Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Oct 2014, 12:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

E-gmat course?? Advice needed??

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 25

Reviews Badge
E-gmat course?? Advice needed?? [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2012, 14:42
I have my GMAT next month I have been scoring in the range of V33-V36 off late on MGMATs and Gmatprep. But Last Sunday on the latest GMATprep Exam 1 it dropped to V30. My question is how can e-gmat help me reach 40+? Do you think I can get that
in 1 month? Please gimme a genuine answer. I cant leave quant while studying verbal since quant has been consistent on 44-48. I want to get atleast 49-50 there, that will require practice(of course the GMAT Club Tests), so I hope you understand my concern. Can you help me in scheduling too. I can give 3.5 hours daily. On weekends I take full tests (both days). That exhausts me, but I am ready to stretch for a month to study for 3-4 hours on weekends too. Please advise. My target is 720+ (Q49+ V40+)

regards,
V.

Working towards a goal...
V.

Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
Re: E-gmat course?? Advice needed?? [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2012, 22:23
gmatclub tests will really help u in getting to 48-50 level. Focus on timing. Its really very crucial. For verbal, e-gmat is really helpful only if you practice many quality questions. Quality questions means questions from sources such as OG, OG Verbal and GMAT PREP. I will strongly advice you not to study CR from any other sources. CR questions from these 'other' sources are hardly comparable to actual CR type. For SC, e-gmat + ManhattanSC are good. For RC, again I would advice to not go beyond the official material.
:)
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: None
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 570 Q42 V27
GPA: 3.01
WE: Sales (Manufacturing)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 32

Re: E-gmat course?? Advice needed?? [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2012, 00:00
vix wrote:
I have my GMAT next month I have been scoring in the range of V33-V36 off late on MGMATs and Gmatprep. But Last Sunday on the latest GMATprep Exam 1 it dropped to V30. My question is how can e-gmat help me reach 40+? Do you think I can get that
in 1 month? Please gimme a genuine answer. I cant leave quant while studying verbal since quant has been consistent on 44-48. I want to get atleast 49-50 there, that will require practice(of course the GMAT Club Tests), so I hope you understand my concern. Can you help me in scheduling too. I can give 3.5 hours daily. On weekends I take full tests (both days). That exhausts me, but I am ready to stretch for a month to study for 3-4 hours on weekends too. Please advise. My target is 720+ (Q49+ V40+)

regards,
V.

I am also stuck around the 33 mark in verbal. How can I proceed gradually to 40. Does any course will help or will I have to increase my concentration & confidence level. I have gone through all major books available & studying more doesn't seem to make a difference now. I am desperately looking for some divine advice.
Expert Post
e-GMAT Representative
Followers: 1276

Kudos [?]: 3593 [0], given: 185

Re: E-gmat course?? Advice needed?? [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2012, 04:49
Expert's post
Vikas,

e-GMAT provides you with the tools to excel on the verbal section of the GMAT. However, the extent score improvement depends on your effort and how diligently you follow our best practices. We have had students who have improved from 32 to 40+. We have also helped many students who have been stuck in their late 20s and where we have helped them improve considerably. As you can probably infer, the degree of score improvement depends on student's efforts.

Each of our courses requires about 30 hrs of effort (we provide a precise study plan). We recently (3 days back) launched our RC course. Prior to launch, all our courses go through a beta trial. One of our RC beta trial users was able to improve is verbal score from 32 to 38 just in 2 weeks. You can read his testimonial here. The links below will tell you what other beta trial users have said about our RC course.

http://e-gmat.com/blogs/?p=1234

http://e-gmat.com/blogs/?p=1221

http://e-gmat.com/blogs/?p=1223

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rajat Sadana

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeT9_Wr0DlI&feature=youtu.be

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 25

Reviews Badge
Re: E-gmat course?? Advice needed?? [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2012, 17:05
Hi Rajat,

I just appeared for e-gmat SC diagnostic test and scored 83% and incredibly, none of my answers were guesses. Also, I completed that with 5 minutes to spare. I am not sure now. I will reiterate my question, can the the course be completed in 1 month (CR and SC)? Please advise.

Also, when I came out of the quiz, I was not able to find solutions/answers to the questions attempted in the SC diagnostic test. When I re-clicked on the link, the ticker restarted, so I came out to see a sand-clock under Status column, showing the quiz as incomplete. Please rectify this and gimme a way by which I can see the solutions.

Thanks...V.

Working towards a goal...
V.

Expert Post
e-GMAT Representative
Followers: 1276

Kudos [?]: 3593 [0], given: 185

Re: E-gmat course?? Advice needed?? [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2012, 17:13
Expert's post
Vikas,

The course can be completed in 60 hrs. Here is a guy who complete the course in 10 days. Again, we send you a study plan when you purchase the course. You can see the study plan also on our blog.

http://e-gmat.com/blogs/?p=1006

Testimonial of a guy who completed the course in 10 days
http://e-gmat.com/blogs/?p=988

Score did not register?

Did you click the back arrow button on the browser. The scores dont show in the dashboard if you do that.

Let me know if you have any other questions

-Rajat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeT9_Wr0DlI&feature=youtu.be

Re: E-gmat course?? Advice needed??   [#permalink] 10 Apr 2012, 17:13