Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 16:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
CIO
CIO
Followers: 87

Kudos [?]: 630 [1] , given: 334

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Sep 2011, 09:14
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED

Emory Goizueta Full Time MBA 2012 Intake

Emory (Goizueta) Applicant Summary (Real Time)

Quick Glance: GMAT Club vs. Latest Intake (Class of 2013)

Real Time App Tracker Feed

Detailed Applicant List: Add Yourself to This List (add Goizueta to your profile)

GMAT Club's Real-time Admissions Statistics

Add Your Profile to This List
Questions about this Roll Call?

Last edited by rasta on 27 Dec 2011, 06:12, edited 2 times in total.
Updated
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [2] , given: 3

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Sep 2011, 09:51
This post received
KUDOS
There's no rolling admission this year: http://www.goizueta.emory.edu/degree/fu ... sions.html
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Emory 2012
WE 1: 1 yr proprietary trading
WE 2: 2 yrs global ibank in municipal derivatives
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 49 [2] , given: 11

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2011, 18:10
This post received
KUDOS
Hi Everyone,

I don't check this site very often anymore, but now that the semester here is over I do have some time. I'm a second year at Goizueta and obviously went through a lot of the same things many of you are going through now. If you do have any questions about Emory, or B-school in general, I'd be happy to answer them.

-LetsGoMets

http://www.mbavolunteers.org - check it out

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

2 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V46
GPA: 3.2
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 28 [2] , given: 20

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2012, 21:31
This post received
KUDOS
Hey guys, I got an admit! Very excited about it. I was on vacation and didn't check my mail till today! I also got a very good scholarship. I haven't got any other interview calls yet so unless I get another admit with some decent scholarship, I will go for GBS!
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 20 [2] , given: 4

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2012, 07:01
This post received
KUDOS
navra wrote:
Gmat 750, gpa 4.0, winner of the nation wide olympiad on economics, distinction by the highest state officials, international work experience with stress on business development and non-profit, recommendation letter provided by the former minister of the environmental protection - not even invited for an interview. Amazing, what could have been wrong with my profile?

Sorry to hear that you were denied admission :( You do have a profile that most people would love to have! However, having a strong profile doesn't necessary mean that you can get into any schools of your choice - there are many other factors that the adcom takes into consideration when making the decision to admit/reject an applicant. Emory is a very gd b-school that is climbing steadily up the rankings chart and this could have helped the school attract a pool of very strong applicants who would otherwise have applied to a top-10 program. Given that you applied in R3, they could already have accepted applicants with a profile similar to yours? I was told by the admissions director that R3 is a lot more competitive than the previous 2 rounds, and that the adcom is much more selective in who they pick to form the next class. If you had applied in the earlier rounds, you could have gotten yourself an admit? It is unfortunate Emory - like most b-schools - does not provide applicants with an opportunity to find out what went wrong in their apps. You can only make that evaluation yourself. Could it have been your essays? Or the recommendation letters from your referees? I don't know. Anyway, given your past achievements, I am sure you will go on to do just as well, if not better, in other schools. Remember that b-schools do not define who you are as a person. The fact that you have decided to go thru the grueling process of applying to b-school already shows that you are a highly motivated, ambitious person who has great plans for the future! I hope you have been admitted to other programs. Do well in another b-school, make a billion bucks, donate a tenth of your wealth as an alum to your alma mater and make Emory regret their decision to turn you away! :wink:

"Living a life better than your enemy is the best revenge"

If it's of any comfort to you, I got a ding too. I don't have a profile as awesome as yours, but I am equally confident that I will do better in a school that appreciates me for who I am.

Congrats to all admitted applicants ! Enjoy Atlanta :-D
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 13 [1] , given: 6

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2011, 21:03
This post received
KUDOS
prachich1987 wrote:
hi,
My profile is as below
24/Indian female/700/B.Tech/39 months of work-ex
Does applying to Emory in early (round1) than the priority (round2) round has any advantages w.r.t below points

a) chances of getting admission
b) chances of getting scholarship

Applying in any school in the earlier round is an advantage.

The school thinks that it is few of your top choices and hence you are applying.

You may have a smaller pool with which you compete in the earlier rounds. The skeleton of the class is being formed in the earlier rounds, so you have a better chance.

With regards to scholarship, it goes without saying that the better the earlier.

However one cannot compromise on the quality of essays, so apply whenever you feel that your essays sound the best. Being an international applicant, R1 and R2 should be your target.

All the best.

I don't know if getting everything I want would make me happy, but the opposite is not working at all!!

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.33
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 5

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2011, 19:14
This post received
KUDOS
I interviewed on campus last week. The interview questions were very basic, and almost seemed scripted: Walk me through your resume, what are your biggest weaknesses, strengths, tell me about a time you received harsh feedback, tell me about your activities outside of work, why are you applying to Emory, what will you contribute to Emory's community. Overall, a very positive, casual conversation. Good luck to everyone.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Owen '14 (S)
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: Q V

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 1

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2011, 10:40
This post received
KUDOS
OldManRiver wrote:
Has anyone who applied R1 heard anything yet? Do they call you if you are accepted? Do they release all decisions on the deadline day (tomorrow / 14th)? I checked last year's thread, but I could not tell. Thanks!

