Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 05:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 13:30
I'm in!!!

25 F, USA
650 GMAT, 3.5 GPA from top 5 small US school
3 years WE at matriculation
Good ECs
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 9

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 13:37
aerien wrote:
AresZhu wrote:
aerien wrote:
It's been 2 years with 6 months on the WL last year and now, I can finally say I'm IN!!!

Posted from my mobile device Image

congrat! what you mean by "and now"? were you on WL from EA this year also?

Nope - applied R1. It's just been one loooong journey for Fuqua....

Posted from my mobile device Image

Congrats, have you made up your mind about the school you want to attend?
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.37
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 153 [0], given: 5

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 13:44
yikes, lots of waitlisters.

welp, add me to the list.

was reallllly hoping to be done with applications, but looks like I have to keep going with my R2 apps.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 13:46
Fuqua is a great, best of luck to all the lucky ones.

Last edited by TJsingler on 17 Mar 2013, 09:33, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 13:47
To those who got admitted.. do we have to accept the offer in order to get the admittance package, or will it be sent to us with no action on our part?
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [2] , given: 0

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 13:48
This post received
KUDOS
highwyre237 wrote:
kingfalcon wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:
lol...same here. I guess we will see other at Johnson then?

Looks like it, pffftttt who needs shooters when you have great hiking and 30 feet of snow... :-(

Ha, Ithaca will be a good time, this stings but its nice to know we have something great to look forward to.

You've probably seen this already, but Johnson is making a charge up the P&Q Top 100 list. Maybe it will be up to #10 by the time you get there next fall!

Either way, I still feel happy and satisfied, knowing how many people out there are still struggling to get accepted anywhere. I had a great feeling about Duke. My interview went really well and don't feel my background raised any flags. But eventually I may not be a good fit based on the school's decision, either from career interest (I am finance-focused) or anything else. I now cherish and appreciate Johnson's faith in me and I will remember everyday that top schools only open doors but does not grant admission to a good career. I have learned this lesson well from being a Stanford undergrad, knowing only very a few percentage of the class get job offers from top employers and receive generous compensation. I guess wherever you are, work hard and learn as much as possible. Congrats to all who got accepted! Some things are just meant to be.
Current Student
Affiliations: None
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE: Corporate Finance (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 14:00
Sorry if this is a repost, but I received an email from the office of admissions stating that my application has been updated...however I was never actually invited to an interview. When I click on the link it just says congratulations your application has been submitted...does this mean they transferred me to the next round or something?

Thanks,
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 62 [0], given: 107

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 14:04
Turbonash6 wrote:
Sorry if this is a repost, but I received an email from the office of admissions stating that my application has been updated...however I was never actually invited to an interview. When I click on the link it just says congratulations your application has been submitted...does this mean they transferred me to the next round or something?

Thanks,

Try closing out of your browser and reopening and signing back into the application status site. I had the same issue until I did that. Good luck!
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
Schools: Duke '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V42

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 5

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 14:09
I'm IN!!!

Spent the last hour on the phone (waking up and) thanking my friends who reviewed my essays and kept the positive vibes going during the last 1.5 years that it took to get to THIS point!

If you found my contribution helpful, please click the +1 Kudos button on the left, Thanks

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 4

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 14:11
Dakells wrote:
Whoa just page refreshed here expecting more anxious nerves. Saw decisions were up, checked and hallelujah I AM IN!!!!!!!

Congrats! By the way, I will be expecting that shot as well.
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
Followers: 73

Kudos [?]: 449 [1] , given: 455

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 14:31
This post received
KUDOS
bond007 wrote:
im in **** tears right now. omg omg omg admitted

its a dream i swear!! it feels like im dreaming!!! pinch me!!!

Woah.. super!
add a few more dollars for your MBA budget. I'm sure (hope) fellow admits are gonna squeeze a lot on the BDW :)

congratulations to all the admits... great to see familiar names get into an awesome school!
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.5
WE: General Management (Hospitality and Tourism)

Kudos [?]: 7 [2] , given: 0

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 14:38
This post received
KUDOS
I'm in as well.

GMAT: 760
GPA: 3.55 (Top tier liberal arts school / theatre major --> i know, i know...)
MA currently pursuing a JD next door at the law school.
5 years WE
Really, really, super gay
Current Student
Awesome Level: 10++

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 26

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 14:39
jumsumtak wrote:
bond007 wrote:
im in **** tears right now. omg omg omg admitted

its a dream i swear!! it feels like im dreaming!!! pinch me!!!

Woah.. super!
add a few more dollars for your MBA budget. I'm sure (hope) fellow admits are gonna squeeze a lot on the BDW :)

congratulations to all the admits... great to see familiar names get into an awesome school!

thanks a lot and also for your gmat help! btw I probably should have made my offer at BYU lol!!
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE: Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 193 [1] , given: 628

Premium Member
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 14:45
This post received
KUDOS
bond007 wrote:
This is absolutely killing me. The worst part is that I have a low gmat, so I know I have a much worse chance than you 700 guys.

This looks pretty funny now, huh?? :)
Congrats!
6 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2014
Followers: 28

Kudos [?]: 161 [6] , given: 4

Premium Member
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 14:55
This post received
KUDOS
Congrats to all those who were accepted today! I am glad to see so many familiar names get in. Y'all should celebrate by watching our basketball team play against Clemson tonight! And bond007 - current students should also be allowed to claim your offer at BDW. :P

On a different note, I am disappointed that some of the most active posters did not get the result that they were hoping for today. To all those waitlisted, there is still hope. In fact, some of my closest friends at Duke were R2 admits who were waitlisted in R1. To all those who were denied, I am sure that the right school for you will accept you in the end. Keep your head up and soldier on!

Application Profile: http://gmatclub.com/forum/2012-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-116595-20.html#p1009999

Application Story - The Third Quadrant Applicant: http://gmatclub.com/forum/the-third-quadrant-applicant-125929.html#p1027642

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 15:01
ill be cheering extra hard watching the game! and yes threestripes you're in as well since your 3rd quadrant post inspired me a lot
Current Student

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 15:58
btw guys should I reach out and say thanks to my interviewer? or are they supposed to call me?
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Duke Fuqua
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2015
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 8

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 16:02
bond007 wrote:
btw guys should I reach out and say thanks to my interviewer? or are they supposed to call me?

my interviewer called within a few days.

congrats future classmate!
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.81
WE: Medicine and Health (Health Care)

Kudos [?]: 26 [2] , given: 12

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 16:04
This post received
KUDOS
krudget wrote:
Mine is up, looks like waitlisted...sigh

Despite the general blasé malaise I'm still feeling right now, sincerest congrats to those who got accepted today! Congratulations! Special congrats to aerien and "Daniel Craig". :lol:
Expert Post
VP
VP
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 414 [0], given: 245

Premium Member
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 16:29
Expert's post
Moodyz wrote:
To those who got admitted.. do we have to accept the offer in order to get the admittance package, or will it be sent to us with no action on our part?

Congratulations, Moodyz!! :)

From what I can tell, accepting the offer online is the online version of mailing in the "confirmation card" with the deposit. The admit package should come in the mail, regardless of your decision to attend the school.

EDIT: R1 Acceptees -- congrats, everyone! And, based on last year's thread, if you're notified of $$, you'll get a call from adcom in the next 2 weeks. Last year, calls even started the day after decisions went out. Good luck, but don't be too disappointed if that 919 area code is just your interviewer calling to congratulate you :P

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 08 Jan 2013, 16:29