Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 19:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Mar 2011
Posts: 12
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
GPA: 3.38
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2012, 10:40
dhruvvarma wrote:
PhoenixId wrote:
R2 decisions are out on OPUS.
I got dinged. :( I kind of expected this result as I did not get any interview invite. Yet, there was this tiny little hope of getting waitlisted which would give me a chance to submit additional documentation. :?

Congrats to all those who got in! Good Luck to waitlisted candidates!


I know what you mean, I got dinged as well. Thats a goodbye to this thread for me.


Same here.
2 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 25 Jul 2010
Posts: 300
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V46
GPA: 3.2
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 18

Kudos [?]: 29 [2] , given: 20

Reviews Badge
Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2012, 21:31
2
This post received
KUDOS
Hey guys, I got an admit! Very excited about it. I was on vacation and didn't check my mail till today! I also got a very good scholarship. I haven't got any other interview calls yet so unless I get another admit with some decent scholarship, I will go for GBS!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Jan 2012
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2012, 02:23
LetsGoMets wrote:
navra wrote:
Guys, if there are any students of Goizueta here, can you in a conversation with me share your experience? I would be glad to receive a couple of questions answered via skype


I'd be glad to take some questions if you post on this thread. Chances are your questions are similar to others, so I think it's best they remain public.


Could you share your interview experience? What questions are asked and some general or specific advice?

Thank you very much in advance.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Dec 2011
Posts: 49
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 4

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2012, 02:26
srjaidev wrote:
Hey guys, I got an admit! Very excited about it. I was on vacation and didn't check my mail till today! I also got a very good scholarship. I haven't got any other interview calls yet so unless I get another admit with some decent scholarship, I will go for GBS!


Congrats srjaidev! Which round did you apply in and when did you get the interview invite?
And could you please share your interview experience?

BTW, impressive set of GMAT results you've got ! It's hard to turn down an offer with a good scholarship.
At least you have an admit in hand and you know that you are definitely heading to b-school this fall ! :-D
Once again, CONGRATS!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 10 Nov 2009
Posts: 248
Schools: Emory 2012
WE 1: 1 yr proprietary trading
WE 2: 2 yrs global ibank in municipal derivatives
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 11

Reviews Badge
Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2012, 04:37
maximboy wrote:
Could you share your interview experience? What questions are asked and some general or specific advice?

Thank you very much in advance.



The interview is extremely conversational. Know your resume, be able to articulate why you made the decisions that you made, know why you want an MBA, and specifically know why an Emory MBA is the right fit for you. While it's important, it won't be a very pressured or intense interview, rather the interview is likely very nice, wants to get to know you better, and will be very easy going. I don't remember the exact questions and couldn't tell them to you anyway, but the gist of it is written above. Be yourself, be natural.
_________________

http://www.mbavolunteers.org - check it out

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Oct 2011
Posts: 42
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2012, 09:27
Did anyone here apply to any of the center-based fellowships?
I was looking at the information about the fellowships (again) this morning, and noticed it mentioned decisions would be made toward the end of Feb. Any thoughts on how this might play out for R3 applicants?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Dec 2011
Posts: 49
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 4

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2012, 06:42
It has been pretty quiet here. I am wondering if there's anyone in this forum who has received an interview invite from the school.
Results are coming out in early March and we are already moving into the last week of Feb ! It's hard not to get nervous.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Jan 2012
Posts: 23
Location: United States
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2012, 19:49
Only two more weeks till the results are posted. I'm getting very nervous now too. Although I interviewed back in October while I was on campus. Good luck to everyone!
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 19 Jan 2011
Posts: 134
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 19

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2012, 08:17
OmanguitoO wrote:
Only two more weeks till the results are posted. I'm getting very nervous now too. Although I interviewed back in October while I was on campus. Good luck to everyone!


Same here...Emory is the first school that i hear back from in my Rd2 list ...the following two weeks can't pass any slower...good luck everyone...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Dec 2011
Posts: 49
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 4

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2012, 19:04
The website says that "An evaluative interview is required of all applicants before an offer of admission can be extended." I am wondering if applicants who have yet to have an interview with the adcom still stand a chance at getting an invite within the next 2 weeks. Does anyone have an idea on this issue?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 19 Jan 2011
Posts: 134
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 19

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2012, 07:53
slumdog1000000 wrote:
The website says that "An evaluative interview is required of all applicants before an offer of admission can be extended." I am wondering if applicants who have yet to have an interview with the adcom still stand a chance at getting an invite within the next 2 weeks. Does anyone have an idea on this issue?


In my opinion, it is too close to the decision date for them to be extending interview invitations..and yes, all admitted applicants are interviewed...but this is just my personal take on this...maybe they do invite people up untill the last moment...either ways...good luck to you...
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 19 Jan 2011
Posts: 134
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 19

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Feb 2012, 07:11
Are results posted on OPUS the night before the decision day? If that is the case, are we expecting to see something late 6th March before the calls on the 7th. Do they even call?? I am going nuts....as you can tell...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 25 Jul 2010
Posts: 279
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 76

Reviews Badge
Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Feb 2012, 07:14
topMBA12 wrote:
Are results posted on OPUS the night before the decision day? If that is the case, are we expecting to see something late 6th March before the calls on the 7th. Do they even call?? I am going nuts....as you can tell...


I received an email the day before I got the call from my interviewer. FWIW, coincidentally the day before I got the email I was on OPUS and it looked a little different, there were links for "Next Steps" but an admission decision wasn't available at the time. Once I got the email my decision was available on OPUS
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Dec 2011
Posts: 34
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Feb 2012, 07:36
johnnyGMAT2k10 wrote:
topMBA12 wrote:
Are results posted on OPUS the night before the decision day? If that is the case, are we expecting to see something late 6th March before the calls on the 7th. Do they even call?? I am going nuts....as you can tell...


