Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 08:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Embarrassing score of 560 - Drop from 650-690 in mocks

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Schools: IIMB, IIM A '15
GMAT 1: 560 Q43 V22
GPA: 3.2
WE: Information Technology (Telecommunications)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Embarrassing score of 560 - Drop from 650-690 in mocks [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2013, 01:29
Dear All
here is my embarrasing story :oops:
Started my prep - 01-Jun-13
Exam date - 07-Aug-13

Books / material used - All MGMAT guides, OG13
CATs - GPrep1 (620), MGMAT 1 (640), MGMAT 2 (650), GPrep2 (690)
Actual GMAT - 560 :x

After reading the experience of many fellows out here, I was quite confident to clear the exam with score of 680+, but all logic / learnings fell apart when I saw 560 (Q-43,V-23) on my screen. I could not believe this for a while, hoping to see the refined score on next screen :x , but I had to accept the truth.

First of all, this experience is forcing me to believe that GPrep is not at all a true (or near to true) indicator of your actual score. One week before the actual exam, I took GPrep (G49, V36) and during last 1 week i did few practice Qs from OG and revisitied the notes. I am thinking I made a mistake by changing my strategy a bit during last week - I decided to spend list more time on first and last 10 Qs in Quant and Verbal. I will do some more brain storming and try to share if I get any good learning, though till now my gut feeling is suggesting to go ahead and try the test again without any much study.

Any suggestions from you guys would be really appreciated.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Embarrassing score of 560 - Drop from 650-690 in mocks   [#permalink] 12 Aug 2013, 01:29