Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 10:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Ecoefficiency (measures to minimize environmental impact

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 06-27-2014
GPA: 3.2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 6

Re: Ecoefficiency (measures to minimize environmental impact [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2013, 05:40
I am not getting Q6 and Q7. Please explain.
INSEAD Thread Master
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: Q0 V0
GPA: 3.6
WE: Brand Management (Retail)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 67

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Ecoefficiency (measures to minimize environmental impact [#permalink] New post 04 Aug 2013, 01:13
I got everything write but i took more than 9 minutes tor 3 questions, anyone interested in discussing the timing strategies, i read the whole passage and understood, made notes, so i didnt go back to the passage for any question, but i believe there is too much reading in these questions as well as the passage. Big sentences in question 7, any advice on how to tackle this passage for timing?

Image Posted from GMAT ToolKit

Cheers
Farhan

http://gmatfarhan.blogspot.in

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Ecoefficiency (measures to minimize environmental impact [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2013, 21:59
rajechP wrote:
I am confused with Q 4. Why not the answer is option B. Senge and Carstedt propose an alternative.

Ecoefficiency (measures to minimize environmental ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------Senge and Carstedt argue that to preserve the global environment and sustain economic growth, businesses must develop a new systemic approach that reduces total material use and total accumulated waste. Focusing exclusively on ecoefficiency, which offers a compelling business case according to established thinking, may distract companies from pursuing radically different products and business models.

Hi,

The question 4 asks "what is the primary purpose"?
if you notice carefully there are 2 questions which are based on the Main Line of the passage.
and that line is" but suggest that simply adopting ecoefficiency innovations could actually worsen environmental stresses in the future."

The passage further explains this line in detail.
It explains the concerns of the particular "ecoefficiency" strategy.

Thus the passage does not primarily suggest any alternative strategy.

Thanks,
Aniket
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 131

GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Ecoefficiency (measures to minimize environmental impact [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2013, 06:52
4. C
5. E
6. D
7. B

I always read the last 2-3 lines of a passage in a hurry. I repent now. But I still can't manage as it's been there for a long time
Manager
Manager
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 222

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Ecoefficiency (measures to minimize environmental impact [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2013, 20:58
Why isnt (B) the answer of question 5..Can someone explain?

Kudos please if you find my post useful..

Director
Director
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V29
GMAT 2: 670 Q50 V29
GMAT 3: 620 Q49 V26
GMAT 4: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.6
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 536 [0], given: 197

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Ecoefficiency (measures to minimize environmental impact [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2013, 21:15
akankshasoneja wrote:
Why isnt (B) the answer of question 5..Can someone explain?

hi,

Q5:According to the passage, an exclusive pursuit of ecoefficiency may cause companies to
A. neglect the development of alternative business models and products
B. keep the number of products that they manufacture unchanged
C. invest capital from increased profits primarily in inefficient and outmoded industries that may prove unprofitable
D. overemphasize the production process as the key to increasing profits and growth
E. focus more on reducing costs than on reducing the environmental impact of production processes

see passage last line:
Focusing exclusively on ecoefficiency, which offers a compelling business case according to established thinking, may distract companies from pursuing radically different products and business models.

clearly this is what A says.

B is nowhere written.

hope it helps

When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe ...then you will be successfull....

GIVE VALUE TO OFFICIAL QUESTIONS...

GMAT RCs VOCABULARY LIST: vocabulary-list-for-gmat-reading-comprehension-155228.html
learn AWA writing techniques while watching video : http://www.gmatprepnow.com/module/gmat- ... assessment
: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APt9ITygGss

Re: Ecoefficiency (measures to minimize environmental impact   [#permalink] 14 Aug 2013, 21:15