I received an email the day before I got the call from my interviewer. FWIW, coincidentally the day before I got the email I was on OPUS and it looked a little different, there were links for "Next Steps" but an admission decision wasn't available at the time. Once I got the email my decision was available on OPUS


I checked Opus the night before the deadline and the decision was already avaiable. It was around 9 p.m. Brazil time, so 7 p.m. ET. I did't receive a call, since I am an international student, but received a follow up email a few days later with the scholarship I was awarded.
_________________

My blog: http://www.mbalife.tumblr.com

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Dec 2011
Posts: 16
Schools: Goizueta '14
GMAT 1: Q V
GPA: 3.7
WE: Consulting (Insurance)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Feb 2012, 09:50
Anyone have any insight into the ReVera Credential Verification process? I sent my form in today, but the site says their "aim" is to have it completed before you officially step foot on campus. Well, that isn't good enough. I need to know before that if there are any problems because I have other schools I would need to accept admissions to in the event of a discrepancy.

I'm sure there is no problem and appears all they verify is employment/education/extracurriculars (though not sure how they do ECs when no contact information is provided on the application). Still, this is a substantial life decision and any potential problems need to be known way before we are sitting in class.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Dec 2011
Posts: 34
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Feb 2012, 10:09
EmoryNole wrote:
Anyone have any insight into the ReVera Credential Verification process? I sent my form in today, but the site says their "aim" is to have it completed before you officially step foot on campus. Well, that isn't good enough. I need to know before that if there are any problems because I have other schools I would need to accept admissions to in the event of a discrepancy.

I'm sure there is no problem and appears all they verify is employment/education/extracurriculars (though not sure how they do ECs when no contact information is provided on the application). Still, this is a substantial life decision and any potential problems need to be known way before we are sitting in class.


Sent mine in as well today, but I have no idea how the process works. From what I could read on other threads, in most cases the process seemed to be very fast (one or two weeks tops) and they would send you an email letting you know how it went.

By the way, are you planing to attend Welcome Weekend in april?
_________________

My blog: http://www.mbalife.tumblr.com

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Dec 2011
Posts: 16
Schools: Goizueta '14
GMAT 1: Q V
GPA: 3.7
WE: Consulting (Insurance)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Feb 2012, 10:40
socalledpremba wrote:
EmoryNole wrote:
Anyone have any insight into the ReVera Credential Verification process? I sent my form in today, but the site says their "aim" is to have it completed before you officially step foot on campus. Well, that isn't good enough. I need to know before that if there are any problems because I have other schools I would need to accept admissions to in the event of a discrepancy.

I'm sure there is no problem and appears all they verify is employment/education/extracurriculars (though not sure how they do ECs when no contact information is provided on the application). Still, this is a substantial life decision and any potential problems need to be known way before we are sitting in class.


Sent mine in as well today, but I have no idea how the process works. From what I could read on other threads, in most cases the process seemed to be very fast (one or two weeks tops) and they would send you an email letting you know how it went.

By the way, are you planing to attend Welcome Weekend in april?


Yes, I will be at Welcome Weekend, but it is March 30-31, not April...correct?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Dec 2011
Posts: 34
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Feb 2012, 10:45
EmoryNole wrote:
socalledpremba wrote:
EmoryNole wrote:
Anyone have any insight into the ReVera Credential Verification process? I sent my form in today, but the site says their "aim" is to have it completed before you officially step foot on campus. Well, that isn't good enough. I need to know before that if there are any problems because I have other schools I would need to accept admissions to in the event of a discrepancy.

I'm sure there is no problem and appears all they verify is employment/education/extracurriculars (though not sure how they do ECs when no contact information is provided on the application). Still, this is a substantial life decision and any potential problems need to be known way before we are sitting in class.


Sent mine in as well today, but I have no idea how the process works. From what I could read on other threads, in most cases the process seemed to be very fast (one or two weeks tops) and they would send you an email letting you know how it went.

By the way, are you planing to attend Welcome Weekend in april?


Yes, I will be at Welcome Weekend, but it is March 30-31, not April...correct?


You are right... I was just thinking about the days I have to ask my boss in order to attend. If everything goes well with my plane tickets, I'll be there as well. Thankfully it's low-season, so things are not that expensive!
_________________

My blog: http://www.mbalife.tumblr.com

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Oct 2011
Posts: 42
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Feb 2012, 13:06
Did anyone receive a call today? I received a call on my work line 15 minutes ago and the caller ID said Emory but no message left (couldn't pick up bc I was on a call). Freaking out now! Really want to know if it was Goizueta!
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 19 Jan 2011
Posts: 134
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 19

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Feb 2012, 14:51
sewcrafty wrote:
Did anyone receive a call today? I received a call on my work line 15 minutes ago and the caller ID said Emory but no message left (couldn't pick up bc I was on a call). Freaking out now! Really want to know if it was Goizueta!


Did you try and call back on that number??
Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 29 Feb 2012, 14:51
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
16 Experts publish their posts in the topic Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants dzyubam 250 05 Sep 2011, 09:14
29 Experts publish their posts in the topic Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants bb 395 21 Oct 2012, 16:06
11 Calling all Emory applicants Fall 2011 thedarklard 210 29 Oct 2010, 21:31
3 Calling all Emory applicants Fall 2010 w103psp 159 01 Jul 2009, 05:32
4 Calling all Emory applicants Fall 2008 emoryhopeful 203 10 Sep 2007, 09:35
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13    Next  [ 251 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.