round, not just the waitlist.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
aerien wrote:
bodu wrote:

True, while WL decisions are typically made by May, they still keep some people on through the summer to make sure any and all last-minute seats that open up are filled. If you're one of those lucky people, then you would hear your decision any time from May through August.

bodu wrote:

I have no clue about this since I'm not on the adcom though I think it's reasonable to guess that WL-ers are evaluated against everyone in the subsequent round, not just the waitlist.

hi aerien, thank you for your response. I thought many of us WLers would get admitted/dinged during deadlines of later rounds, instead of May? I am pretty confused now
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hi all,

i just dug up an interview with Liz Riley Hargrove (if you are waitlisted and do not recognize this name, then doing more research on Fuqua is a necessary step to increaes your chances :lol: )regarding waitlist situation. See link below and search for waitlist.

https://www.accepted.com/chat/transcript ... _duke.aspx
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
bodu wrote:
aerien wrote:
bodu wrote:

bodu wrote:

hi aerien, thank you for your response. I thought many of us WLers would get admitted/dinged during deadlines of later rounds, instead of May? I am pretty confused now

You can be admitted with the R1, R2, or R3 decisions. R3 decisions come out in May. If you don't hear back by May and still choose to be on the waitlist, you could be waiting until August. Hope that clarifies things! :)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.33
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi,

I got wait-listed without interview. Does Fuqua ask you for any essays while wait-listed or do they give you any opportunity to actively influence your wait-list status?

Brief profile:
International student - Indian
GMAT - 740
Undergrad - Engineering.Different system of gradation but translates to around 3.33
W.E. - 4 years in Technology (programmer) and Consulting (tech)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1610 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Congrats to all recent admits! Have any of the admits received a call from their Fuqua buddies yet?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Curious quick fact checking:

When someone gets decision notification from Fuqua, there are two possibilities, right? - "Invited to interview" or "Not Invited to interview".

Are you guys calling "Not invited to interview" as "Waitlisted"?
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
chethanjs wrote:
Curious quick fact checking:

When someone gets decision notification from Fuqua, there are two possibilities, right? - "Invited to interview" or "Not Invited to interview".

Are you guys calling "Not invited to interview" as "Waitlisted"?

No, the past few posts refer to the decision notification process once you are on the waitlist.

If you're waiting for an invite, then on the invite day your status will be updated to invited or not invited.

See my previous post for more detailed info:
duke-fuqua-2013-calling-all-applicants-134412-340.html#p1135273

Originally posted by aerien on 01 Nov 2012, 08:45.
Last edited by aerien on 29 Dec 2012, 16:04, edited 3 times in total.
Link updated
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks Aerien.

However,

1) The link you pasted here just leads me to a page. Not sure which "detailed info" you are referring to.
2) It's still not clear about the waitlist status. What does your decision status say on the day of decision notification when you are waitlisted without interview?
AFAIK, I know there are only 2 types of notification status- Invited and Not Invited. AFAIK, Fuqua does not use explicit words like "Waitlisted".

My question was, how would I know if I were "waitlisted without interview"?
VP
VP
Given Kudos: 479
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Send PM
chethanjs wrote:
Thanks Aerien.

However,

1) The link you pasted here just leads me to a page. Not sure which "detailed info" you are referring to.
2) It's still not clear about the waitlist status. What does your decision status say on the day of decision notification when you are waitlisted without interview?
AFAIK, I know there are only 2 types of notification status- Invited and Not Invited. AFAIK, Fuqua does not use explicit words like "Waitlisted".

My question was, how would I know if I were "waitlisted without interview"?

on interview notification date, you will only get to know whether you are invited for an interview or not.
on decision notification date you will get to know whether you are admitted, dinged or waitlisted. you can be waitlisted or dinged either with or without an interview, but you can be admitted only with an interview.

Clears the doubts?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got it.

Thanks jumsumtak and aerien.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  29   30   31   32   33   34   35  ...  92