Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Dec 2014, 05:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

E-gmat or GMAT Pill

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 11-28-2013
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: E-gmat or GMAT Pill [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2013, 06:52
I read the reviews(all say , more or less the same thing for every course),just wanted to know the decision and review of the ones who started the discussion.

Thanks anyway :)
Expert Post
e-GMAT Representative
Followers: 1338

Kudos [?]: 3883 [0], given: 194

Re: E-gmat or GMAT Pill [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2013, 11:30
Expert's post
Here are three things that you can do to come to a decision

Take Free Trial:The best think for you is to take the free trial and then decide. I believe both e-GMAT and GMAT Pill have a decent free trial.

Look at History of success:You should also check out this page if you are a non-native.

Read stories at Share GMAT Experience: Go to Share GMAT Experience to read the reviews of students. Here are the experiences of a few e-GMAT students:

740-if-i-can-do-it-anyone-can-my-tips-141609.html
1-25-yrs-prep-3-sleepless-nights-2-failures-1-dream-score-160132.html#p1268933
a-small-debrief-from-580-v21-to-720-v41-163061.html

Let me know if the above helps.

Regards,

Rajat Sadana

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeT9_Wr0DlI&feature=youtu.be

Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 302

Kudos [?]: 750 [0], given: 6

Re: E-gmat or GMAT Pill [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2013, 14:22
Expert's post
Archit143 wrote:
GMATPill wrote:
Hey guys,

There are plenty of other stories you can check out GMATPill.com :-D

So does other companies have......What is so fascinating about gmat pill............Other test companies also present similar maths......

Consider kudos if my post helps!!!!!!!!
Archit

Hi Archit,

In response to your question about what makes GMAT PILL unique----besides the testimonials on our homepage, you may be interested in the 4 points below.

1) We specialize in SPEED and TIMING - SPEED LEARNING TECHNIQUES

Sure - other programs have testimonials for high scores as well. But they probably don't have actual score reports from students who talk about how they finished the exam with 25 minutes left(http://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-prep-about ... -exam-wow/) --- the 25 minutes might be slightly exaggerated---but the idea is that yes, they had a lot of extra time.

Here's another student claiming 20 minutes left after scoring an insane 780:

http://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-prep-about ... verbalwow/

While these stories are not that common, they do illustrate one of our strengths versus other programs: our speed learning techniques.

Indeed, we often show you how to answer an SC question in < 20 seconds. Not all SC questions can be done this way - but for certain ones, we show you how to quickly arrive at that correct answer with confidence. Oftentimes, you don't even need to read every single answer choice - we show you how exactly to do that.

After watching our video thought process applied to dozens of questions, you will be able to put into action these exact same methods.

If part of your strategy is to speed up SC with maximum accuracy so that you can spend more time on the more time-intensive CR and RC sections, then GMAT Pill can help you implement this strategy.

2) Convenient Access

Not only do we teach speed learning techniques, but we also allow you to learn these techniques on your computer as well as through iPad, Android, and iPhone apps. In particular, we encourage you to check out the iPad app for optimal viewing of videos both in terms of quality and speed.

You are not restricted to a desktop computer.

Most other services do not let you do this.

If you are busy professional with a day job and limited time to study - GMAT Pill may be able to help you.

3) State-of-the-Art Interactive Question Platform with detailed Video Explanations

http://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-test/

Our modern platform is constantly being used by students from around the globe (feel free to check the live activity feed). It is easy to use and involves a good deal of interactivity and expert responses from GMAT PILL.

We also provide a full-length practice test that uses the same test interface as the real GMAT exam.

The above is something that no other program has.

4) Diversity of Students

Our customer base is perhaps the most diverse - with a healthy mix of both native and non-native English speakers, students from India, Brazil, Netherlands, UK, France, USA, Russia, etc

Here's a quick look at the level of diversity of our students - these are actual real students (from submitted testimonials & LinkedIn)

So as you use GMAT PILL - you will be seeing questions from students around the world -- offering you multiple perspectives on the same issue. This diversity in exposure is something other programs may not provide.

