Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 19:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

EDHEC MSc Finance / Henley MSc Intl. Securities Inv. Banking

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

GMAT ToolKit User
EDHEC MSc Finance / Henley MSc Intl. Securities Inv. Banking [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2014, 23:14
Hi fellow forum members,

Out of the offers I hold for 2014 entry, below are the respectable ones.

· MSc International Securities, Investment and Banking (10 months – Full Time) - No. 31 in FT Master in Finance 2013 rankings
ICMA Centre - Henley Business School, University of Reading, UK

· MSc Finance (1 Year – Full Time) - No. 6 in FT Master in Finance 2012 rankings
EDHEC Business School, Nice, France

I do not possess an academic background in finance and my UG grades aren't strong as well (I am an engineer from India), hence I wish to pursue a master degree in finance, such as above one's and then go for programs like...

1. MIT - Masters in Finance
2. London Business School - Masters in Finance or some of the top US MBA's may be......

I have a score of 700+ in GMAT and impressive professional references (from the Global Head and Department Heads of Financial Market teams). I also have 3.5 years of experience in financial market roles.

so, as of now...I wish to know, how you guys look at the above courses. Please share your feedback on any possible financial market roles (not FO jobs) in UK (London) or France, after graduating from above courses.

Thanks & Regards
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: EDHEC MSc Finance / Henley MSc Intl. Securities Inv. Banking [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2014, 02:57
London would be hard - lots of schools would be ahead of yours e.g lbs, lse etc etc

You might stand a better chance in France but you'd probably have to have a good grasp on French.

With 3.5 years exp, why don't u go straight for a top US mba though instead of 2 consecutive (!!) ms fin degrees ?

As to the type of jobs, a ms fin opens up all jobs except for the highly technical/quantitative ones.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: EDHEC MSc Finance / Henley MSc Intl. Securities Inv. Banking [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2014, 22:56
mirri wrote:
London would be hard - lots of schools would be ahead of yours e.g lbs, lse etc etc

You might stand a better chance in France but you'd probably have to have a good grasp on French.

With 3.5 years exp, why don't u go straight for a top US mba though instead of 2 consecutive (!!) ms fin degrees ?

As to the type of jobs, a ms fin opens up all jobs except for the highly technical/quantitative ones.

Posted from my mobile device Image

Hi,

Yes, you are right. However, I timed my applications incorrectly and also my undergrad ( I strongly feel ), grade & the degree itself, isn't good enough for a top US MBA. Two things I look to gain out of the first Masters in Finance. One, fix my profile's big hole (the under grad). Secondly, any additional international work experience would certainly add value to my profile.

The two ms fin degrees is because, though a top MBA can help gain an entry into the trading floor (you should be young though), I do not see much help for applicants in their late 20's (In the field of finance at least). Hence, a MS Fin degree from top schools like MIT, LBS would be sufficient enough to conclude I am done with my academics and from now on its all going to be on the job learning. And again, my under grad makes me feel strongly that I have to gain a ms fin from tier 2 institute first and then shoot for big ones.

Please share your views.

Cheers !!!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: EDHEC MSc Finance / Henley MSc Intl. Securities Inv. Banking [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2014, 12:38
I would go with EDHEC. But it is very difficult for non EU citizens to find employment in the EU. So you might have to return to Asia. Make sure that EDHEC is well known in Asia because I don't think it is.
Re: EDHEC MSc Finance / Henley MSc Intl. Securities Inv. Banking   [#permalink] 13 Mar 2014, 12:38