Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 02:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

e-gmat SC Course?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 12

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
e-gmat SC Course? [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2012, 00:06
Has anybody recently taken e-gmat SC courses? Any thoughts about the course?

I have studied Aristotle SC Grail and MGMAT SC but my OG SC accuracy is still only about 70%.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GPA: 2.5
WE: Operations (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 103 [0], given: 59

GMAT Tests User
Re: e-gmat SC Course? [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2012, 06:45
Hey, I have read through a lot of their reviews, done a bit of research, me being a non native, I am convinced to take this course....

"When the going gets tough, the tough gets going!"

Bring ON SOME KUDOS MATES+++

-----------------------------
Quant Notes consolidated: consolodited-quant-guides-of-forum-most-helpful-in-preps-151067.html#p1217652

My GMAT journey begins: my-gmat-journey-begins-122251.html

All about Richard Ivey: all-about-richard-ivey-148594.html#p1190518

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2233

Kudos [?]: 8381 [1] , given: 3645

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: e-gmat SC Course? [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2012, 11:51
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
You can see more here: http://gmatclub.com/reviews/?fl=menu

or here: http://gmatclub.com/reviews/e-gmat-6

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
Schools: ISB '15
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.18
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 34

Reviews Badge
Re: e-gmat SC Course? [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2012, 05:55
hey i was also wondering whether i shud tk up egmat..... from what i read ppl with low scores in verbal greatly benifit from the score.....most of their testimonials are from scorers arend 38-39.........can anyone tell me if the course will be benificial for people who are already in the 35+range but want to go up to 44-45???
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: e-gmat SC Course? [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2012, 07:22
I heard that they also have a score improvement guarantee and a trial period. So you simply might check it out and decide if it seems to work for you. I'd like to know the outcome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kudos

Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: e-gmat SC Course? [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2012, 13:15
I'm doing the free-trial right now. So far, I really like the way that the course is structured. The only complaint, so far, is that the instructor have an accent that may take some time to get used to.
2 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.88
WE: Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 66 [2] , given: 31

GMAT Tests User
Re: e-gmat SC Course? [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2012, 01:54
This post received
KUDOS
I have finished around 50% of the SC course from E-GMAT and here are my views so far. As a stand alone product it is quite a good resource for the price ( especially when bundled with RC, IR, CR and grockit) however for those like me that have covered the SC guide books (MGMAT or PS/Veritas etc) their may not be much of a stimulation as far as new material, or tactics concerned..In fact to expect such a thing will be unwise as most of the text books do a good job at teaching Grammar that the GMAT covers and so does the E-Gmat instructor... I would have liked some more GMAT like questions..Maybe give 10-15 questions per section instead of the usual 4-6 .. If you are all ready scoring around the 75th percentile, and are good in SC then the E-GMAT will not help you much. I was in that range, and most of the topics were revision for me. I started off wit the diagnostic test and scored a 86%. I decided to go ahead and continue my paid subscription for it seemed like a great revision resource, and i hated going back to the SC book that i have all ready covered 2-3 times.. Along the way, i was able to pin point areas of weaknesses in SC, which i would not have been able to do unless i took multiple CAT's.... Overall i think the SC course is great to start of with (Starting SC prep ) and not a bad revision tool for those that are scoring 70+ percent in the diagnostic and have covered prep material once..For those that do need a major push in SC i would recommend going over the basic grammar books, as it is unlikely that the E-GMAT course will offer anything new unless you are the type of a student that responds better to a tutorial as compared to reading a text book.

Overall, my rating would be 3 on 5..I would have liked more GMAT like practice questions for the price , or at least a practice question bank. I would also recomend their test makers to lay off fromthe WSJ and Mayan civilization articles as i would love to read about topics that are a bit more diverse :-) (this is where the GMAT is super - at presenting topics in SC, CR and RC that are interesting to read )..

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.” - Eric Thomas

Manager
Manager
GMAT Date: 11-18-2012
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 23

Re: e-gmat SC Course? [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2012, 08:52
Hey Vomhorizon,

I am planning to take e-gmat sc course.
but apprehensive after your reviews.
MGMAT SC is great book but i need additional approach to tackle those difficulty level question.
the way i do basically is reading and eliminating answer choice by spotting error,which doesn't help for higher difficulty level question.
whereas i went through e-gmat trial videos and pretty liked there structure way of approach to questions.
not too many concepts flying around head while solving and getting confused.
It will give different approach to solve question.

Regards,
Aristocrat

Thriving for CHANGE

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.88
WE: Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 66 [0], given: 31

GMAT Tests User
Re: e-gmat SC Course? [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2012, 09:10
Quote:
MGMAT SC is great book but i need additional approach to tackle those difficulty level question

The hardest and most challenging concepts are discussed in Level III...Let me finish the course and i will let you know what i think of that level. Despite of my review (which is mostly positive) I would recommend taking their diagnostic test and then using the free material, and then forming an idea regarding whether you should buy the full course or not. At worst you would have spent a few hours re-doing content that you would have covered earlier.

Edit : Just finished the Level III. It does not deal with any new concept, but has a set of 4 quizzes that include around 25, 700 Level Sentence correction questions similar in style to GMAT. Overall, the solutions are worth a watch, and i would categorize them as considerably more difficult when compared to the other quizzes in the course (my accuracy fell to around 70% from 86% on the diagnostic which was a fair bit easier)... Overall a decent bunch of questions...But it would have been better had they provided strategy shortcuts or tutorials on how to attack the toughest passages especially ones which are lengthy and involve the entire passage (all of the passage is underlined)..

Overall, i would give this section (Level III) 2 on 5, for it is only a collection of 25 questions, the likes of which can be easily obtained on this forum for free... I expected some advanced strategy guide to Sentence correction in level III like what VP covers in its advanced verbal book, but it was just a collection of questions, although there is one more section of concepts left "In-depth series" .

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.” - Eric Thomas

Re: e-gmat SC Course?   [#permalink] 19 Dec 2012, 09:10