Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 20:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Economist GMAT course

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Economist GMAT course [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2013, 07:39
I have recently taken the GMAT, and did not perform as well as I had expected. I was looking for a program that would provide me with the necessary material to be ready to retake the exam within a month as many application deadlines were coming up. Having previously logged a little less than 100 hours of studying I needed a program that provided more practice tests. This was the main reason I went with the Economist GMAT tutor course. Once I started using the software I was able to fine tune all the areas I had struggled with. The software would build on various components of the test at a steady pace, which unlike any book I had used allowed me to see where I needed work. I found the software to be a great help in a very short period of time. If you have time constraints and you are already performing well, but for some reason unable to make that leap from scoring in the high 600 and low 700, I definitely recommend using the week long trial version provided online, and than using one of the programs offered. It really does help with the 4-5 question difference between a 690 and and 750.

IK
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Concentration: General Management, General Management
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V29
GMAT 2: 680 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.7
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 239 [0], given: 318

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Economist GMAT course [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2013, 04:31
ik1990 wrote:
I have recently taken the GMAT, and did not perform as well as I had expected. I was looking for a program that would provide me with the necessary material to be ready to retake the exam within a month as many application deadlines were coming up. Having previously logged a little less than 100 hours of studying I needed a program that provided more practice tests. This was the main reason I went with the Economist GMAT tutor course. Once I started using the software I was able to fine tune all the areas I had struggled with. The software would build on various components of the test at a steady pace, which unlike any book I had used allowed me to see where I needed work. I found the software to be a great help in a very short period of time. If you have time constraints and you are already performing well, but for some reason unable to make that leap from scoring in the high 600 and low 700, I definitely recommend using the week long trial version provided online, and than using one of the programs offered. It really does help with the 4-5 question difference between a 690 and and 750.

IK

Hi there,

Can you share your debrief please !!

Rgds,
TGC!

Rgds,
TGC!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 6

Re: Economist GMAT course [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2013, 02:41
Hi ik1990,

Did you retake the exam yet? I found the program useful for me. It help me to correct some of my careless mistakes and habits. I did not perform well on math and after learning the Economist for 2 weeks, I knew why I did not perform well. I'm not a native English speaker so sometime it not about the math but the words confused me. And the practices help me a lot.

I also found the work order of the SC helpful. But I still did not know whether I can improve my RC. The passages are so familiar after some lessons. Could you share your learning experience with me?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Economist GMAT course [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2013, 14:41
I feel somewhat hypocritical, as in my past statement I gave a lot of credit to the software, but I am going to make some adjustments to what I had said now that I have taken the test again.

My actual score did not improve even though based on the software and my confidence level going in I had expected at least a 50 point increase. Here are some things I noticed taking the test a second time. The software for the prep fits perfectly for the practice tests you take within the software, each question addresses a specific topic covered (especially verbal). As I do not know what I got wrong on the actual test, a lot of what I am saying is speculative. I am not sure that the software prepares you to do as well as it projects. I went in constantly scoring Q50 or above and V38-42, and when I took the exam I was comfortable and relaxed, yet I scored Q44 V32. I suggest that you take the verbal portion of the software with a grain of salt, I felt the questions on the actual test were far more difficult. For quant. I am not sure I may have guessed poorly on a couple, which would support the low score. Again I may just be a poor test taker and the Economist program may be great as it did raise my practice test scores.

Perhaps 3rd time is the charm... if anyone has any advice regarding the benefits and drawbacks of taking the test a 3rd time in 3 months please let me know. Scoring above a 700 would put me in an ideal range for applying to top 20 business schools. I do not know if I should just except my faith with a 620 and an average gpa.
Re: Economist GMAT course   [#permalink] 31 Oct 2013, 14:41