Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:01 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Manufacturing
Schools:Mendoza, Fisher, Ross
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Manufacturing
Schools:Mendoza, Fisher, Ross
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Re: EMBA Decision - Michigan-Notre Dame-Cornell-Northwestern [#permalink]
That is a good question, and one which I don't have enough knowledge or experience to answer well.

In addition to the the global network, is your class network. Speaking with ND Alumni of 2012, 2011, I found that they both had job offers during their time in the program. However, I don't believe that is something unique to one school.

I really liked the elective format of Michigan, and do wish the ND program modeled that a little closer. The electives in ND are only provided during the immersion weeks. But, with that being said, they are taught by the top tier Mendoza faculty.

One could possibly surmise that if an individual had to select between two programs, he might be more value conscientious than a corporation. And wouldn't the higher tuition costs drive away those earning less? Thus, those that do enroll might be of a higher salary level, and can either; (1) afford it themselves, or (2) be considered worth the investment by their organization.

What I am implying is that Michigan might have more, higher caliber, Executives than ND. Maybe?

Contrasting that chain of logic, my neighbor's father is a pilot for private jets. He said that, "you will never see more leer jets at an airport than you will at South Bend on game day." It is a weird indicator, but it gives you an idea.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
discipline,

Very valid points you make. I feel like I can't go wrong with either program. I like the fact that Michigan is a Fri-Sat once a month visit vs. ND which is Thurs-Sat. I also think Michigan has fewer immersion weeks than ND, but this is minor.

There is a significant price difference between the two - $88,500 (ND) vs. $135,000 (Ross). That is a big chunk of change.

One other point, I REALLY love the new EMBA program/format at ND.

When I ask business contacts or friends about both programs, NO ONE can quote MBA rankings or standings for Michigan or Notre Dame. Everyone can agree they are both stellar schools/programs, but ND seems to have a mystique to its name. It does seem like a very strong name nationwide, where some programs are more regional.

BTW, congratulations on your acceptance to Notre Dame! Maybe I will see you this summer.

Regards,
Tim
Intern
Intern
Concentration: GM
Schools:Ross PT
WE 1: Operations Management
WE 2: Project Management
WE 3: Project Engineer
Send PM
Tim - You might want to take into consideration the OCD at Ross. It's stellar and works with Part Time and EMBA student as much as Full-time students.
GMAT Club Bot