Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 02:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

E&Y M&A or Accenture from biz school perspective?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
E&Y M&A or Accenture from biz school perspective? [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2008, 00:19
Hi - I need some advice regd. which job I should take. I took my GMAT earlier in the year and scored a 730. I plan to apply to biz schools for Fall 09. I have 4 yrs of mgt. consulting experience. I have 2 job offers at the moment: one from E&Y's Ibanking division (working in M&A) and the other from Accenture in strategy consulting. Pay is significantly higher w/ Accenture since I have previous experience. I plan to work for an ibank or pvt. equity post MBA.

My question is that if I work w/ Accenture till my MBA starts, will it decrease my chances of securing an internship with an ibank during the summer vs. if I work with E&Y? Conversely, will my chances of securing an internship with an ibank/pvt. equity increase if I can show M&A w/ E&Y? Does having no banking experience and only consulting experience decrease my chances w/ banks?

Finally, from the perspective of getting into a top MBA program, which one offers better brand value?

Thanks!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
CEO
CEO
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 426 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: E&Y M&A or Accenture from biz school perspective? [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2008, 07:05
I would seriously consider the E&Y M&A because it would broaden your resume and allow you to see if you actually enjoy work in a filed more closely related to IB or PE. Further, since you only have a bit more than a year before starting your MBA program, the opportunity cost relative to taking the Accenture position is relatively low. I would not consider the MBA application impact of either choice to be very significant, although having worked in M&A would allow you speak more convincingly about your interest in M&A and related areas in strategic finance.
Re: E&Y M&A or Accenture from biz school perspective?   [#permalink] 30 Mar 2008, 07:05

E&Y M&A or Accenture from biz school perspective?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap