Each person on a committee with 40 members voted for exactly one of 3 candidates, F, G, or H. Did Candidate F receive the most votes from the 40 votes cast?
(1) Candidate F received 11 of the votes.
(2) Candidate H received 14 of the votes.
If the area of triangular region RST is 25, what is the perimeter of RST?
(1) The length of one side of RST is .
(2) RST is a right isosceles triangle.
1) if F got 11, there are 29 left so either way you put it one of the candidate has to have more than 11 so SUFF
2) H got 14 so 26 left and F could get 15 or 13 so INSUFF
1. Not sure what the measurement is but it is INSUFF
2. ok so you know it being right isoceles we have the sides X being equal while the hypotenuse Y being something else. We know the area is 1/2 *bh = 1/2*x*x= 1/2*x^2
Now we also know sqrt(x^2+x^2) = y through pyth. theorem. So since 1/2*x^2 = 25 we see x^2=50. so sqrt(2*x^2) = sqrt(100) = 10 = y
If you like my answers please +1 kudos!