- 10 years IT experience from Large Financial Institutions (multiple roles: sys manager, teach strategy and architecture, delivery manager)
- MS CIS from US with GPA 3.4
- UG Engineering from India (First w/Distinction)
- GMAT 730 (50, 38)
- Company Sponsorship for EMBA
- Can get excellent recos from senior executives
I am looking at Duke (#4 EMBA) and Wharton (#2 EMBA).
Adv Duke: 2.5 hours driving distance, few of senior execs in the current company are Fuqua alumni
Adv Wharton: Reputation, more IT management electives.
Can you please compare Duke and Wharton programs and also expand on reasons as to why I should choose one over the other?
I wish I could do so, but I don't think I can. They are both excellent programs and this is highly individual decision not one that an outsider can make because they are both such good options. What do you want to accomplish by getting the EMBA? Which will help you more? While provides more employment assitance, if that is important to you? Which schedule will be better for you? Which is stronger in your specific area of interest?
I hope these questions at least provide some guidance.
Congratulations and good luck!
Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog