Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Aug 2014, 05:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 06 Nov 2012
Posts: 46
GMAT 1: 640 Q V
GPA: 3.82
WE: Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 12

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2013, 07:43
highwyre237 wrote:
PDX105 wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:
About 2 weeks left until the next decision day! Anyone withdraw, or is everyone still actively waiting?


I'll be in it for the long haul. I know I'm not the only one wondering what your plans are though. Holding out till 5/10? Later?



I visited Ithaca again, and honestly... it won me over. I'm pretty conflicted at the moment. I will definitely not be on later than 5/10.


I've heard nothing but amazing things about Johnson. Still, I'm hoping that some of us old-timers on the WL can share that celebratory beer in Durham come August. :) Either way, you've got great options in front of you.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Can't wait for August!
Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 977
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 326 [1] , given: 108

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2013, 07:57
1
This post received
KUDOS
PDX105 wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:
PDX105 wrote:
I'll be in it for the long haul. I know I'm not the only one wondering what your plans are though. Holding out till 5/10? Later?



I visited Ithaca again, and honestly... it won me over. I'm pretty conflicted at the moment. I will definitely not be on later than 5/10.


I've heard nothing but amazing things about Johnson. Still, I'm hoping that some of us old-timers on the WL can share that celebratory beer in Durham come August. :) Either way, you've got great options in front of you.


Hey, you do too! You could be the next Mark Cuban!

Regardless of what happens in the next few weeks, we'll both be enjoying beers with classmates. Maybe in durham, maybe in ithaca and bloomington? We both deserve a celebratory beer one way or another.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Dec 2011
Posts: 29
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2013, 09:08
highwyre237 wrote:
About 2 weeks left until the next decision day! Anyone withdraw, or is everyone still actively waiting?


I'm at the airport right now waiting to catch my flight to Raleigh. This morning I checked my interview invitation and realized that I will be interviewed by an alum. I thought second-year students did all of the on-campus interviews. Is it only different for round 3?
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 758
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2013, 09:52
After April 30, is it possible to find out how many students have paid deposits?

These next two weeks will be rough - let's hope that adcom starts calling waitlisters from May 1st (highly unlikely though)
_________________

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Affiliations: Duke Fuqua
Joined: 28 Nov 2012
Posts: 71
Location: United States
Location: City of Angels
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2015
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 8

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2013, 17:44
tobud wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:
About 2 weeks left until the next decision day! Anyone withdraw, or is everyone still actively waiting?


I'm at the airport right now waiting to catch my flight to Raleigh. This morning I checked my interview invitation and realized that I will be interviewed by an alum. I thought second-year students did all of the on-campus interviews. Is it only different for round 3?


Finals is next week I think.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 06 Nov 2012
Posts: 46
GMAT 1: 640 Q V
GPA: 3.82
WE: Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 12

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2013, 09:02
Final update's in. Let the countdown to May 10 begin...
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 758
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2013, 09:37
PDX105 wrote:
Final update's in. Let the countdown to May 10 begin...


Same here. Let's hope that they have lot of open spots after today's deposit deadline.
_________________

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Current Student
User avatar
Status: Can't wait for August!
Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 977
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 326 [0], given: 108

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2013, 09:55
hailmary620 wrote:
PDX105 wrote:
Final update's in. Let the countdown to May 10 begin...


Same here. Let's hope that they have lot of open spots after today's deposit deadline.


Sent my final updat in on friday, counting down the days once again. GL all
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 758
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2013, 09:59
highwyre237 wrote:

Sent my final updat in on friday, counting down the days once again. GL all


I am seriously hoping that they don't call anyone this time, and let us find out via online status chage. That March 15th day was pretty stressful.
_________________

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 26
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2013, 11:43
highwyre237 wrote:
hailmary620 wrote:
PDX105 wrote:
Final update's in. Let the countdown to May 10 begin...


Same here. Let's hope that they have lot of open spots after today's deposit deadline.


Sent my final updat in on friday, counting down the days once again. GL all


I sent in my final update on Friday as well.. figure 2 weeks out is a good timeframe! The next 10 days are going to seem to go by slowly, yet, I know it'll be really quick! :/ eek.. crossing fingers and toes!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 26
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2013, 11:44
hailmary620 wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:

Sent my final updat in on friday, counting down the days once again. GL all


I am seriously hoping that they don't call anyone this time, and let us find out via online status chage. That March 15th day was pretty stressful.



