Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 10:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
VP
VP
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 412 [0], given: 245

Premium Member
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 May 2013, 12:47
Expert's post
jasarn wrote:
aerien wrote:

I'd jump in on the time guessing with you all but last year I didn't hear anything with R3.... *birds chirping* Instead I heard something in the beginning of June

What happened at the beginning of June?

I was put on the summer waitlist and the waiting continued...

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: Q V
GPA: 3.64
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 May 2013, 12:49
aerien wrote:
jasarn wrote:
aerien wrote:

I'd jump in on the time guessing with you all but last year I didn't hear anything with R3.... *birds chirping* Instead I heard something in the beginning of June

When did you finally hear back on a decision?
Director
Director
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 136 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 May 2013, 12:55
aerien wrote:

Mr. Yale sneaks in here and dashes the hopes and optimism of 50 waitlisted applicants with a "one-liner". OUCH! :)

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Expert Post
VP
VP

Premium Member
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 May 2013, 12:56
Expert's post
coug10 wrote:
aerien wrote:
jasarn wrote:
[quote="aerien"]

When did you finally hear back on a decision?[/quote]

Beginning of August, after Orientation had started. I was in the last bunch to be let go; not sure how many of us there were though.

Looking back I should have taken myself off the list earlier in the summer -- even if they had called Aug 1, there would have been no way for me to move to Durham the next day.

aerien

Director
Director

Premium Member
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 May 2013, 13:29
Fuqua admissions office has been closed for the day; you guys should not expect any calls from here on. We shall see you all tomorrow in the morning at 8:30am EST. Thank you for your patience and good luck tomorrow.

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Expert Post
VP
VP

Premium Member
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 May 2013, 13:43
Expert's post
hailmary620 wrote:
aerien wrote:

Mr. Yale sneaks in here and dashes the hopes and optimism of 50 waitlisted applicants with a "one-liner". OUCH! :)

Just giving my own experiences ahead of tomorrow's posts "Omgz I haven't heard anything yet!! Did they take my name off the list and not tell me?!" :P

aerien

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 328 [1] , given: 108

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 May 2013, 13:48
This post received
KUDOS
aerien wrote:
hailmary620 wrote:
aerien wrote:

Just giving my own experiences ahead of tomorrow's posts "Omgz I haven't heard anything yet!! Did they take my name off the list and not tell me?!" :P

I don't care what you say, what do you know!(outside of having actual first-hand experience) :x

I'm getting in tomorrow!maybe?!?!?!
Director
Director

Premium Member
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 May 2013, 14:04
highwyre237 wrote:

I don't care what you say, what do you know!(outside of having actual first-hand experience) :x

Just finished composing the email I will send to my family/friends/recommenders tomorrow after I get in; I have gone through 6 admission notifications so far with no luck, but this one feels very different.

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Expert Post
VP
VP

Premium Member
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 May 2013, 14:11
Expert's post
highwyre237 wrote:
aerien wrote:
hailmary620 wrote:
[quote="aerien"]

I'm getting in tomorrow!maybe?!?!?![/quote]

I still have my fingers and toes crossed for you, highwyre!!

aerien

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 328 [1] , given: 108

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 May 2013, 14:14
This post received
KUDOS
hailmary620 wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:

Just finished composing the email I will send to my family/friends/recommenders tomorrow after I get in; I have gone through 6 admission notifications so far with no luck, but this one feels very different.

Well good luck, I'm rooting for you.

Also... if you don't find out tomorrow... look at aerien, from a Duke WL, to about 75 admits... And threestripes, from Duke WL to EA admit a few years back. Fuqua's summer WL isn't where people go to rot, it fosters growth and excellence in Gmatclub's best and brightest.

but I know we'd all rather get in tomorrow :-D
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE: Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 193 [1] , given: 628

Premium Member
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 May 2013, 18:50
This post received
KUDOS
Good luck to everyone tomorrow! There are definitely some folks on here who REALLY want it; I would love for their excitement and faith to be rewarded!
Director
Director

Premium Member
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 May 2013, 19:31
highwyre237 wrote:

Well good luck, I'm rooting for you.

Also... if you don't find out tomorrow... look at aerien, from a Duke WL, to about 75 admits... And threestripes, from Duke WL to EA admit a few years back. Fuqua's summer WL isn't where people go to rot, it fosters growth and excellence in Gmatclub's best and brightest.

but I know we'd all rather get in tomorrow :-D

Thanks for the encouraging words, highwyre. Well, I had a pretty extensive marketing campaign to get myself off of wait-list, so lets hope that the call comes in. If not, I will start preparing for next year - probably start with improving my GMAT score, so I don't have to pull off a "Russell Wilson-like-hailmary".

But, please don't compare me with the legendary "aerien". He is light years ahead of me; he is the most "accepted" man on GMATCLUB.

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Expert Post
VP
VP

Premium Member
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 May 2013, 02:58
Expert's post
Hah! Thanks, hailmary though there are others too -- they just don't post as much!

Highwyre, today's the day..and then I get to yell at you tomorrow if you haven't turned blue yet! ;)

aerien

VP
VP
Followers: 73

Kudos [?]: 448 [0], given: 454

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 May 2013, 03:39
kingfalcon wrote:
Good luck to everyone tomorrow! There are definitely some folks on here who REALLY want it; I would love for their excitement and faith to be rewarded!

Agree. Some very committed people. Best of luck to everyone !
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 May 2013, 04:27
to all the duke 'loyalists' here who have fought for so many months, hopefully one of us will get the call soon, will post if I hear anything from my side here in Asia

waiting game begins....best of luck!!!!!
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 328 [0], given: 108

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 May 2013, 04:30
and here it is, that familiar nervous feeling...

Good luck all!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 May 2013, 04:31
My old decision disappeared. It won't be long now.

Posted from my mobile device Image

Director
Director

Premium Member
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 May 2013, 04:32
.....and the admissions office opens. Respectable Adcom members getting ready to start making calls. Good luck all!

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 328 [0], given: 108

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 May 2013, 04:35
tobud wrote:

:shock:

I cant even get onto the portal, seems to be some major update, or atleast a bunch of traffic.

Scratch that, I got in, and my WL decision is still there. I hope that isnt a sign
Director
Director

Premium Member
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 May 2013, 04:38
highwyre237 wrote:
tobud wrote:

:shock:

I cant even get onto the portal, seems to be some major update, or atleast a bunch of traffic.

Scratch that, I got in, and my WL decision is still there. I hope that isnt a sign

My WL decision is still there too.

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants   [#permalink] 10 May 2013, 04:38