Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 02:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 137 [1] , given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2013, 11:27
This post received
KUDOS
Reapplicants: Do not call it a ding letter. Call it an acceptance letter to class of 2016!

We shall never fail!

Posted from my mobile device Image

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 26

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2013, 13:36
hailmary wrote:
Reapplicants: Do not call it a ding letter. Call it an acceptance letter to class of 2016!
We shall never fail!

That's a great way to look at it man. I am all in for EA. Hope to see some of you guys/gals during the interview process or maybe even a Duke event.

Cheers.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 31

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2013, 11:02
went to a fuqua info session last thurs and got the low down (personally asked the adcom member who presented) on the 25 facts when reapplying. simply put, we need new info. since these facts are pretty much birth to date, look at it as 50 interesting facts.
Current Student

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2013, 12:44
hookemhorns612 wrote:
went to a fuqua info session last thurs and got the low down (personally asked the adcom member who presented) on the 25 facts when reapplying. simply put, we need new info. since these facts are pretty much birth to date, look at it as 50 interesting facts.

So a reapplicat might want to submit a completely new list of 25 random facts, given that the new facts are just as good as the ones submitted before?

Do you know the name of the adcom member you spoke with, hookemhorns612?

I'll be attending a info session today. Will update if I find anything interesting for reapps.
Current Student

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2013, 15:25
Jokesta wrote:
hookemhorns612 wrote:

So a reapplicat might want to submit a completely new list of 25 random facts, given that the new facts are just as good as the ones submitted before?

I'll be attending a info session today. Will update if I find anything interesting for reapps.

honestly, if you can submit 25 random facts, just as good as the last 25, i would say absolutely. the reason its an issue for me is that i dont think ill be able to - 25 facts is a lot and ive used some of my very best materials for last year's app...considering it was my entire life up until the due date i dont exactly have 25 facts in the last year that are as good/more interesting. sure maybe i overlooked a few, but its going to be very difficult to produce ones as good. its a ridiculous expectation in my opinion, but im just hoping they consider that as they read my 50 facts together.
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 137 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2013, 18:14
hookemhorns612 wrote:
Jokesta wrote:
hookemhorns612 wrote:

honestly, if you can submit 25 random facts, just as good as the last 25, i would say absolutely. the reason its an issue for me is that i dont think ill be able to - 25 facts is a lot and ive used some of my very best materials for last year's app...considering it was my entire life up until the due date i dont exactly have 25 facts in the last year that are as good/more interesting. sure maybe i overlooked a few, but its going to be very difficult to produce ones as good. its a ridiculous expectation in my opinion, but im just hoping they consider that as they read my 50 facts together.

hookem: You are missing a key fact that they will be reading last year's application as well, so will get to read your initial 25 random things. The new essay is going to be an add on to those 25 things, and should be new, so you don't repeat what they have already read - you will still get points for all the "good" ones you wrote last year.

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Current Student
Concentration: Marketing
Schools: Yale '16 (M)

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 45

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2013, 18:48
hookemhorns612 wrote:

ARGH, now I have to change the 15 items I kept the same from last time...

I went to an info session in my city a couple of weeks ago. The advice the adcom gave me was to roll-up the WL updates for the reapplicant essay. Hope this helps people who don't have that many new things like me :)
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 137 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2013, 16:05
For the reapp essays, how many words are you guys writing? I am currently at 1700+

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Current Student

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2013, 07:19
still just a 2 page limit right? i haven't started essay 2 outside of my outline. slowwwwwwly coming up with new facts...

Yesterday I tied my shoe six times before noon!
Current Student

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2013, 23:45
tinkered wrote:
hookemhorns612 wrote:

ARGH, now I have to change the 15 items I kept the same from last time...

I went to an info session in my city a couple of weeks ago. The advice the adcom gave me was to roll-up the WL updates for the reapplicant essay. Hope this helps people who don't have that many new things like me :)

Agreed, but I think we need to be careful with this. I believe the adcom will be reviewing the entire application plus the waitlist updates so if you just roll up your waitlist updates in your reapp essay you might be just giving them something have already read. Maybe summarize the waitlist updates but also add new information which they have not yet seen about your profile.
Current Student

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2013, 23:47
hookemhorns612 wrote:
still just a 2 page limit right? i haven't started essay 2 outside of my outline. slowwwwwwly coming up with new facts...

Yesterday I tied my shoe six times before noon!

I like that random fact about you hookem, shows that you are not a quiter. You persevere where others fail :-D
Current Student

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2013, 23:50
hailmary wrote:
For the reapp essays, how many words are you guys writing? I am currently at 1700+

Are you keeping your Why Duke pretty much the same? maybe some of your reapp essay can go into why duke?

I am currently at 2 pages but I feel like I have so much more to say.. I'll have to prioritize which information i really want to convey and which can wait.
Expert Post
VP
VP
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Followers: 29

Kudos [?]: 328 [0], given: 19

Premium Member
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Aug 2013, 16:41
Expert's post
locking this thread. please use the current application season's thread.

fuqua-duke-class-of-2016-calling-all-applicants-151319.html

Diversity

Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants   [#permalink] 18 Aug 2013, 16:41