Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 14:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: LEAD Program in Business, NSHMBA, NBMBAA
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 77

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2011, 09:43
Hi Emory applicants! FYI if you're applying to Emory through the Consortium Graduate Study in Management (CGSM), hop over to the Consortium 2012 Forum and Update Your Profile to reflect that you are applying through the Consortium.

It's simple. Just select your school as "Consortium, the", then indicate which specific institution(s) you'll be applying to and the Consortium round you'll be applying in. You can do all of this easily through the handy 'Add to Your Schools' link on the front page of the Consortium 2012 Forum.

We have a special analytics specifically for those candidates applying via Consortium and lots of useful tips for your application and assessment of your candidacy.

Cheers!

My Blog - Road to the MBA Class of 2014

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2011, 17:05
Is Emory ED binding? Does anyone know?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2011, 08:06
I've been lurking this forum for a while, but this is the first time I post. Has anyone received any decision from Emory for the 2y program?

My blog: http://www.mbalife.tumblr.com

Intern
Intern
Schools: Owen '14 (S)
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: Q V

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2011, 10:15
socalledpremba wrote:
I've been lurking this forum for a while, but this is the first time I post. Has anyone received any decision from Emory for the 2y program?

It's weird to me that nobody has posted an acceptance from the Early Decision round... I wonder how many people applied in that round? It seems not very many since nobody on gmatclub has a decision.

I applied in round 1, and all of the decisions will come out at once on Decemeber, 14. Less than 1 week away...
Intern
Intern

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2011, 12:58
cfieldy7 wrote:
I applied in round 1, and all of the decisions will come out at once on Decemeber, 14. Less than 1 week away...

I was already starting to freak out... Hopefully we'll both get good news on the 14th.

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q V38
GPA: 3.73
WE: Other (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 6

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2011, 03:58
I submitted my application on Dec 9th (Round 2).

- The Wait begins..

2 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Emory 2012
WE 1: 1 yr proprietary trading
WE 2: 2 yrs global ibank in municipal derivatives
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 49 [2] , given: 11

Reviews Badge
Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2011, 18:10
This post received
KUDOS
Hi Everyone,

I don't check this site very often anymore, but now that the semester here is over I do have some time. I'm a second year at Goizueta and obviously went through a lot of the same things many of you are going through now. If you do have any questions about Emory, or B-school in general, I'd be happy to answer them.

-LetsGoMets

http://www.mbavolunteers.org - check it out

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Schools: INSEAD '14

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2011, 21:07
Hi Letsgomet...

How is the 1 year program of Emory....Batch size is small.....Is the admit profile different from Normal 2 year program..
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 11

Reviews Badge
Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2011, 21:24
The one year program is strong, although it (in my unofficial opinion) does not provide as full of an experience as the two year program. The one years forego an internship and cram the first semester into one summer and don't get to take as many electives as the two year class.

As far as the class profile goes, I'll link to their website below:
http://www.goizueta.emory.edu/degree/fu ... files.html

The main differences are a slightly lower GMAT range and more work experience for the one year class.

The degree at the end of either program is identical.

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2011, 06:45
LetsGoMets,

Do you know if Emory ED is binding?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.33
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 5

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2011, 07:02
Has anyone who applied R1 heard anything yet? Do they call you if you are accepted? Do they release all decisions on the deadline day (tomorrow / 14th)? I checked last year's thread, but I could not tell. Thanks!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 1

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2011, 10:40
This post received
KUDOS
OldManRiver wrote:
Has anyone who applied R1 heard anything yet? Do they call you if you are accepted? Do they release all decisions on the deadline day (tomorrow / 14th)? I checked last year's thread, but I could not tell. Thanks!

This is the first year Emory is doing firm rounds instead of rolling admissions. Yes, all of the decisions will come out tomorrow. From looking at the previous posts on this thread from the Early Decision round, it should be updated pretty early in the morning.

Good luck!! I am a little nervous, but can't wait to find out!
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 49 [1] , given: 11

Reviews Badge
Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2011, 11:17
This post received
KUDOS
MYCambridge wrote:
LetsGoMets,

Do you know if Emory ED is binding?

As far as I know ED is not binding, but it does require a non-refundable deposit a lot sooner than a R1 or R2 admit would have to deposit. As a result, it's really only a good option for those people for whom Emory would be their top choice.

As you know, this is the first year that Emory is doing rounds. When I applied two years ago, it was just rolling admissions.

Intern
Intern

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2011, 15:51
My decision was posted online in the last few hours. I got in! I didn't get an email notification yet. I just checked my application status online. Good luck to everyone else. I got dinged by Kellogg earlier today, so this was welcome news!
Intern
Intern

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2011, 16:22
OldManRiver wrote:
My decision was posted online in the last few hours. I got in! I didn't get an email notification yet. I just checked my application status online. Good luck to everyone else. I got dinged by Kellogg earlier today, so this was welcome news!

I got in also!!! Sorry to hear about Kellogg, I'm still waiting for their answer!

Do you know if they will make phone calls tomorrow to those who got in? And do you know if they let you know about any scholarship or if there's nothing on the website than it means you didn't get any?

Intern
Intern

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2011, 18:52
socalledpremba wrote:
OldManRiver wrote:

I got in also!!! Sorry to hear about Kellogg, I'm still waiting for their answer!

Do you know if they will make phone calls tomorrow to those who got in? And do you know if they let you know about any scholarship or if there's nothing on the website than it means you didn't get any?

My understanding is that they will make phone calls tomorrow to those who were accepted. You would also be notified about any scholarship offers. That's at least what happened last year. Good luck!!!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2011, 21:14
Got waitlisted. I saw the decision letter on opus. Now got to wait for their feedback and hopefully work on those.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2011, 04:39
Admitted. But do not know the schorlarship information.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 2

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2011, 05:12
Accepted!! But no information on scholorships; assuming this means I didn't get one??
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2011, 07:03
Accepted!! First admit of the season, but no scholarship information here either. Maybe it will be in the packet (if I got one) that the decision letter mentioned would be mailed this week.
Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 14 Dec 2011, 07:03