I think its kinda nice that they call you - either way will be watching my phone - for call vs email
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 26
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2013, 11:46
you'd think they'd be able to get in touch with people on the waitlist prior to round 3 decisions... nerve-wreaking waiting until 5/10!
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 758
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2013, 11:56
jasarn wrote:
you'd think they'd be able to get in touch with people on the waitlist prior to round 3 decisions... nerve-wreaking waiting until 5/10!


Today is the last day to interview for round 3 applicants, so I believe that they will start looking at the apps from tomorrow.
_________________

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Current Student
User avatar
Status: Can't wait for August!
Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 977
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 326 [0], given: 108

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2013, 12:07
hailmary620 wrote:
jasarn wrote:
you'd think they'd be able to get in touch with people on the waitlist prior to round 3 decisions... nerve-wreaking waiting until 5/10!


Today is the last day to interview for round 3 applicants, so I believe that they will start looking at the apps from tomorrow.


Yeah, but I wouldnt expect anything before next Wednesday. I'd say starting Wed morning, I'll be watching here and our evil counterparts at that other place like a hawk.
Expert Post
VP
VP
avatar
Status: Yale SOM!
Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 1250
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 244

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2013, 14:34
Expert's post
jasarn wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:
hailmary620 wrote:
[quote="PDX105"]Final update's in. Let the countdown to May 10 begin...


Same here. Let's hope that they have lot of open spots after today's deposit deadline.


Sent my final updat in on friday, counting down the days once again. GL all


I sent in my final update on Friday as well.. figure 2 weeks out is a good timeframe! The next 10 days are going to seem to go by slowly, yet, I know it'll be really quick! :/ eek.. crossing fingers and toes![/quote]

Just to manage expectations guys, you might not hear anything with R3. If that's the case, you will hear something by end of May/early June -- that's when they figure out who goes on the summer waitlist.
_________________

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
User avatar
Status: Can't wait for August!
Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 977
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 326 [0], given: 108

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2013, 16:46
aerien wrote:

Just to manage expectations guys, you might not hear anything with R3. If that's the case, you will hear something by end of May/early June -- that's when they figure out who goes on the summer waitlist.


Ha, don't do this to me again. Don't give me another day to count down to.

May 10th is my last day! If I don't have a blue school next to my name by the 11th I want everyone to yell at me.
Expert Post
VP
VP
avatar
Status: Yale SOM!
Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 1250
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 244

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 May 2013, 04:18
Expert's post
highwyre237 wrote:
aerien wrote:

Just to manage expectations guys, you might not hear anything with R3. If that's the case, you will hear something by end of May/early June -- that's when they figure out who goes on the summer waitlist.


Ha, don't do this to me again. Don't give me another day to count down to.

May 10th is my last day! If I don't have a blue school next to my name by the 11th I want everyone to yell at me.


Haha. We will :)
_________________

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 758
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 May 2013, 06:12
Since yesterday was the last day to deposit money, can we find out how many open spots are there? (even a rough estimate). The Duke FB group has about 670 members (includes class of 13/14 also). Maybe a current student can help us out.
_________________

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Current Student
User avatar
Status: Can't wait for August!
Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 977
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 326 [0], given: 108

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 May 2013, 06:41
hailmary620 wrote:
Since yesterday was the last day to deposit money, can we find out how many open spots are there? (even a rough estimate). The Duke FB group has about 670 members (includes class of 13/14 also). Maybe a current student can help us out.


Feel free to reach out and ask, but I doubt it's worth the effort.

The bad thing about a FB group is that I doubt mods take the time to kick people out after they withdraw. We may find out what 5 or 10% of the class looks like here, but nothing worth putting numbers around.

Lets just say, there will be spots open, and at least some of us with get in within the next 3 months... Most of us wont, but there will be a lucky few to give the rest of us hope.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 22 Feb 2013
Posts: 119
Location: United States
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 23

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 May 2013, 12:35
good luck to all hope to see some good news soon
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants   [#permalink] 01 May 2013, 12:35
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
13 Experts publish their posts in the topic Fuqua(Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all Waitlisted applicants mbamyway 90 07 Nov 2013, 04:45
64 Experts publish their posts in the topic Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants aerien 612 01 Jan 2013, 11:46
356 Experts publish their posts in the topic Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Applicants asimov 1831 12 Jun 2012, 06:34
Duke (Fuqua) 2012-Calling all Waitlisted Applicants lilpopers 15 18 Apr 2012, 14:08
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  31    Next  [ 613 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.