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q41 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 515

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: E-gmat or GMAT Pill [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2014, 09:34
Hi guys,

after I used in my last approach the entire MGMAT series and scored a meager 640(q44, v34) I want to make use of the first 2-3 months of this year and study for the GMAT on a daily basis (something like 2-3 hrs in the morning or the evening).

As you see I need to improve both on Quant and Verbal, though Quant might be a low hanging fruit. So I see two options:

1. GMAT Pill - 6 pills full pack for Quant and Verbal
2. E-Gmat + another source for Quant

I would be thankful if I could get any feedback from people, having used both platforms as those seem to have seen some major changes in the last months.

From my previous attempt I clearly remember I loved Zeke's explanations of probabilities and permutations, as well as SC, but somehow found CR a bit confusing, when drawing out a logic tree. Similarly, with E-Gmat I liked the way attacked every rule with some in-depth grammar revision, but this has two downsides - (1) It takes a lot of time, and (2) E-Gmat does not offer any resources on quant

What would you do? I am inclined to pick GMAT Pill as it offer a comprehensive pack, covering all GMAT areas and the reviews are slightly better.

Thanks!

Thank you very much for reading this post till the end! Kudos?

1 KUDOS received
GMAT Pill Representative
Schools: LBS '14 (A)
GMAT 1: 770 Q48 V48
Followers: 150

Kudos [?]: 199 [1] , given: 4

Re: E-gmat or GMAT Pill [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2014, 06:34
This post received
KUDOS
Hi BG Power,

I can highly recommend GMAT Pill, it's a great bit of kit.

One thing I can say is that you're already at a good level (well above the 80th %), and here I think GMAT Pill really comes into its own.

It focuses on getting every question exactly right, and the precise reasons for this. This level of accuracy and preciseness is key aiming 700+.

Former GMAT Pill student, now on staff. Used GMATPILL OG 12 and nothing else: 770 (48,48) & 6.0

... and more

Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: E-gmat or GMAT Pill [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2014, 13:55
Thanks, plumber250! Your input helps me a lot.

A few more questions if you allow:

1. Is the GMAT Pill CR solely based on the logic tree approach? Just out of curiosity
2. In case I decide to buy the full GMAT Pill pack, can you or Zeke help me construct a 2-month study plan?
3. Can you say sth more with regards to the 50 point improvement guarantee?
4. What is the current offer for GMAT Club members, as the one currently uploaded here expired 11/30/2013? I mean 6-Pill-Pack and GMAT Club tests? BTW Did you utilize the GMAT Club Quant tests in your prep?

Thank you for the infos!

1 KUDOS received
GMAT Pill Representative
Schools: LBS '14 (A)
GMAT 1: 770 Q48 V48
Followers: 150

Kudos [?]: 199 [1] , given: 4

Re: E-gmat or GMAT Pill [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2014, 02:07
This post received
KUDOS
Hi - I have sent you a private message

Former GMAT Pill student, now on staff. Used GMATPILL OG 12 and nothing else: 770 (48,48) & 6.0

... and more

Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: E-gmat or GMAT Pill [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2014, 01:41
Thanks, plumber250!

In the mean time, I would be grateful to get reviews from recent users of both systems. And E-GMAT representatives.

Best!

Expert Post
Economist GMAT Tutor Representative
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 3

Premium Member
Re: E-gmat or GMAT Pill [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2014, 09:49
Expert's post
Hi there Tia,

If you are looking for an online course, you should definitely take advantage of Economist GMAT Tutor's free 7-day trial. There is no obligation to purchase the course and you'll really get a feel for what it's all about.

Economist GMAT Tutor has over 5,000 practice questions and includes every part of the GMAT. Check us out at http://gmat.economist.com.

Kind regards,

Elizabeth

Liz
http://econgm.at/KvjVSi
Economist GMAT Tutor
(866) 292-0660

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V28
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3