Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 17:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

EMBA-Global

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Leadership
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

EMBA-Global [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 03:13
I'm considering the EMBA-Global program. EMBA-Global is a collaboration of Columbia University and London Business School. This is a 20-month part-time program. Each month, you spend one week in class in either New York or London. I'm comparing EMBA-Global to LBS EMBA, INSEAD Global EMBA Wharton EMBA, Kellogg 1-Year MBA (full time), and the 2-year full time programs at Berkeley and MIT. I'm an American expat currently living in Amsterdam.

Does anyone here attend EMBA-Global? Or have you researched the program in detail? I can't find much content online other than the school's own marketing materials.
Director
Director
Affiliations: Columbia, Wharton, LBS
Schools: Harvard, Stanford, LBS, Columbia, Wharton, HEC Paris
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 113 [0], given: 1

Re: EMBA-Global [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 03:59
The reason there is not much about EMBA programs on this site is that most people who attend these programs are slightly older and most likely not as open to posting their questions on an open forum. However, you can find quite a bit out about the program -- we suggest that you attend as many information sessions as you can (both on-line as well as in-person) and alumni who attended the program. If you do not know of anybody who attended the program -- leverage Linkedin and do a search -- and send a "cold-email" to them asking them for some time to discuss the program. People who attended the program know the importance of making the right decision so most will more than willing to spend a few minutes with you to discuss their experience and provide some insight. A side benefit is that this provides you with an easy way to expand your network -- so target people who work in industries you are interested in working in - both short and long term.

We have worked with people who attended the program and those who have reported back said that they found the program very beneficial and that their classmates were very impressive and driven. The one complaint is that the constant travel added an level of stress and fatigue to an already busy life and made the 20 months extremely trying. Also, people like the idea of working with two premier universities and say the level of teaching and the exposure they received in important business centers was unprecedented.

Good luck in trying to find out about these programs. If this strategy does not work, please contact me and we can discuss other ways of getting the information and insight that you need.

Kimberly Plaga
Senior Admissions Consultant
Manhattan Review

Call for a free candidacy assessment.

Manhattan Review GMAT Prep & MBA Admissions Consulting
Web: http://www.manhattanreview.com | Phone: +1.212.316.2000
Receive 20% off Admissions Consultings as GMATClub member!

Re: EMBA-Global   [#permalink] 28 Mar 2013, 03:59

EMBA-Global

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap