Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:37 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 191 [0]
Given Kudos: 95
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72887 [0]
Given Kudos: 18867
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 191 [0]
Given Kudos: 95
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 6255 [0]
Given Kudos: 330
WE:General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
egmat liveprep vs egmat online(or GmatPill) [#permalink]
solitaryreaper wrote:
Thanks BB for the valuable advice :-D
I have few more questions. Apart from the workshops, the live prep also consists of 9-10 live sessions on verbal. Can you shed some light on how good these live sessions are ? I mean live prep course costs approx. 10k bucks more than verbal live . Whats your take on spending 10k more for 10 live sessions. Would it be really beneficial? Would it mean missing too much(too important lessons) by missing these live sessions.

I am also planning to take gmat pill course. I liked their Verbal course. How good is their quant course?

Thanks in advance !!!!

Hi You can always look into the reviews posted by the students of both the courses.

1. E-gmat Review.

2. GMAT Pill Review

In these reviews, you will come to know more about their courses and offerings.

Hope it helps.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 78 [2]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Re: egmat liveprep vs egmat online(or GmatPill) [#permalink]
Kudos
Is appalled by all the marketing gimmicks of all the above coaching centers to dupe vulnerable students . Will give a frank opinion from a students perspective, who has taken both the services e-gmat and crackverbal .

E-gmat ...completely useless if u are looking to improve verbal . After u pay the fees u get access to some random videos uploaded, each explaining some basic concepts . The thing is these concepts are pretty basic and can be found online in Manhattan's Thursdays with Ron series (they are pretty amazing and honest do check them .) for free !! . They have very minimal questions to practice from.... a very big disadvantage , since without practice no point in cramming in concepts .
Although after going through their explanations given for various questions on gmatclub I was impressed by them but thats it ..... dnt expect much from their paid services .Pluss they dont have any tests of their own , then no way to test urself . Their online sessions are of not much use either . Then what about all these great testimonials they have u ask ? out of 100 students if 10 or 20 do well that doesnt mean the course is a hit . They are students who would have anyways done well.

So what should one do !! ....... practice practice and practice by urself from as many books as u can.Buy Kaplan Manhattan and different books see the questions and learn from them . Because take it from me in writing there are no tricks or shortcuts for verbal . U have to read dense material and improve ur English and simultaneously practise. Watch Manhattans Thursdays with Rons they are a pot of gold ! when it comes to building concepts....

Do lsat verbal questions for more practice . Atleast RC and CR can be covered . Pluss LSAT has pretty decent questions . Read Opinion pages of nytimes , guardian et al . Daily practise quant fro 1-2 hr and verbal for 1 hr . Use the gmat prep tests very wisely . They are the closest u will get to giving the real gmat exam . Manhattan's 6 gmat test are also good but wayy tougher than the real exam . Do give them . Also search for solutions for each and every OG question in google . ROns explanation on their blog r pretty accurate .
The gmat exam also is evolving the old tricks which these coaching centers purport to teach no longer apply . Take it from a guy who gave gmat twice .

WHO AM i to give this advice?? --- a guy who gave GMAT twice -- 1st attempt - 700
2nd attempt - 720

Got in two Colleges with 50% fellowship . DOnt believe me go ahead waste 20k or more on these coaching guys . ALL the Best bro !! :)
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1367 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Expert Reply
"Hi Everyone !
I am in the middle of my gmat preparation. I have used Manhattan SC and some free online resources to prepare for sentence correction. But I still feel that I am under prepared. So I took free trials of few online prep courses such as egmat , gmatpill etc. I observed that egmat focuses more on the basic concepts while I also liked the approach of Zeke Lee from GmatPill(Verbal SC was really something out of the box). So I have decided to go for egmat Verbal online which is half the price of egmat live prep to build the basic concepts and then may be I will go for gmatpill at the advanced stage of preparation. Can anyone suggest whether I am making the right move by opting for Egmat Verbal online instead their liveprep course , live prep actually consists of live lectures on sc, cr and rc sections. Am I missing too much by not opting for a little expensive live prep course?!, or which might prove more beneficial?.. One more thing Gmatpill consisting of Quant + Verbal pills costs pretty much the same as the egmat Live prep that is only verbal course. Then is it wise to go for Gmatpill all together? ...I am highly confused right now :? :cry: ...I am determined to score more than 750 at any cost(in my very first attempt!). Please help !!!"

When deciding on a course/study materials, it's important to know 1) if you need more help in verbal, quantitative, or both 2) if you can achieve this better with independent study or if more guidance/didactic material is needed. There are countless options out there but if you can determine what you need to study (based on the first practice exam before you begin your studies), and in what way you learn best, it should save you a lot of stress. I hope that is helpful for anyone else currently in the same situation!
GMAT Club Bot