This is the first year Emory is doing firm rounds instead of rolling admissions. Yes, all of the decisions will come out tomorrow. From looking at the previous posts on this thread from the Early Decision round, it should be updated pretty early in the morning.

Good luck!! I am a little nervous, but can't wait to find out!
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Emory 2012
WE 1: 1 yr proprietary trading
WE 2: 2 yrs global ibank in municipal derivatives
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 49 [1] , given: 11

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2011, 11:17
This post received
KUDOS
MYCambridge wrote:
LetsGoMets,

Do you know if Emory ED is binding?

As far as I know ED is not binding, but it does require a non-refundable deposit a lot sooner than a R1 or R2 admit would have to deposit. As a result, it's really only a good option for those people for whom Emory would be their top choice.

As you know, this is the first year that Emory is doing rounds. When I applied two years ago, it was just rolling admissions.

http://www.mbavolunteers.org - check it out

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Goizueta '14
GMAT 1: Q V
GPA: 3.7
WE: Consulting (Insurance)

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 0

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2011, 07:08
This post received
KUDOS
It appears the admits in the Early Decision round have been quite elusive. I am here to break that trend. I was accepted in the ED round and paid my deposit. I am thrilled to be part of the Emory class. My top two choices for any schools were Tuck and Goizueta (though what idiot wouldn't take an HBS admit). Fortunately, I didn't have to make that decision because when the Economist ranked Tuck #1 in the world with it sailed any hopes of my acceptance. I wasn't using Emory as a safety school and impressed upon the AdCom the sincerety of my interest. Perhaps that is why I was accepted and others haven't been... Regardless, I am thrilled.

On a side note, I snuck my application for the One-Year program in when it was still rolling admissions. It threw them a bit of a curve ball, but I was accepted to that program a while back. It has since been determined the 2Y is much more convenient because I am selling a house and completing another masters degree.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q V38
GPA: 3.73
WE: Other (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 14 [1] , given: 6

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2012, 00:48
This post received
KUDOS
R2 decisions are out on OPUS.
I got dinged. :( I kind of expected this result as I did not get any interview invite. Yet, there was this tiny little hope of getting waitlisted which would give me a chance to submit additional documentation. :?

Congrats to all those who got in! Good Luck to waitlisted candidates!

- The Wait begins..

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 16 [1] , given: 19

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2012, 06:41
This post received
KUDOS
srjaidev wrote:
Hey! Emory made great progress in the US News rankings! - bit.ly/z7xXv0

It is definitely a great school and it is on the rise...In the south, the reputation of Emory is unmatched..It gets you access to some wonderful job opportunities and its location is a big asset..Great to see the school climbing up the ladder... Emory still has some work to do before it catches up as a "national" brand name...but its taking all the right steps IMO...Congrats to everyone who made it in and good luck to those who are waiting...
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2156

Kudos [?]: 7563 [0], given: 3623

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Sep 2011, 13:31
Expert's post
MYCambridge wrote:
There's no rolling admission this year: http://www.goizueta.emory.edu/degree/fu ... sions.html

Thanks! I think we may have added the school before the change.
Changing!

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.03
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Sep 2011, 12:17
Does anyone know the recommendation questions?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 6

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Sep 2011, 07:54
Have all the people in the list actually applied in the Early Action round?

Does anyone have any idea as to what percentage of admits go out during EA round?

I don't know if getting everything I want would make me happy, but the opposite is not working at all!!

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 9

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Sep 2011, 08:20
hi,
My profile is as below
24/Indian female/700/B.Tech/39 months of work-ex
Does applying to Emory in early (round1) than the priority (round2) round has any advantages w.r.t below points

a) chances of getting admission
b) chances of getting scholarship
Manager
Manager

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2011, 21:06
I have got a confirmation email from Pam that all the materials have been received.

If Oct 12 is the target date for results, interview calls should go out by next week.

Has anyone heard back from the adcom?

Current Student
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE: Human Resources (Retail Banking)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Sep 2011, 17:13
Hi Team

I have applied to Goizueta in their early decision round. If the results are to be out on the 12th Oct, then I believe I should have already recieved a call for interview.

Has any body got any calls yet?

Here's my profile
Work Ex - 2 yrs after grad and 2 yrs during under grad
GMAT: 740
Quant: 49
Verbal: 41
Academics : Pretty good... Ranked third in 150 students

Shajji
Manager
Manager

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Oct 2011, 23:13
Just got an update from a current student that few calls to applicants shortlisted for interview have gone out.

The adcom is still in the process of going through all the applications submitted in the EA round.

Current Student
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE: Human Resources (Retail Banking)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2011, 22:19
Hey,

I got an interview invite yesterday! Interview is scheduled on the 6th.

What can I expect?

Regds,
Shajji
Re: Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 03 Oct 2011, 22:19