Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 13:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Duke/Sloan/Tuck/Stanford/Haas/Booth possible?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Duke/Sloan/Tuck/Stanford/Haas/Booth possible? [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2013, 23:57
Age - 26
Gender - Female from India
GRE conversion to a GMAT score - 710
Undergrad - BITs Pilani. A top school in India with a 77%
Experience - Market Research in tech(semiconductor industry) for 4 years. I have excellent leadership experience.

Schools - Duke, Sloan, Tuck, Booth, Stanford.
Are these reach schools?

Thanks
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 0

Re: Duke/Sloan/Tuck/Stanford/Haas/Booth possible? [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2013, 19:15
Expert's post
Hello,

Thanks for sharing your profile! Looks like you have a strong academic background. Professionally, a career in market research does not typically lend itself to a ton of leadership experience, so I would love to hear a little more about that. They'll want to see strong team leadership, project management, initiative, and results. Outside of this, for the schools you are targeting, you'll want to show some community and extracurricular involvement -- ideally you volunteer on a board or in another leadership position for your favorite nonprofit/NGO, or you coach a soccer team or dance team or whatever it is you are passionate about. The goal is to do something you love, and lead within that area.

I'd say that if you truly have very strong professional leadership experience, then your biggest gap will be the extracurricular/community leadership. I would say that either way, Stanford is going to be a long shot. MIT would likely also be a stretch. I'd say Booth, Haas, Tuck are definitely in the 'reach/stretch' category. Schools like Duke would be great target programs. I'd suggest aiming for programs like Michigan, Duke, Darden, and adding 1 stretch like Haas or Booth and one safety like UCLA or USC or whatever program is best fit for you.

Good luck!
Mili