Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:15 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 265 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: HKUST MBA - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.2
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
[#permalink]
i'll be there!

I'm on the planninng committee.
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
aaudetat wrote:
i'll be there!

I'm on the planninng committee.

Hope to see you there! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
 Q49  V47
Send PM
I'm in... [#permalink]
I applied at the last moment... have not heard back yet.
No clue what they are really looking for! My essays were really bad since I literally had less than 2 days to work on them before I found out about the program.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Ross 2010
 Q44  V44
Send PM
I'm Going [#permalink]
I will be there. What is 'smart casual' is that like nice jeans and a polo shirt? Is anyone staying for the stuff on Sunday?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I will be there too. I am not sure about the sunday event. I guess smart casual means do not dress up like you are going to the beach. People keep making up new dress codes. Really excited about the program
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm in as well!
Looking forward to seeing all of you guys there!
Aaudetat, maybe you could meet up with us before the event just like rhyme did at U of Chicago event?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I think "smart casual" means no jeans, however nice and expensive. It also means no suit, but perhaps nice slacks and blouse (for W) shirt (for M).
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
ladies -

that's awesome! i wasn't sure about the dresscode either, so i asked. Here's the word:

Smart casual means not torn jeans and a t-shirt. good jeans, nice shoes, and a cute top are fine. slacks and sweater or skirt, that kind of stuff.

Business casual is tailored slacks or a skirt with a button-down or similar pull-over.

if you have any other questions, post 'em here and I will get the answers.

We meet Wednesday mornings, so that's a good time for me to get info for you.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
nervousgmat wrote:
I'm in as well!
Looking forward to seeing all of you guys there!
Aaudetat, maybe you could meet up with us before the event just like rhyme did at U of Chicago event?

Sure! I've got lots of class on Friday, but I'm sure we can meet at some point. Once you all have tickets, let me know when you're coming in!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
cbreeze wrote:
I think "smart casual" means no jeans, however nice and expensive. It also means no suit, but perhaps nice slacks and blouse (for W) shirt (for M).

cbreeze - you're still around! We should meet up at Fuqua; PM me.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Ross 2010
 Q44  V44
Send PM
Class Visit [#permalink]
Is anyone staying for a class visit on Monday? I'm debating it. I wasn't planning to, but it seems like they might pay for the hotel room so if it wouldn't cost any extra money that would be excellent.

aaudetat - any recommendations on classes. I'm coming from DC so will probably drive and plan to arrive by noon.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Re: Class Visit [#permalink]
skaballet wrote:
Is anyone staying for a class visit on Monday? I'm debating it. I wasn't planning to, but it seems like they might pay for the hotel room so if it wouldn't cost any extra money that would be excellent.

aaudetat - any recommendations on classes. I'm coming from DC so will probably drive and plan to arrive by noon.

in terms of core courses, your choices are accounting, micro, stats, and marketing. All of the profs are good, but stats is less interesting, particularly for someone who is just visiting. I am not in marketing, so can't comment. I would recommend econ. Both profs are a trip.
Current Student
Send PM
Re: Class Visit [#permalink]
aaudetat wrote:
skaballet wrote:

in terms of core courses, your choices are accounting, micro, stats, and marketing. All of the profs are good, but stats is less interesting, particularly for someone who is just visiting. I am not in marketing, so can't comment. I would recommend econ. Both profs are a trip.

When I visited, I sat in the Marketing class. I highly recommend it! During the class, students discussed Apple/AT&T alliance and which company benefited the most from the deal.
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
aaudetat,

Since you are on the planning committee for the event, maye you could answer my questions below?

Will Duke cover Thursday night hotel stay?
Also, how would I get from the airport to the hotel? Is taxi fare reimbursable?
If my boss doesn't let me take Friday off, will it be OK if i attend only Saturday and Sunday events?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V47
Send PM
i'll be there [#permalink]
so excited to go! since i'll be going in from California on an 8+ hour flight, i'm going to stay until monday and make the most of the trip...

i'm curious how selective the process for this program was.... anyone know?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: i'll be there [#permalink]
livingfossil wrote:
so excited to go! since i'll be going in from California on an 8+ hour flight, i'm going to stay until monday and make the most of the trip...

i'm curious how selective the process for this program was.... anyone know?

Hello Everybody.
I am also in. I would be arriving on Thursday evening. So smart casual means we can wear jeans or denim?? Can we also wear dresses? I mean not those dressy dresses but the ones that are nice and casual?

I also have a similar question (that one of the posters had) regarding hotel stay. Will Duke pay for our Thursday staty? I am travelling from Hartford, thus I want to reach on thurday eve.

Thanks,
Anshu
Current Student
Send PM
OK ladies,

I thought we could organize as a GMATClub group before the official activities begin on Friday afternoon. Please PM me your name if you would like to be included and I will post your screen name here. Also, don't forget to include your real names and phone numbers so that we could all meet up!

So far, the following ladies are planning to be a part of the GMATClub group at the Women's Weekend:

NervousGMAT
anshugupta
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3