Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 20:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Either Perry s faction or Tucker s faction, but not both,

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.77
WE: Corporate Finance (Other)
Followers: 152

Kudos [?]: 501 [0], given: 527

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: CR Must be true type [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2011, 07:15
guys,

Although it is difficult, I have to recognize that I was wrong. Nobody is perfect. :)

Thank you vannbj for great debate.

C is wrong answer choice. D is correct .

С is wrong because it is half correct (1part) half wrong (2 part). It is definitively not certain that they will not suffer both, they may suffer both.

Follow me, if you find my explanations useful.

Audaces fortuna juvat!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Columbia, INSEAD, RSM, LBS
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: CR Must be true type [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2011, 10:51
D for me
Director
Director
Status: My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Followers: 58

Kudos [?]: 150 [0], given: 57

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: CR Must be true type [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2011, 12:38
I think its C........Its a paraphrase of statement 1 and 2......

General GMAT useful links-->

Indian Bschools Accepting Gmat | My Gmat Daily Diary | All Gmat Practice CAT's | MBA Ranking 2013 | How to Convert Indian GPA/ Percentage to US 4 pt. GPA scale | GMAT MATH BOOK in downloadable PDF format| POWERSCORE CRITICAL REASONING BIBLE - FULL CHAPTER NOTES | Result correlation between GMAT and GMAT Club's Tests | Best GMAT Stories - Period!

More useful links-->

GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios| GMAT and MBA 101|Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT|New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>|GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application|

Verbal Treasure Hunt-->

"Ultimate" Study Plan for Verbal on the GMAT|Books to Read (Improve Verbal Score and Enjoy a Good Read)|Best Verbal GMAT Books 2012|Carcass Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section|Ultimate GMAT Grammar Book from GC club [Free Download]|Ultimate Sentence Correction Encyclopedia|Souvik's The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC|ALL SC Rules+Official Qs by Experts & Legendary Club Members|Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik|Critical Reasoning Shortcuts and Tips|Critical Reasoning Megathread!|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- CR|GMAT Club's Reading Comprehension Strategy Guide|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- RC|Ultimate Reading Comprehension Encyclopedia|ALL RC Strategy+Official Q by Experts&Legendary Club Members

----
---
--
-

1 KUDOS = 1 THANK

Kick Ass Gmat

Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator
Concentration: International Business, Marketing
Schools: Ross '17, Duke '16
GMAT Date: 06-06-2014
GPA: 3.07
Followers: 36

Kudos [?]: 207 [0], given: 42

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: CR Must be true type [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2011, 00:05
Either Perry’s faction or Tucker’s faction, but not both, will win control of the government. If Perry’s faction wins, the nation will suffer economically. If Tucker’s faction wins, the nation will suffer militarily.

Premise 1: Just one P or T win
Premise 2: If P win, P harm the government
Premise 3: If T win, T harm the military

Given the statements in the passage, which one of the following statements must be true?
(A) It is possible, but not certain, that the nation will neither suffer economically nor suffer militarily.
(B) If the nation suffers economically, it is certain that Perry’s faction has won control of the government. => reverse one, certain is wrong
(C) It is certain that the nation will suffer either economically or militarily, and also certain that it will not suffer both. => Certain wrong
(D) If the nation suffers militarily, it is possible, but not certain, that Tucker’s faction has won control of the government. => Right one, the possibility of reverse
(E) If the nation suffers both economically and militarily, it is certain that neither Perry’s faction nor Tucker’s has won control of the government. => Certain is wrong

Rules for posting in verbal gmat forum, read it before posting anything in verbal forum
Giving me + 1 kudos if my post is valuable with you :)

The more you like my post, the more you share to other's need

CR: Focus of the Week: Must be True Question

Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: Either Perry s faction or Tucker s faction, but not both, [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2011, 13:51
vote for D. Any one knows the OA?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: Either Perry s faction or Tucker s faction, but not both, [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2011, 13:14
D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
Re: Either Perry s faction or Tucker s faction, but not both, [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2012, 06:12
Its a bit tricky, I went with C. Damn !!!

GGG (Gym / GMAT / Girl) -- Be Serious

Its your duty to post OA afterwards; some one must be waiting for that...

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 520 Q42 V19
GMAT 2: 540 Q44 V21
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 22

GMAT Tests User
Re: Either Perry s faction or Tucker s faction, but not both, [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2012, 23:49
I marked C.

Whts the OA?

The proof of understanding is the ability to explain it.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
Re: Either Perry s faction or Tucker s faction, but not both, [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2012, 13:50
D is the correct answer

Posted from my mobile device Image

GGG (Gym / GMAT / Girl) -- Be Serious

Its your duty to post OA afterwards; some one must be waiting for that...

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 100 [0], given: 31

Re: Either Perry s faction or Tucker s faction, but not both, [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2012, 21:12
D for me. Option are difficult to eliminate on first go but anyways landing on correct arena does matters under timely constrained manner.

Practice Practice and practice...!!

If my reply /analysis is helpful-->please press KUDOS
If there's a loophole in my analysis--> suggest measures to make it airtight.

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 6

Re: Either Perry s faction or Tucker s faction, but not both, [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2012, 10:39
D it is.....
c is wrong becoz of last 3 words
Re: Either Perry s faction or Tucker s faction, but not both,   [#permalink] 20 Mar 2012, 10:39