Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 26 Oct 2014, 00:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

EBS frankfurt vs EDHEC Masters in management

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

GMAT ToolKit User
EBS frankfurt vs EDHEC Masters in management [#permalink] New post 06 Jun 2014, 11:05
EBS automotive management vs EDHEC masters in management
dear fellow humans
I am an indian .
I am in a dilemna of sorts
I was recently accepted into both EBS at frankfurt germany , and EDHEC france for their masters in management . Now EDHEC is a grande ecole which according to the french means that its the elite , la creme of the creme . I missed the application deadlines for ESCP and HEC . but EDHEC ofcourse , its ranked 14th by ft for their MIM programme . But i do not want to rely on ft rankings because its obviously flawed considering it places ESCP>HEC
and ESCP>ESSEC>bocconi . I cannot make anything out from the ranking . And stockholm school of economics which has amazing placement figures is ranked at 23 . And LSE which is supposed to be in one of the best in uk is in higher 20s . LBS doesnt figure anywhere . EDHEC as i have come to understand does not have very good placement figures .around 45% of the graduating class found jobs before graduation and no figures available for after 3 months , and after 6 months . And there is a lot of information vaccuum regarding this college . Also , I am not able to understand how all these colleges have placement statastics that are more then 90% considering the economic sitiutaion in europe . EDHEC apparently has a 95% placement rate 3 months after graduation , but when i requested their official placement figures , they were much more sobering , and somewhere in the 50s percentage .

now considering EBS . its not at all ranked anywhere but it apparently enjoys a kind of mixed reputation in germany but is supposed to be one of the best in germany . and this programme is my ideal programme since it is specifically designed for the automotive sector . And ofcourse , germany is where all the money is right now in europe . and it has some amazing partner universities for Ex : MIT spain , Mcgill canada , queens canada , IIM ahemedabad , etc etc

Now , if you guys could help with some personal input as to what you think of the above two colleges , and job prospects after graduating from either .

I am an indian and i will very obviously be learning german or french . I do not have a problem being roman in rome . Now the question is , should i follow the rankings and go to EDHEC ? or should i go the the EBS masters ?

I would be highly greatful for your input

PS ; I was also accepted into the frankfurt school of finance and management school for their MIM

PS PS : i love gmatclub . especialy bb and bunuel
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
EBS frankfurt vs EDHEC Masters in management   [#permalink] 06 Jun 2014, 11:05