Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 23:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

EA to CEO/VP/GM role

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 26

EA to CEO/VP/GM role [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2012, 00:54
In what light is EA to CEO/VP/GM experience seen as far as MBA applications are concerned ?
I have recently been shifted to such a role, and I am not so sure how much of it should I project in my application.

Any expert comments ?

The chase begins ...

Retired Moderator
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 149 [0], given: 27

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: EA to CEO/VP/GM role [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2012, 02:46
dreamchase wrote:
In what light is EA to CEO/VP/GM experience seen as far as MBA applications are concerned ?
I have recently been shifted to such a role, and I am not so sure how much of it should I project in my application.

Any expert comments ?

EA to CEO - very good. EA to VP/GM - not so much. And within that, the context of the organization/scale etc. matters even more. For example, EA to Kumar Manglam Birla or even EA to CEO Of Hindalco is a very good role to write about. The exposure you will get is unparalleled. I would for one kill to become Mr. Birla's EA :)

However, you also point that you have 'recently' been shifted to this role - so I'm not sure how much you can write about it anyways as there should be some impacting stuff, plus a LOR from the person you are an EA of to really drive home the point

http://unclearadmit.tumblr.com
Latest Blog Entry:
09-05-13 Its been too long ... Updates & the Tuck Loan

Current Student
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE: Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 192 [0], given: 628

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: EA to CEO/VP/GM role [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2012, 04:59
For those who were confused like me, EA does NOT refer to Electronic Arts or Equity Analyst :lol: ... it refers to Executive Assistant.
VP
VP
Followers: 72

Kudos [?]: 443 [0], given: 452

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: EA to CEO/VP/GM role [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2012, 06:04
str1der wrote:
dreamchase wrote:

Any expert comments ?

EA to CEO - very good. EA to VP/GM - not so much. And within that, the context of the organization/scale etc. matters even more. For example, EA to Kumar Manglam Birla or even EA to CEO Of Hindalco is a very good role to write about. The exposure you will get is unparalleled. I would for one kill to become Mr. Birla's EA :)

However, you also point that you have 'recently' been shifted to this role - so I'm not sure how much you can write about it anyways as there should be some impacting stuff, plus a LOR from the person you are an EA of to really drive home the point

Agree with this.

Its not a bad role at all and does give a lot of exposure. I guess you would have a lot to write about (or at least you should) once you spend considerable time in the role. In fact I have seen quite a few people in top business schools with similar profiles. Needless to say, higher your boss' position - better your resume.

My Debrief | MBA Timeline - New! Stay on top of deadlines, receive recommendations for each stage, get reminders.

Re: EA to CEO/VP/GM role   [#permalink] 09 Nov 2012, 06:04